Hello all. Let me preface this by saying I am a virgin to the forum and glad this exists to share thoughts, et. al. I have a prepaid account with AT&T which I am happy with and last year bought a 5S unlocked from the Apple store. Everything was peachy.

Well, I decided to take an early plunge (usually I wait until the next iteration of after a whole #) and get a IP6. Saturday, I went to the same Apple store bought a gold 128GB model and set everything up in the store. Grand. Life couldn't be better.

I get to my car and tried to pair the phone. The phone wouldn't stay paired when I turned off either the phone, or the car. I thought this was odd. Maybe I did something wrong in pairing it. I tried to see if I could get some information from the internet via cell data, and low and behold, no cell data, either. No LTE. Just 4 G and no internet connectivity.

Yesterday, I took the phone to AT&T to provision a new sim and see if that would work. It didn't. And I tried to see if I could get the BT working, too. I checked the car manual to see if I was pairing right and I was. So....to say the least, I was very disappointed because I was dying for a bigger screen!

I ended up taking the phone back and restoring the 5S to glory. I am bummed!

Has anyone else encountered these issues with the IP6?
    10-06-2014 12:49 PM
    Bluetooth connectivity is a known issue thought it was iOS 8 more than the hardware but could be wrong (is your 5S running 8.1?) ... Perhaps you just got s defective unit which Apple should exchange based on your issues. For me my Bluetooth is working fine in a Buick rental car I have but does not function properly in my 2014 escape (Microsoft Sync) I'm sure a software update will solve it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-06-2014 12:52 PM
    Yeah my Bluetooth runs flawless throughout my stereos.
    10-06-2014 01:10 PM
    Mine engages in my Acura every time with no issues with connectivity or dropping calls. I'm running 8.02.
    10-06-2014 01:16 PM
    So maybe a defective unit and you returned it instead of getting it exchanged?
    10-06-2014 01:25 PM
    Mine works great with my maxima
    10-06-2014 05:20 PM
    No issues with my IP6 and my Pioneer aftermarket radio
    10-06-2014 05:24 PM
    Hello all. Let me preface this by saying I am a virgin to the forum and glad this exists to share thoughts, et. al. I have a prepaid account with AT&T which I am happy with and last year bought a 5S unlocked from the Apple store. Everything was peachy.

Well, I decided to take an early plunge (usually I wait until the next iteration of after a whole #) and get a IP6. Saturday, I went to the same Apple store bought a gold 128GB model and set everything up in the store. Grand. Life couldn't be better.

I get to my car and tried to pair the phone. The phone wouldn't stay paired when I turned off either the phone, or the car. I thought this was odd. Maybe I did something wrong in pairing it. I tried to see if I could get some information from the internet via cell data, and low and behold, no cell data, either. No LTE. Just 4 G and no internet connectivity.

Yesterday, I took the phone to AT&T to provision a new sim and see if that would work. It didn't. And I tried to see if I could get the BT working, too. I checked the car manual to see if I was pairing right and I was. So....to say the least, I was very disappointed because I was dying for a bigger screen!

Are you with go phone?
    10-06-2014 05:31 PM
    Haven't tried Bluetooth yet hopefully you will get it to work. I do not trust over the air updates so I just restore over the computer
    10-06-2014 06:08 PM
    Pairs well with my 2014 Toyota Camry. It's a software issue so it will take time for Apple to workout the bugs. Don't lose hope!
    10-07-2014 10:25 AM
    Should of exchanged it buddy... And when i first got my iPhone 6 it didnt connect to lte or 4g i had to restore my backup for that to work...
    10-07-2014 11:37 AM
    And my Bluetooth connects to my sony radio perfectly also ford sync
    10-07-2014 11:41 AM
    Could it have been 8.0.1 booting from the box? 8.0.1 is known to have broken cellular connectivity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-07-2014 11:43 AM
    My iPhone 6 BT, iOS 8 and iOS 8.0.2, works great with my 2014 Honda Accord. My iPhone 5S with 8.0 also worked great. I didn't download iOS 8.0.1.

I had saw it was released but by the time I got home from work it had been pulled.
    10-07-2014 12:03 PM
    Yeah my Bluetooth runs flawless throughout my stereos.
    Same here, no problem with connectivity on my iP6.
    10-07-2014 02:09 PM
    So maybe a defective unit and you returned it instead of getting it exchanged?
    I know that's what I was thinking ...
    Personally I think the Op should've tried getting a new car first ...
    mikah15 likes this.
    10-07-2014 03:07 PM

I think you had a lemon and should have at least tried to exchange it and see if the new one worked, if not then yeah it is just the phones and going back to the 5s is what you needed to do. Not to mention hopefully in 8.1 they fix any bluetooth issues people are having.
    10-07-2014 03:32 PM
    And my Bluetooth connects to my sony radio perfectly also ford sync
    I have a 2013 Focus with the ford sync and my iPhone 6 pairs right away. However, when I receive a call, it displays my phone number, not the caller and I cannot answer through sync. When I place a call, it connects and goes through for about 5 seconds, the the sync display indicates that the call ended, but if I select the phone option on the handset, the call is still in process.

I have deleted all phones associated to the sync system, reset networks on my phone, re-synced with the car's sync system and still no luck.

Does this sound like a problem with the phone or Sync?

Thanks in advance for ANY advise!
    10-07-2014 05:36 PM
    The OP came in with guns a-blazin and like a thief in the night...gone.

Sounds like everyone else for the most part are pairing successfully so that's a good thing.
    10-07-2014 06:20 PM
    I have a 2013 Focus with the ford sync and my iPhone 6 pairs right away. However, when I receive a call, it displays my phone number, not the caller and I cannot answer through sync. When I place a call, it connects and goes through for about 5 seconds, the the sync display indicates that the call ended, but if I select the phone option on the handset, the call is still in process.

I have deleted all phones associated to the sync system, reset networks on my phone, re-synced with the car's sync system and still no luck.

Does this sound like a problem with the phone or Sync?

Thanks in advance for ANY advise!
    Did you download the contacts from your phone to the ford sync when you first paired it?
    10-07-2014 07:25 PM
    The only Bluetooth issue I've ever had is that if I answer using the phone physically it answers in "privacy mode" not through Bluetooth. If I answer using the steering wheel controls or waving my hand over the right area it answers flawlessly. This goes for both my company and personal car.
    10-07-2014 08:01 PM
    mine works fine in my BMW on 8.0.2... however my buddies 6plus was not connecting properly to his Kia Optima, all he did was (on his car) remove the device or forget the device.. and then re establish the pairing..

worth a shot bud
    10-07-2014 10:55 PM
    iPhone 6 with a Ford Taurus here running Sync. It doesn't work.
    10-08-2014 09:35 AM
    2013 Ford Fusion, not working, pairs but not able to answer or call, had it working for one day with multiple reset all and reset sync, tried all the other suggestions floating around, no go. Waiting for fix with iOS 8.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-08-2014 09:42 AM
    Had a friend and his wouldn't connect. Deleted all previous blue tooth pairing and it works. That's a known work around.
    10-08-2014 09:42 AM
35 12