Should I get Zagg protector for my phone?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Zagg protector

Absolutely. This is my third phone that I've bought Zagg Glass for (iPhone 5S, Galaxy S5, and now iPhone 6) and it is the best screen protector on the market by leaps and bounds. It costs a tad more than the competition, but you get what you pay for.

benji888578

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Absolutely. This is my third phone that I've bought Zagg Glass for (iPhone 5S, Galaxy S5, and now iPhone 6) and it is the best screen protector on the market by leaps and bounds. It costs a tad more than the competition, but you get what you pay for.

what about breakage? any of your zagg glass protectors break? ...and do you add case or no case?

I've been a fan of Zagg invisible shields for years, use full body, no case (but, I didn't have a 4 or 4s), but, tried a 9H olephobic tempered glass screen protector on my iPhone 5 (it was on sale, or groupon or something for like $9), I love it, no scratches, cleans easier than my HD invisible shield, but, scared it'll crack if dropped, so using a thin case most of the time (after seeing a friend of a friend's glass protector cracked). I'll be getting iPhone 6 soon and don't want to go back to non-glass screen protector.

(new to this forum, this is supposed to be in reply to JakePleasants)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I really want one too, but going to wait the 2-4 weeks until the release one that goes edge to edge. I know I won't be happy with the gap in size.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

what about breakage? any of your zagg glass protectors break? ...and do you add case or no case?

I've been a fan of Zagg invisible shields for years, use full body, no case (but, I didn't have a 4 or 4s), but, tried a 9H olephobic tempered glass screen protector on my iPhone 5 (it was on sale, or groupon or something for like $9), I love it, no scratches, cleans easier than my HD invisible shield, but, scared it'll crack if dropped, so using a thin case most of the time (after seeing a friend of a friend's glass protector cracked). I'll be getting iPhone 6 soon and don't want to go back to non-glass screen protector.

(new to this forum, this is supposed to be in reply to JakePleasants)

None of mine have ever broken, but I've also never dropped them. My first iPhone 6 protector had a hairline crack in it, so I exchanged it, but that was likely from the package getting stepped on or mishandled. If they do break, though, you have a lifetime warranty and Zagg will replace them free of charge, you just pay a few dollars for shipping. That being said, you want it to break in the event of a fall. Why? Because if the screen protector shatters, it's far more likely that it saved your actual screen by absorbing the impact.

I do use a case for it, the slimmest one I've ever seen, which happens to be Apple's leather case (in Midnight Blue). I also ordered one of Apple's silicone cases (also in blue) for when I go out. The leather looks beautiful and feels exquisite, so I will use that whenever I'm at home, but since I can't scrub it down with an alcohol swab (I'm a huge germophobe) after an outing, I need the silicone version to take out with me. Speaking solely in terms of screen protection, though, I'd feel absolutely comfortable using it without a case. I think the Zagg Glass will do its job well and I don't feel like I need the raised edges of a case to further protect it. So why do I use a case? Because I'm very anal about my phone and I would die if it got scratched, so I need the leather case and Apple Care (just in case it somehow gets scratched I can pay $79 and get a new one) for my peace of mind.

P.S. Welcome to iMore! :beer:

benji888578

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I really want one too, but going to wait the 2-4 weeks until the release one that goes edge to edge. I know I won't be happy with the gap in size.
Yeah, I think I might wait for this too, because, I probably will do without a case and would prefer the screen be completely covered.
None of mine have ever broken, but I've also never dropped them. My first iPhone 6 protector had a hairline crack in it, so I exchanged it, but that was likely from the package getting stepped on or mishandled. If they do break, though, you have a lifetime warranty and Zagg will replace them free of charge, you just pay a few dollars for shipping. That being said, you want it to break in the event of a fall. Why? Because if the screen protector shatters, it's far more likely that it saved your actual screen by absorbing the impact.
Nice to know, and, since I have glass protector on my 5, it will be hard to go back to something else. I think I will wait and see if they get one that is not case friendly as, while it would really bug me to get any kind of scratch on the glass, the back isn't a big deal. However, I'm used to having zagg invisible shield on the back, which adds grip, so, I wish they would offer the glass w/invisible shield (the thinnest) for the back, but, we shall see. I may use a very thin case if it feels like it might be easier to drop than the 5. I hope to get a 64GB iPhone 6 (4.7") sometime this month (they are pretty scarce right now).

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Did they say they would release an edge to edge one?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I prefer the glass for sure, but if you drop your phone a lot (like my daughter), the HDX is probably better bc it won't crack like the glass protector.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm starting to see small air bubbles around the edge of my Zagg glass. Good thing the face is white or it would look horrible.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Neither. I never used a screen protector on my 3gs, 4, 5, 5s, or 6 and have never had any scratches or damage to the screen. As long as you are not putting it in a pocket with keys or change, you are fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

benji888578

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Been using it on my 6, works very well.

nice to hear!
Did they say they would release an edge to edge one?
actually, no, and in looking over their sight more, they have only 1 for each device, not "case friendly" and another "full screen" size.
I'm starting to see small air bubbles around the edge of my Zagg glass. Good thing the face is white or it would look horrible.
this scares me, is this the 6 or 6 plus? I read that the 6 plus is slightly curved at the edges and one brand claims to have glass that fits w/curve perfectly (can't remember the name).
Neither. I never used a screen protector on my 3gs, 4, 5, 5s, or 6 and have never had any scratches or damage to the screen. As long as you are not putting it in a pocket with keys or change, you are fine.

that won't work, goes in pocket with whatever else is in there, I would likely scratch it in first week and it would irritate the f out of me.
Yes, on Amazon they said the released before the actual measurements and need a few weeks to get it custom to fit exactly. I think it's worth the wait.
Amazon? ok, if you say so.

So, after reading more responses, I was about to order it, then decided to wait, then about to order it, then wait, then order, then wait, order, wait, order, wait ahhhh! :eek:

I actually put it in the cart on their website, (to see if it had free shipping), then took it out. Later I got an email for 10% off. Hard to pass up. And if it bubbles, won't that be covered under lifetime warranty (wouldn't they replace with one that fits properly)?

So, I'm still undecided. :raised-eyebrow:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

TechArmor Glass btw: (Not Zagg) My oops: Additional Note: Since we did not have pre-release specifications, we have a U-shaped cutout at the top (for speaker and camera) to ensure your iPhone 6/6 Plus has the protection it deserves at time of launch. Now that we have the physical phone, we have changed the U-shaped cutout to be more precise but it will take a few weeks before this version is shipping.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner