At what brightness level do you have your IP6?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I manually adjust based on the environment but generally keep it low. I used to keep it on max brightness for years. Best thing Apple did was add the slider to control center.

Last edited:

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Like finn5975, I adjust mine based on the current needs, but I do have Auto-Brightness turned on.

That said, I find that sometimes with the Griffin Survivor case on, I have to crank the brightness higher than I would have to if it weren't for the additional glare/haziness its screen protector causes. Even with Zagg GLASS installed though, I still don't trust the phone without that extra layer...

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Auto brightness here for the first time ever. I tend to keep it at a certain level and then adjust it accordingly depending on my ambient lighting. I have read auto brightness can drain the battery a bit, but I don't think I have to even worry about that with the iPhone 6.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
And to clarify, I use auto brightness because I am too lazy to change it myself :)

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I use auto-brightness. Usually around 20% brightness as default and let it do its thing. I'll sometimes manually adjust but very rarely.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't yet have the 6, but I'm guessing I wouldn't change how I set my brightness. Usually about 33% inside. Maybe 70% outside. Auto never really worked for me. I found it annoying.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Been using mine at 100% on my 6 so far the last two weeks. Ill probably switch it to about 50% soon though, but it has been nice being at 100% though.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I keep mine on auto unless I'm on my phone in bed in the dark. Then it's the absolute lowest it can go.

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought, back a few iOS versions ago, that auto brightness used MORE power than not using it. Something about the sensor working all the time and adjusting used up power. No?