Should I get Zagg protector for my phone?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Zagg protector

Unless the HDX actually covers the whole screen to the edges of your case, neither. The glass doesn't cover the entire screen, it doesn't even cover the entire active area and I am returning it unused. I find it unacceptable that they put these out without having them designed properly.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

this scares me, is this the 6 or 6 plus? I read that the 6 plus is slightly curved at the edges and one brand claims to have glass that fits w/curve perfectly (can't remember the name).

It's the 6. First time I've ever been disappointed with a Zagg SP. I'm gonna wait and see if they make one with more coverage. If so, I replace it. It also causes problems when I attempt to swipe left or right as it stops at the edge of the active screen.

benji888578

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

hmmm, waiting, not ordering the Zagg, here and on Amazon reviews, bubbles on edges and not covering edges of screen properly. It's too bad, zagg's always been good in past.

Some people don't use screen protector or case, swear by it, but, I'm afraid I'll scratch that screen, then it'll bug me every time I use it.

• I found the one that claims to fit the curved edges properly...anyone have this one? It gets better reviews on Amz.

ScreenMate from iloome

iloome readies “the world’s first” curved tempered glass screen protector for iPhone 6/6 Plus | 9to5Toys

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2361898#customerReviews

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

I picked up the Zagg glass protector today. Like it, but I think I want something that covers the whole screen.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I picked up the Zagg glass protector today. Like it, but I think I want something that covers the whole screen.

I think everyone does. Whomever can come up with a glass one that goes edge to edge is gonna make a bundle of money.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

hmmm, waiting, not ordering the Zagg, here and on Amazon reviews, bubbles on edges and not covering edges of screen properly. It's too bad, zagg's always been good in past.

Some people don't use screen protector or case, swear by it, but, I'm afraid I'll scratch that screen, then it'll bug me every time I use it.

? I found the one that claims to fit the curved edges properly...anyone have this one? It gets better reviews on Amz.

ScreenMate from iloome

iloome readies ?the world?s first? curved tempered glass screen protector for iPhone 6/6 Plus | 9to5Toys

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2362061#customerReviews

Just took a flyer on this on Amazon. I'll report back when I get it!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Ordered this one myself: iloome Apple iPhone 6 4.7in (Arctic White) ScreenMate Real Tempered Glass 9H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with CurveProtectTM Technology, Rounded

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

• I found the one that claims to fit the curved edges properly...anyone have this one? It gets better reviews on Amz.

ScreenMate from iloome

iloome readies “the world’s first” curved tempered glass screen protector for iPhone 6/6 Plus | 9to5Toys

Amazon.com: iloome Apple iPhone 6 4.7in (Onyx Black) ScreenMate Real Tempered Glass 9H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with CurveProtectTM Technology, Rounded Edges and Oleophobic Coating: Cell Phones & Accessories

Ordered this one myself: iloome Apple iPhone 6 4.7in (Arctic White) ScreenMate Real Tempered Glass 9H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with CurveProtectTM Technology, Rounded
They lost me with that colored band around the edge.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it didn't say that in the preorder description or anything about it not being compatible with most cases. iLoome representative recommends that screen protector for people that have their phone "naked". Unfortunately mine has already shipped, will be sending it back immediately and have already order Zagg Glass as a replacement.

benji888578

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

pease let us know how you like when you get it!
Yeah, but, in looking around their website, looks like either the clear is out of stock or not yet ready, or the main reason for discounted price (until Oct. 31). I'd prefer a clear one myself.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

pease let us know how you like when you get it!

If it won't work with my case, it will have to go back... But will update and take photos. I only got it as it covered the screen and figured my case will hide the "colored band"

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

If it won't work with my case, it will have to go back... But will update and take photos. I only got it as it covered the screen and figured my case will hide the "colored band"

None of the glass screen protectors so far will allow the use of a case. That sucks, but it's a fact. Some CS rep from iLoome was on the MacRumours message boards & flat out finally came out and said theirs was NOT case friendly. To me, using a case is much more important than freaking out over a gap between the SP edges and the edge of the screen.

I'm sure some company will figure this deal out soon, but until then I'll stick with the ZAGG product. At least if it screws up they'll replace e it free for a lifetime.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

None of the glass screen protectors so far will allow the use of a case. That sucks, but it's a fact. Some CS rep from iLoome was on the MacRumours message boards & flat out finally came out and said theirs was NOT case friendly. To me, using a case is much more important than freaking out over a gap between the SP edges and the edge of the screen.

Based on this I canceled my order from iLoome

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I never noticed with the Zagg glass on my white iP6, but now I have the space grey model. There is pretty much an air gap around the entire edge of the screen protector that's collecting dust an lint. Is this the same on all of the dark colored phones or is mine just a bad application?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods