At what brightness level do you have your IP6?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought, back a few iOS versions ago, that auto brightness used MORE power than not using it. Something about the sensor working all the time and adjusting used up power. No?

I never thought about it from a battery standpoint. I just don't want to have to adjust my brightness all the time. It's on auto and I don't have to think about it most of the time.

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I never thought about it from a battery standpoint. I just don't want to have to adjust my brightness all the time. It's on auto and I don't have to think about it most of the time.

Unless I'm in a very dark room or bright sunlight, I'm good at keeping my brightness around 50%. But even the usage screen says I can improve battery life by enabling auto brightness. Confused!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm in a very dark room or bright sunlight, I'm good at keeping my brightness around 50%. But even the usage screen says I can improve battery life by enabling auto brightness. Confused!

In not really sure to be honest. Try it for a few days see how it goes.

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I'm going to set it up as a new phone (PITA) and see how that does. Thanks.

Ok, last night I restored as a new phone and got just about every app back on.

Today I wasn't using my phone for most of the day, but when I came home, I watched some video and answered some messages. Here's what I got:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412572555.569199.jpg

Thoughts?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, last night I restored as a new phone and got just about every app back on.

Today I wasn't using my phone for most of the day, but when I came home, I watched some video and answered some messages. Here's what I got:

View attachment 67439

Thoughts?

That's pretty average. I wouldn't say it's great or bad either. Do you choose your assist in the back ground? What's your brightness set as?

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Brightness around 50%. On,this day, auto brightness was on tho I usually have it off.

Assist?

I noticed you use Hangouts. People are reporting pretty good battery drain from it on iPhone 6 and 6+. Maybe keep an eye on that. Hopefully Google pushes an update soon.