Anyone else waiting anxiously for apps to be updated for the new iPhone screen size?
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-07-2014 06:06 PM
    Anyone else waiting anxiously for apps to be updated for the new iPhone screen size?
    Yes, and I don't even have my iPhone yet

It's probably just my imagination, but devs seem pretty slow to do this. Even some of the most popular apps haven't been optimised yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Anthonyiamador likes this.
    10-07-2014 06:10 PM
    Yes, and I don't even have my iPhone yet

It's probably just my imagination, but devs seem pretty slow to do this. Even some of the most popular apps haven't been optimised yet.

Yeah it took a while when the 5 came out it seemed like it took forever for developers to update apps for the 4" screen.
    10-07-2014 07:55 PM
    You would think Facebook would have done it by now. But, there is a difference with the keyboard also in non converted apps. Kinda annoying.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-07-2014 08:07 PM
    Yeah it took a while when the 5 came out it seemed like it took forever for developers to update apps for the 4" screen.
    Oh good, I was worried that it was taking particularly long this time. Most apps will get there eventually. At least they're currently usable.

10-07-2014 09:22 PM
    "We're watchin', and we're waitin'. On the edge of our seats, anticipating".
    10-07-2014 10:01 PM
    Today I saw something so silly, YouTube had an update that only fixed minor bugs instead of optimizing for the 6 and 6+ Waiting for apps to be optimized for iPhone 6/+-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412733781.566786.jpg
    Like really? Is that all they can come up with all this time? Sigh!
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-07-2014 10:05 PM
    Today I saw something so silly, YouTube had an update that only fixed minor bugs instead of optimizing for the 6 and 6+ Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412733781.566786.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	67651
    Yeah I saw that too. So annoying Google!
    10-07-2014 10:19 PM
    Today I saw something so silly, YouTube had an update that only fixed minor bugs instead of optimizing for the 6 and 6+ Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412733781.566786.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	67651
    I thought the exact same thing!
    10-08-2014 12:03 AM
    Sometimes those updates to preserve functionality rather than add polish are greenlit before rewriting new resolutions
    10-08-2014 12:28 AM
    Hmm...a majority of my apps haven't been optimised yet. And I don't think it was my imagination - devs are really slow to update this time, compared to other times in the past.

Google is probably trying to hold off for as long as possible, trying to put people off iOS They'd better update soon though. I use YouTube and hangouts a lot, in particular.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-10-2014 04:54 PM
    I think the devs are doing the best they can to get their app/apps up to speed with the new iPhones. It's not as easy as one would expect. Most of you have no idea what they go through to have them up and running. Most make money on their apps. You think they're not working feverishly to get them updated? Coding can be very difficult, and Apple has given them new tools to work with. When they're done, the apps will be great. Be patient and let them do their job.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-10-2014 05:27 PM
    I think the devs are doing the best they can to get their app/apps up to speed with the new iPhones. It's not as easy as one would expect. Most of you have no idea what they go through to have them up and running. Most make money on their apps. You think they're not working feverishly to get them updated? Coding can be very difficult, and Apple has given them new tools to work with. When they're done, the apps will be great. Be patient and let them do their job.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    I have no doubt that it's not that easy, and a lot of people, including myself, don't girl enough credit and expect too much. I'd rather devs take longer and make sure that optimise the screen size and iOS 8 well. As long as they get there eventually, and within a reasonable amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Anthonyiamador likes this.
    10-10-2014 05:48 PM
    I don't feel that they are taking excessively long especially considering the fact that there are two new resolutions/screen sizes to develop for this time compared to one when the iPhone 5 came out.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-12-2014 06:08 PM