Apple leather iphone 6 case

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
In think I'll grab it next week.

The one thing about this year's leather cases that I love and I think that others have expressed discontent with is the open bottom. I connect my iPhones to different headphones and speaker sets all the time and some of the jacks aren't exactly small. With the bottom being open, this is never an issue. I love that design choice.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I went with the black version again for my 6. A few buddies commented on the $45 price tag but I view it this way.
Beyond the way I think it looks and feels (love both), i also consider that it was the only case I used on my 5S. It may very well be the only case I use on my 6. I used to buy a case a month to either change it up or to continue to seek that perfect style. So honestly, $45 in my world is a steal and in essence saving me $$.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The one thing about this year's leather cases that I love and I think that others have expressed discontent with is the open bottom. I connect my iPhones to different headphones and speaker sets all the time and some of the jacks aren't exactly small. With the bottom being open, this is never an issue. I love that design choice.

Protection is my fear. My IT director seat means I see or help restore the phone disasters of those I report to and a sizable group of managers. Now it's years of seeing cases with covered bottoms protecting phones when the open style do not, and even fat lightning cable ends like Amazon's fit most cases. That, the way first gen Apple leather showed dirt, and price keep me on the fence with these cases.

For last generation phone I provisioned some with Belkin Grip or suggested their owners get that or similar and that group didn't have broken phones like those who got more open cases. Nothing helped my users who did swimming with phone, toilet drops or a session in washing machine he he.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I went with the black version again for my 6. A few buddies commented on the $45 price tag but I view it this way.
Beyond the way I think it looks and feels (love both), i also consider that it was the only case I used on my 5S. It may very well be the only case I use on my 6. I used to buy a case a month to either change it up or to continue to seek that perfect style. So honestly, $45 in my world is a steal and in essence saving me $$.

Really $45 isn't that bad. I paid close to that for my Otterbox. I'm hard on my phones and am always outside so I go with the Otterbox on all my phones. I may get the black Apple one for nights I go out. It would look really nice.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Really $45 isn't that bad. I paid close to that for my Otterbox. I'm hard on my phones and am always outside so I go with the Otterbox on all my phones. I may get the black Apple one for nights I go out. It would look really nice.

I think it would be a great choice for times like that. It is eye catching and sleek, but at the expense of offering much protection. You'd have a great balance between the Otterbox and Apple Leather :)

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
$45 is nothing when you think about the cost of these phones. I love my Apple leather case, I went without a case for my iPhone 5 but I find this iPhone 6 to be more slippery and wanted a case for it.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If you go in to buy the leather, check out the silicone too. I intended to get the leather, but the sales guy had silicone and it really felt good - I thought it would be a plasticky shell thing. It feels like a smooth but hard suede or something. Then I compared with a leather, and I thought it felt better than the leather - so I got it.

YMMV but check it out just in case. It might wear better too.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If you go in to buy the leather, check out the silicone too. I intended to get the leather, but the sales guy had silicone and it really felt good - I thought it would be a plasticky shell thing. It feels like a smooth but hard suede or something. Then I compared with a leather, and I thought it felt better than the leather - so I got it.

YMMV but check it out just in case. It might wear better too.

Is it stiff or does it have a bit of give to it? I never liked silicone cases because they would always lose their shape after a while.

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I went on big ebay and paid $17 for mine, of course it doesn't have the apple logo imprinted on the back but other than that it is exactly the same as the apple one. This is being shipped from china which is probably where apple gets theirs from also.
57.JPG

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I went on big ebay and paid $17 for mine, of course it doesn't have the apple logo imprinted on the back but other than that it is exactly the same as the apple one. This is being shipped from china which is probably where apple gets theirs from also.
View attachment 67408

They look nice. How long does shipping take

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Phreddyl, the site says 2-3 weeks so it's just a matter of if you want to wait or not. I ordered on the 1st and it shipped on the 3rd so hopefully it gets here in less than two weeks. I'll report once it arrives.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods