iPhone 6 rattle/vibration - Do you have it too?

Do you have this problem on your iPhone 6?

• Yes, mine rattles too like in the video.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Nope! Not at all! :D

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

My iPhone 6 was making a really cheap noise/rattle when vibrating, as if the vibration motor was faulty or kind of "loose" within the case. It could also be that the screen was not firmly attached to the case (don't really know). If you would hold the left bottom part of the phone (where the vibration motor is located) the rattle would shut off, and it would vibrate "normally".

I found a video on Youtube of a guy having the exact same problem as me:click here to see the video

I gave my phone to a relative for him to take it to an Apple Store (since I don't live in the USA) and he did receive a replacement unit right after inspection. Waiting for the new iPhone to arrive, will update this post as soon as I get it back.

Just thought to let you guys know that it IS a hardware fault and if you experience this, do not hessitate and take it to an Apple store!

** UPDATE: Got the replacement back, working like a charm. No issues whatsoever. :cool:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 4s through 5s does this. I had inquired a couple years ago. It is the camera on these models. It is purposely built this way to allow the focus movement in the camera casing. Make the camera active and focusing then tap gently, you will notice the rattle stops. Maybe this is what you hear on your 6.

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 4s through 5s does this. I had inquired a couple years ago. It is the camera on these models. It is purposely built this way to allow the focus movement in the camera casing. Make the camera active and focusing then tap gently, you will notice the rattle stops. Maybe this is what you hear on your 6.

Nope. It was not that at all. The vibration motor on the iPhone 6 is located at the bottom left side of the phone (where the sound rattling sound is coming from). If you apply pressure to that spot, it stopped the rattling.. It actually is way far from the camera, which is at the top. I tried holding both the top left (front camera) and the top right (rear camera) and the rattling was still happening.. However, applying pressure to the bottom left, solved it immediately.

In some cases, such as mine and as the video mentioned in the OP, the vibration motor is either faulty or lose and touching the chasis of the phone. It is not normal, and Apple does indeed recognize this as a flaw and will replace your unit under the 1 year warranty.

Go into Youtube and type in "iphone 6 vibration issue" and you will see what I mean. None of all the previous iPhone I've had have showed this kind of rattling sound. Not even close.

iJihad

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
i Have the same issue, also the home button feels off, not smooth. i can hear a small click before the push click.

I don't live in US, is there a manual fix for this yet? i cannot send mine back :(

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
i Have the same issue, also the home button feels off, not smooth. i can hear a small click before the push click.

I don't live in US, is there a manual fix for this yet? i cannot send mine back :(

Are there any cell stores where you live that are Apple Certified? Most "Apple Certified Sellers" cover warranty, even if you didn't buy the phone from them. Try going into some big mall where you live and try to search for one.

Good luck.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
mine rattles and vibrates so hard sometimes i place my phone between my back and coushion of whatever im sitting on use it for back massager!
works amazing !

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Did it on my 6, but I was assuming it was the power button. It only happened out of the case and when it was held or put down a certain way. Guy at the Apple Store couldn't replicate the issue, but did replace the phone. Advised me that "if it happens again, it may just be normal."

Needless to say, it doesn't happen on my new phone and it surely wasn't normal.

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Did it on my 6, but I was assuming it was the power button. It only happened out of the case and when it was held or put down a certain way. Guy at the Apple Store couldn't replicate the issue, but did replace the phone. Advised me that "if it happens again, it may just be normal."

Needless to say, it doesn't happen on my new phone and it surely wasn't normal.

Glad to hear you got your phone replaced and now it doesn't happen anymore.

The Apple guy clearly don't know what he's talking about (maybe because he could not replicate it and hear it himself) but the noise I was getting out my phone, is nowhere near normal, and should NOT be assumed by anyone facing this problem as "ok its normal, I'll deal with it". It is clearly a fault on their side which we are not supposed to be ok with.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2