Had to take back my iPhone 6!

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The only Bluetooth issue I've ever had is that if I answer using the phone physically it answers in "privacy mode" not through Bluetooth. If I answer using the steering wheel controls or waving my hand over the right area it answers flawlessly. This goes for both my company and personal car.

michael banjany

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
mine works fine in my BMW on 8.0.2... however my buddies 6plus was not connecting properly to his Kia Optima, all he did was (on his car) remove the device or forget the device.. and then re establish the pairing..

worth a shot bud

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
2013 Ford Fusion, not working, pairs but not able to answer or call, had it working for one day with multiple reset all and reset sync, tried all the other suggestions floating around, no go. Waiting for fix with iOS 8.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I had to return my iPhone 6 back because of the Verizon Edge program someone in my family doesn't know how does it work with Verizon Edge so i have to buyout the iPhone 6 without the contract.

Frenzytom

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here...Bluetooth worked beautifully for both of my cars and wireless headsets. First time in awhile, Bluetooth worked flawlessly coming from Android and iOS.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I had to return my iPhone 6 back because of the Verizon Edge program someone in my family doesn't know how does it work with Verizon Edge so i have to buyout the iPhone 6 without the contract.

Why? I have to suffer bc of someone else's ignorance? If they need me to explain it to them I can.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for being off topic but is the family member on your plan? It seems you're having a lot of problems getting the phone you want because of what your family is telling you.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Had a friend and his wouldn't connect. Deleted all previous blue tooth pairing and it works. That's a known work around.

Did all of this and it still doesn't work. So I thought that I would take the SIM out of my 6 and put it back in my 5s, paired the 5s with the Sync system and it works flawlessly!!

BOTH are running 8.0.2.

Got an appointment at the Genius Bar this afternoon.

benji888578

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I get to my car and tried to pair the phone. The phone wouldn't stay paired when I turned off either the phone, or the car. I thought this was odd. Maybe I did something wrong in pairing it. I tried to see if I could get some information from the internet via cell data, and low and behold, no cell data, either. No LTE. Just 4 G and no internet connectivity.

Yesterday, I took the phone to AT&T to provision a new sim and see if that would work. It didn't. And I tried to see if I could get the BT working, too. I checked the car manual to see if I was pairing right and I was. So....to say the least, I was very disappointed because I was dying for a bigger screen!

Are you talking about cell data with the phone or when connecting to your car? ...You said you had no cell data, but, could you make calls? If you could then the issue is with your prepaid account not being set up properly with AT&T (or accidentally put in airplane mode?). If all was ok on their end, then perhaps the phone had 8.0.1 installed on it? I would check as this caused these cell issues. (see next quote too).
Could it have been 8.0.1 booting from the box? 8.0.1 is known to have broken cellular connectivity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP: As far as bluetooth connectivity goes:

In any case, it's an iOS 8 issue that affects some users on various iPhones, not just the 6/6+. I have read on other forums the 8.1 beta fixes many BT issues. 8.1 should be out sometime this month.

(The sim would have nothing to do with Bluetooth, the sim only has to do with connection to your particular cell carrier over cell radios.)

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Did all of this and it still doesn't work. So I thought that I would take the SIM out of my 6 and put it back in my 5s, paired the 5s with the Sync system and it works flawlessly!!

BOTH are running 8.0.2.

Got an appointment at the Genius Bar this afternoon.

Just to update this...I went to my appointment at the Genius Bar, I explained the problem and what I had attempted to do to remedy the issue. They did their diagnostics and promptly gave me a new phone. It was loaded with 8.0 and paired flawlessly with my Ford Sync. I could receive and make calls. I was hesitant to update to 8.0.2, but just did and the hands free is working!!

I don't know if it was a hardware issue, but I am completely satisfied with my 6 now!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Just to update this...I went to my appointment at the Genius Bar, I explained the problem and what I had attempted to do to remedy the issue. They did their diagnostics and promptly gave me a new phone. It was loaded with 8.0 and paired flawlessly with my Ford Sync. I could receive and make calls. I was hesitant to update to 8.0.2, but just did and the hands free is working!!

I don't know if it was a hardware issue, but I am completely satisfied with my 6 now!

Great to hear!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods