I am contemplating going without a screen protector for the first time on the iPhone 6. Do you think scratches will happen very easily on this device's screen? Sound off...
    10-06-2014 01:28 AM
    I use screen protectors regardless. The screen does get scratched easily as I had that experience with the iPhone4. I recommend a tempered glass screen protector
    10-06-2014 01:42 AM
    The only reason I use protectors is because I don't like fingerprints and after a while I end up taking them off. I've never had an iPhone screen scratched (yet). I think you should be good without one. Screens are made to be used without them.
    10-06-2014 08:58 AM
    Nobody likes screen protectors until their screen gets scratched...which can happen without you even knowing how. Then inevitably a thread pops up saying something like "I never used screen protectors but I guess I'm gonna start now".

It comes down to how ocd you are about this sort of thing. As for me, I'd rather spend $15 now and be sure my screen is protected vs getting a scratch and kicking myself in the pants later on
    10-06-2014 09:03 AM
    Tempered glass is the way to go. It feels like the regular screen and it offers drop protection.
    H_D likes this.
    10-06-2014 10:28 AM
    Since I sell my device every year, I always have a protector on to keep the screens in good shape for resale. Since the tempered glass protectors came out, I've used them and haven't looked back. I've used Zagg, Spigen and Luvitt and have liked them all. I think of the three, I like the Spigen best. They give me the glass feel along with some protection.
    10-06-2014 11:34 AM
    Tempered glass is the way to go. It feels like the regular screen and it offers drop protection.
    This^^^^ I haven't used a screen protector since my iP4 but this iP6 has a larger surface which would have a higher chance of being scratched so I installed the Zagg Glass.
    10-06-2014 11:40 AM
    I have been against screen protectors for as long as I can remember but due to amount of fingerprints I think I am going to break down and buy one.
    10-06-2014 12:32 PM
    I've never used a screen protector in the past.. (iPhone, iPhone 3G & 3GS, iPhone 4 & 4S, and now on my iPhone 6).. Somehow I've never dropped my iPhones and never have had a scratch on their screens.
    10-06-2014 12:39 PM
    I don't like the feel of screen protectors, I used to use on my 4S and 5S and got rid of them because it feels weird, now with this "curved" display I won't use one.
    10-06-2014 12:52 PM
    You should get a screen protector. Otherwise, the screen might get scratched and that will lessen the amount of enjoyment you get while using your iPhone. If you don't like the plastic ones, get a tempered glass screen protector.
    10-06-2014 01:26 PM
    No need for a screen protector unless you really put your phone through a grind.
    10-06-2014 01:26 PM
    No need for a screen protector unless you really put your phone through a grind.
    Something as simple as wiping the screen on your shirt or pants to clean the fingerprints off can scratch the screen if there happens to be a couple grains of sand or something that you may not be able to see
    10-06-2014 01:32 PM
    10-06-2014 01:34 PM
    Something as simple as wiping the screen on your shirt or pants to clean the fingerprints off can scratch the screen if there happens to be a couple grains of sand or something that you may not be able to see
    That's true. I wipe it on my jeans and shirt pretty much all the time and haven't had that happen. Just depends how careful someone is, I guess.

I just hate screen protectors because they really ruin the crispness of the screen for me.
    10-06-2014 01:35 PM
    Also, for those that it applies to. Sometimes a pair of stonewash jeans will contain very small pebbles in the front pockets. Those are used to give the stonewash look on some jeans and sometimes remnants remain in the pockets. So be careful with a new pair of jeans before you put your phone in there.
    roll-tide likes this.
    10-06-2014 01:37 PM