So I sold my iPad because I wasn't really using it. I have a MacBook Air and an iPhone 5. Currently the only thing I do that the iPhone 5 I not really meant to do is read my books in the kindle app. Now it works fine and o can increase the font size to a comfortable size and everything is perfect. I wanted an iPhone 6+ so that I can read even more comfortably. That said I also use my phone one handed a lot while at work, I use it run, and having a big unwieldy phone is not ideal.

Here is the question:

How comfortable is it to read on the iPhone 6?

If it is, then I think the 6 not the 6+ would cover most of my needs better.
    10-04-2014 10:04 AM
    So I sold my iPad because I wasn't really using it. I have a MacBook Air and an iPhone 5. Currently the only thing I do that the iPhone 5 I not really meant to do is read my books in the kindle app. Now it works fine and o can increase the font size to a comfortable size and everything is perfect. I wanted an iPhone 6+ so that I can read even more comfortably. That said I also use my phone one handed a lot while at work, I use it run, and having a big unwieldy phone is not ideal.

Here is the question:

How comfortable is it to read on the iPhone 6?

If it is, then I think the 6 not the 6+ would cover most of my needs better.
    I love my iPhone 6 to bits but I would not find that it would be comfortable to read a book. The iPhone 6 Plus I think would be a better size, but then you have to see if the size of a device works for you as a daily driver.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    10-04-2014 10:07 AM
    I love my iPhone 6 to bits but I would not find that it would be comfortable to read a book. The iPhone 6 Plus I think would be a better size, but then you have to see if the size of a device works for you as a daily driver.
    Yeh I might have to get the 6 and a Kindle. Because I truly feel that the 6+ is too big for me. At least the way I use my phone now.
    10-04-2014 10:08 AM
    I did 5 => 6 and the Kindle reading is a little better.

Working with an associate who has 6+ reminds me why I chose the 6 because my lifestyle is much more active than his.

Neither new iPhone would replace my Kindle Paper White.
    10-04-2014 10:15 AM
    For me, even with older eyes it's fine if in the KINDLE app I keep the font clear and larger and just have to change pages more often.
    10-04-2014 08:26 PM
    I read almost daily on mine and I also have the iPad mini... I find my kindle is sitting in the shelf
    10-05-2014 11:29 AM
    Thanks for your reply guys. In my neck of woods (Mexico) the phones are coming on November 2nd, so I guess I will have to hold them both in my hands to make the final decision.
    10-07-2014 10:35 AM
    I love my iPhone 6, but I could not use it to read a book unless under duress (stuck at an airport or a PTA meeting). I would think iPhone 6 plus would be good. Kind of like a small soft bound book. I personally can't go below 8" and enjoy my reading experience. I have a 8" Toshiba Windows tablet and that is the perfect size. My bother loves to us his IPod touch.

A.B.
    10-07-2014 10:48 AM
    I am sticking to my good ol' paperbacks - I prefer the smell of paper while reading... keeps me engaged.
    10-07-2014 10:58 AM