Verizon Glass vs Zagg Glass Screen Protectors

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
After reading in here with you guys raving about the glass protectors, I decided to give it a go.

So FWIW, after a few weeks of no SP at all, I decided to dress my teeny 5C up in the tempered glass protector offered by Verizon. IDK a if its cut differently than what they cut for the 6/6+, but I have to say I'm extremely impressed with it thus far. I just installed it this morning, lined up on the first shot - no bubbles or dust caught. What I immediately noticed is after literally sticking my fingers all over the screen many times to purposely try and leave prints...I can happily say that was a fail - which in turn is awesome !! I was using a Belkin TrueClear prior to taking that off a couple of weeks ago. I can honestly say I will never go back to a "plain" screen protector again. All glass for from now on😉😃

Also, the Verizon one does cover fully top to bottom, and seems to be beveled at the edges so it isn't a rough squared edge. I attached a couple of pics to show the detail. In the second full screen shot, those whitish marks you see along the top and a bit on the bottom are just reflection from the light in the room.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412787055.353565.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412787080.180199.jpg

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I just decided to take off my Verizon Glass SP and install the Zagg Glass. I can't believe the difference! The Verizon one just feels cheap and poorly made. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to tell a difference (and that the Zagg was a waste of money). Definitely not the case. Well worth the investment!!

After reading in here with you guys raving about the glass protectors, I decided to give it a go.

So FWIW, after a few weeks of no SP at all, I decided to dress my teeny 5C up in the tempered glass protector offered by Verizon. IDK a if its cut differently than what they cut for the 6/6+, but I have to say I'm extremely impressed with it thus far. I just installed it this morning, lined up on the first shot - no bubbles or dust caught. What I immediately noticed is after literally sticking my fingers all over the screen many times to purposely try and leave prints...I can happily say that was a fail - which in turn is awesome !! I was using a Belkin TrueClear prior to taking that off a couple of weeks ago. I can honestly say I will never go back to a "plain" screen protector again. All glass for from now on

Also, the Verizon one does cover fully top to bottom, and seems to be beveled at the edges so it isn't a rough squared edge. I attached a couple of pics to show the detail. In the second full screen shot, those whitish marks you see along the top and a bit on the bottom are just reflection from the light in the room.
View attachment 67726
View attachment 67727

Nice to see you around Pink :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

whsbuss

May 9, 2013
Visit site
So I just decided to take off my Verizon Glass SP and install the Zagg Glass. I can't believe the difference! The Verizon one just feels cheap and poorly made. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to tell a difference (and that the Zagg was a waste of money). Definitely not the case. Well worth the investment!!

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. My fear is how do you actually line up the ZAGG perfectly? With the VZ one I started with getting the speaker cutout set exactly around the phone, then lined up the side before pressing down. With the ZAGG cutout how to you know the right height placement? Is it just below the speaker or right at the edge of it?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Hey iLive, nice to see you too:)

So, really? You thought the VZW glass sp felt cheap....? I'm shocked lol. I've had it installed on my 5C since I posted about it here and I've been very happy with the feel and quality of it. Now, if your saying that it feels cheap, I can't imagine how the quality of the Zagg feels in comparison.

Perhaps next time around when this sp needs replacing I'll try out the Zagg glass !!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. My fear is how do you actually line up the ZAGG perfectly? With the VZ one I started with getting the speaker cutout set exactly around the phone, then lined up the side before pressing down. With the ZAGG cutout how to you know the right height placement? Is it just below the speaker or right at the edge of it?

Hey iLive, nice to see you too:)

So, really? You thought the VZW glass sp felt cheap....? I'm shocked lol. I've had it installed on my 5C since I posted about it here and I've been very happy with the feel and quality of it. Now, if your saying that it feels cheap, I can't imagine how the quality of the Zagg feels in comparison.

Perhaps next time around when this sp needs replacing I'll try out the Zagg glass !!

So it did take me a few shots to get this screen protector on perfectly. Luckily it comes up fairly easy after you first install it (I think it takes a few minutes for everything to setup). I lined up the bottom around the home button then it sort of feel in line with the top opening. If I think about it, I'll try to post a picture tonight (I think I did a good job installing it haha).

As far as the feel. This screen protector is much much thinner, smooth and I think it's more responsive. I honestly thought the Verizon version was great until I installed this one. I highly recommend it!! Take the plunge!!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Here are some pictures. It's a little hard to see how it's aligned because the glass casts a weird shadow onto the screen. The one of the overall phone turned out pretty good.

5c1389565ae730d32104283f6fe6e1d5.jpg

30ffe2389952d031b0e49b8ac8f12bdd.jpg

4c93c11626889915d882326001b2cd1a.jpg

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a VZW glass screen protector on my 5S and loved it. It fit perfectly and did not show fingerprints. I just purchased a Zagg glass for my 6, and I can't say I like it very much. It feels ok, but there is a weird border around the edges, as if it's not sticking there. Then there's the fact that it can't go all the way to the edge because of the curved screen. Not a great combo, but who knows if the VZW or any other glass protector doesn't have this edge effect. I think it shows more on space grey phone than on white front (silver or gold).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Here are some pictures. It's a little hard to see how it's aligned because the glass casts a weird shadow onto the screen. The one of the overall phone turned out pretty good.

The zagg must be thinner. I had a Verizon one I took off and am using a regular crystal protector now (Media Devil). Looks really good and doesn't look as obvious that it's there compared to the Verizon glass.

I have a zagg glass in the drawer -- will try that one again whenever this one needs to be replaced.

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
The best buy salesman tried 3 zagg glass protectors on my 6 before finally giving up and saying thats the best it gets..zagg wont do anything for you.it is slightly lifted around 3 or 4 sides....not liking it too much.bodyguardz worked nice on my 5s....

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The best buy salesman tried 3 zagg glass protectors on my 6 before finally giving up and saying thats the best it gets..zagg wont do anything for you.it is slightly lifted around 3 or 4 sides....not liking it too much.bodyguardz worked nice on my 5s....

I'm really liking this Media Devil screen protector. Maybe the non glass is the way to go -- haven't been able to tell any functional difference and it feels just as good. Sticks all the way around too!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
@ilive an ilife Nice case...what is it?

Saw this before and wasn't sure if you meant me.

That's a Speck CandyShell Grip in black/gray. The bottom of mine came apart and I had to return it but I'm guessing it's just a freak issue.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It cover the actual screen. Not the bezel just the screen.

That's not the whole screen then.

There's s slight gap at the bottom of the screen. All that's open at the top is the speaker - the forward facing camera is covered by glass (which I'm not crazy about). The only really great thing about the Verizon SP is that it truly is anti-fingerprint. They either don't appear or are easily wiped away.

Hm. I don't love that space at the top being open...these things are all cut so strangely this time.

I definitely agree with you. I understand that it's case friendly, but there's still too much of the screen exposed. Mine even has air bubbles in it now...after less than 3 weeks with the phone.
All of these companies knew going in there would be curves, I don't know how they didn't plan for this. They can do case friendly while still getting it into the bezel. Gah. So annoying!

I still don't understand how people somehow expect these screen protectors to "cover more of the screen" when the edges of these screens are curved. Flat doesn't stick to curved...never has, never will.

I've read these statements countless times...here as well as in many reviews for various screen protectors on sites like Amazon for example. I had this same issue with the Galaxy s3...the curved edges caused the edges of the screen protector to not stick unless the screen protector was cut small enough so that in only lays on the FLAT part of the screen.

That's just how it is folks, I don't understand what you expect these companies to do ya know?

I expect them to have the skill to work with their materials after doing this for years and other brands have curves too. I don't need or want glass protectors. Films curve. They have had these schematics. They know what they're doing. They can make it fit into the bezel enough to come up near a case edge.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Hm. I don't love that space at the top being open...these things are all cut so strangely this time.

All of these companies knew going in there would be curves, I don't know how they didn't plan for this. They can do case friendly while still getting it into the bezel. Gah. So annoying!

I expect them to have the skill to work with their materials after doing this for years and other brands have curves too. I don't need or want glass protectors. Films curve. They have had these schematics. They know what they're doing. They can make it fit into the bezel enough to come up near a case edge.

Films like a wet application original zagg will adhere to the curve to a certain extent. But, no, most "films" won't curve and adhere to the edges of the face of this phone.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the Verizon one and so far so good! I have to agree that they don't fit the round edges but as long as it doesn't come off I am fine with it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Wel for me it covers the visual part of the screen. You can call it what you want. It works for me. I don't care if I get a scratch on the "white" bezel of the screen because il never see it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73