I have a strange bug if I reboot my phone and then charge it the standby and usage show correctly if I do not reboot before charge they both show as the same time. Anyone seeing this?
    10-05-2014 06:42 PM
    Haven't noticed this but I will check tonight.
    10-05-2014 09:25 PM
    I noticed that on mine today. I'll do a reboot then charge overnight tonight and check that out. I thought I was just missing something.
    10-05-2014 10:06 PM
    It took me a while to figure out what exactly was happening first thing I thought it was using gps with a weather app in Notification Center. However changing the settings around even turning off location services did nothing. I tried rebooting then charging and it worked so I have tested it for the last week and sure enough works everytime
    10-05-2014 10:38 PM
    Noaim,

Are you by chance using Voxer on your phone?
    I am beginning to wonder if Voxer is keeping my phone awake. it never shows us at top usage, but it's in the top 5 most of the time.
    I see the same issue, if I reboot the phone and charge it, the standby and usage show the exact same time.
    It does seem to affect battery life an average of 10-20% more usage than a similar period of time when the standby and usage do not match.
    I too have tried disabling background refresh and location services and doesn't seem to affect it.

Anyone else using Voxer?
    Last edited by qisdtech; 10-23-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    10-23-2014 07:33 PM
    Noaim,

Are you by chance using Voxer on your phone?
    I am beginning to wonder if Voxer is keeping my phone awake. it never shows us at top usage, but it's in the top 5 most of the time.
    I see the same issue, if I reboot the phone and charge it, the standby and usage show the exact same time.
    It does seem to affect battery life an average of 10-20% more usage than a similar period of time when the standby and usage do not match.
    I too have tried disabling background refresh and location services and doesn't seem to affect it.

Anyone else using Voxer?
    I do use voxer interesting.. I am going to delete the app and try again.. I can't find anything else causing it and it still happens even after my update to 8.1
    10-23-2014 08:24 PM
    Please let me know how it goes. I had it for about 2 days with IOS 8.0.2, then it went away, I upgraded to the 8.1 beta, it was did this for a day and stopped for a while but seems to be back now with released 8.1.
    I just checked with a friend who has the iPhone 6 on 8.1 with Voxer and his stats are showing the exact same as well. He didn't participate in the beta program and he has very few apps installed, similar to my setup.
    I have several non-ios friends who use Voxer, so hopefully if it's the cause, they'll fix it in a future update.
    10-23-2014 09:00 PM
    Voxer is not the problem.. I have a tool for looking at processes there is about 25 processes that stay running all the time. I don't know if that means anything but this is frustrating. Uninstalled voxer and had the same effect
    10-24-2014 05:34 PM
    Yes I agree. I took Voxer off on friday and I still have the usage/standby times the same. I haven't found anything specific yet but it seems that if the phone is powered-down and restarted the counters read correctly, then once I charge it at night, the next morning the usage/standby remain the same until the phone gets restarted again.
    10-25-2014 12:53 PM
    Yes I agree. I took Voxer off on friday and I still have the usage/standby times the same. I haven't found anything specific yet but it seems that if the phone is powered-down and restarted the counters read correctly, then once I charge it at night, the next morning the usage/standby remain the same until the phone gets restarted again.
    after much testing I may have finally figured it out.. at least on my phone.

I turned location services for Facebook off and also turned off Facebook background refresh and the problem seems to be solved. I will check it the next few days just to make sure.
    10-26-2014 08:13 PM
    That for the update Noaim,

I couldn't find any rhyme or reason to my battery drain, so I did a full reset as a new iPhone and reloaded my apps and so far (5 hours) things look normal. I also was having a glitch yesterday with the wrong ringtone playing for a contact, so that gave me motivation to do the full reset.
    So far so good. Thanks again for your tips.
    Last edited by qisdtech; 10-26-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-26-2014 09:19 PM
    Did it solve the problem? I don't really want to do a reset but I might
    10-27-2014 09:58 PM
    Yes, so far the standby and usage times seem to be reading correctly and are not the same times as before. I took the phone off the charger at 5 Am today, used it with my motorola bluetooth headset all day and it has 59% battery left as of 9 PM. Not too shabby. Now if I could find a case I like..lol. I bought an otterbox commuter today at best buy, but it's going back because the case is too loose. Definitely missed the mark. So I am back to my Incipio Dualpro. It's not bad, but leaves the ports uncovered.
    10-28-2014 10:02 PM
    I reset everything on my phone and it's still not fixed
    10-29-2014 07:56 AM
    Did you do the full reset with iTunes where it downloads a fresh copy of 8.1 and installs it on the phone?
    Sorry to hear your problem still persists.
    10-30-2014 09:34 PM
    Did you do the full reset with iTunes where it downloads a fresh copy of 8.1 and installs it on the phone?
    Sorry to hear your problem still persists.
    I did not do that do I just hit restore?
    10-30-2014 10:14 PM
    Went to apple store genius appointment the actual problem effects the 6 and 6 plus. The diagnostics chip for reporting is new to these models and there is a bug that keeps it running and is being addressed in the new patch
    11-02-2014 04:19 PM
    Went to apple store genius appointment the actual problem effects the 6 and 6 plus. The diagnostics chip for reporting is new to these models and there is a bug that keeps it running and is being addressed in the new patch
    I am not saying that this information is not correct, but why are only a few devices affected if it’s a new chip and a software bug? Wouldn’t the issue be more common/widespread if that was truly the cause?

I’d suspect a rogue app.
    11-02-2014 04:25 PM
    It's more common then you think just my Apple Store alone has had many and not everyone comes on forums as a matter a fact I more has hardly any visitors when compared to the total number sold. I guess I just have no reason to not believe it because the guy was able to describe the problem before I even finished telling him
    avital likes this.
    11-02-2014 04:27 PM
    When I reboot my phone it fixes it for one charge he new that!
    11-02-2014 04:28 PM
    It's more common then you think just my Apple Store alone has had many and not everyone comes on forums as a matter a fact I more has hardly any visitors when compared to the total number sold. I guess I just have no reason to not believe it because the guy was able to describe the problem before I even finished telling him
    Again, not to belabor the point, but there are plenty of us here with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus who have not experienced this issue a single time. That’s all I’m saying.
    11-02-2014 04:42 PM
    Eh I restored it to new and installed nothing and it still did it.. If the patch doesn't fix it I'll get a new one. Also just because there is a software bug doesn't mean it effects every phone either think what you want I'm just passing the information..
    11-02-2014 04:45 PM
    What I've noticed is the bug is gone after a reset and setup as new as long as you don't power down the phone and restart it. Then it seems to return. Just my 2 cents. It seems to be more than just a glitch in the counter as the battery drain is about 1-2% more per hour than normal.
    11-02-2014 06:03 PM
    It was explained as a glitch with the new chip the iPhone 6 and 6 plus both have a new diagnostics chip that previous devices don't have. It's supposed to be fixed in the next patch and they also asked if a engineer can contact me and I agreed so I may have more information soon

Also It is confirmed that it's the chip that stays running because of a glitch in the os. Which also is known to decrease battery life it's not just a glitch in the counter
    Last edited by noaim; 11-02-2014 at 06:07 PM. Reason: update
    11-02-2014 06:06 PM
    Just wanted to give an update. The 8.1.1 did indeed fix my problem thanks for the comments
    11-18-2014 10:23 PM
33 12