The one thing about this year's leather cases that I love and I think that others have expressed discontent with is the open bottom. I connect my iPhones to different headphones and speaker sets all the time and some of the jacks aren't exactly small. With the bottom being open, this is never an issue. I love that design choice.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
    Protection is my fear. My IT director seat means I see or help restore the phone disasters of those I report to and a sizable group of managers. Now it's years of seeing cases with covered bottoms protecting phones when the open style do not, and even fat lightning cable ends like Amazon's fit most cases. That, the way first gen Apple leather showed dirt, and price keep me on the fence with these cases.

For last generation phone I provisioned some with Belkin Grip or suggested their owners get that or similar and that group didn't have broken phones like those who got more open cases. Nothing helped my users who did swimming with phone, toilet drops or a session in washing machine he he.
    10-05-2014 08:59 AM
    I went with the black version again for my 6. A few buddies commented on the $45 price tag but I view it this way.
    Beyond the way I think it looks and feels (love both), i also consider that it was the only case I used on my 5S. It may very well be the only case I use on my 6. I used to buy a case a month to either change it up or to continue to seek that perfect style. So honestly, $45 in my world is a steal and in essence saving me $$.
    Really $45 isn't that bad. I paid close to that for my Otterbox. I'm hard on my phones and am always outside so I go with the Otterbox on all my phones. I may get the black Apple one for nights I go out. It would look really nice.
    10-05-2014 09:01 AM
    Really $45 isn't that bad. I paid close to that for my Otterbox. I'm hard on my phones and am always outside so I go with the Otterbox on all my phones. I may get the black Apple one for nights I go out. It would look really nice.
    I think it would be a great choice for times like that. It is eye catching and sleek, but at the expense of offering much protection. You'd have a great balance between the Otterbox and Apple Leather
    E_Brown likes this.
    10-05-2014 09:09 AM
    $45 is nothing when you think about the cost of these phones. I love my Apple leather case, I went without a case for my iPhone 5 but I find this iPhone 6 to be more slippery and wanted a case for it.
    10-05-2014 10:27 AM
    If you go in to buy the leather, check out the silicone too. I intended to get the leather, but the sales guy had silicone and it really felt good - I thought it would be a plasticky shell thing. It feels like a smooth but hard suede or something. Then I compared with a leather, and I thought it felt better than the leather - so I got it.

YMMV but check it out just in case. It might wear better too.
    10-05-2014 11:30 AM
    If you go in to buy the leather, check out the silicone too. I intended to get the leather, but the sales guy had silicone and it really felt good - I thought it would be a plasticky shell thing. It feels like a smooth but hard suede or something. Then I compared with a leather, and I thought it felt better than the leather - so I got it.

YMMV but check it out just in case. It might wear better too.
    Is it stiff or does it have a bit of give to it? I never liked silicone cases because they would always lose their shape after a while.

10-05-2014 12:01 PM
    I think it holds it shape because it has a plastic inner liner, like the 5C one
    10-05-2014 12:53 PM
    I wonder if the red silicone one will get dirty at all.

10-05-2014 01:17 PM
    the case looks really nice and I do like the one for the 5s but I dont love that the bottom is open.
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    10-05-2014 05:58 PM
    I wonder if the red silicone one will get dirty at all.

I wouldn't think so. I think it's the qualities of the leather that are to blame.
    10-05-2014 06:34 PM
    I went on big ebay and paid $17 for mine, of course it doesn't have the apple logo imprinted on the back but other than that it is exactly the same as the apple one. This is being shipped from china which is probably where apple gets theirs from also.
    Apple leather iphone 6 case-57.jpg
    10-05-2014 07:40 PM
    I went on big ebay and paid $17 for mine, of course it doesn't have the apple logo imprinted on the back but other than that it is exactly the same as the apple one. This is being shipped from china which is probably where apple gets theirs from also.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	67408
    They look nice. How long does shipping take

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-05-2014 07:46 PM
    Got the blue one... Love it.
    10-05-2014 08:04 PM
    Is it stiff or does it have a bit of give to it? I never liked silicone cases because they would always lose their shape after a while.

It is stiff - seemed about the same as the leather from what I could tell.
    10-05-2014 08:12 PM
    Phreddyl, the site says 2-3 weeks so it's just a matter of if you want to wait or not. I ordered on the 1st and it shipped on the 3rd so hopefully it gets here in less than two weeks. I'll report once it arrives.
    10-05-2014 08:56 PM
    I have the blue silicone case. It's been on for about a week and I see no discoloration at all. It's gorgeous against the black. I like the stiffer design compared to other silicone cases and the suede lining is a nice touch.
    10-05-2014 11:35 PM
    I went with the black version again for my 6. A few buddies commented on the $45 price tag but I view it this way.
    Beyond the way I think it looks and feels (love both), i also consider that it was the only case I used on my 5S. It may very well be the only case I use on my 6. I used to buy a case a month to either change it up or to continue to seek that perfect style. So honestly, $45 in my world is a steal and in essence saving me $$.
    Good point. I agree with this 100%. I haven't bought other cases add of yet! Let's see what happens
    10-05-2014 11:40 PM
    I have the black one on my 5S and I love it. It has been the best case I have ever had on my 5S.

Yep. I probably bought 50 cases for my 5 & 5s's looking for the "perfect" one...until I found the Apple leather case. I had the black one on my 5s for almost a year...which is a record for me! When I saw they were being made for the new phones, there was no question as to what I was using.
    10-08-2014 09:07 AM
    I was a big "Kavaj" brand fan but I tried the Apple Leather cases and loved it...

I have been using the iPhones naked right now but have the leather case in case I decide to go back.
    10-08-2014 09:41 AM
    How does everyone deal with the dust that gathers up at the top of the phone with the leather case
    10-08-2014 02:38 PM
    Two questions --
    1. For those of you with the space grey 6 or 6Plus, which color did you get?
    2. Has anyone run with their leather case? Does sweat ruin the leather? I run a lot so want to make sure if it gets some sweat on there from being on me during a run, it won't ruin the case.

Thanks!
    10-09-2014 12:04 AM
    Space grey 6 here I got the black leather
    10-09-2014 12:41 AM
    i was looking into this case but i may just make the jump now
    10-09-2014 01:12 AM
    Nice thin, sexy looking case. Had one on my 5 & 5s, with no issues so I was an early adopter for the iP6 model too.

I had an issue with the leather separating from the case shell, causing what looked like "blisters" on the outside, but Apple sent a replacement and it's been perfect since. The leather is a bit slippery out of the box, but grows softer and more "grippy" with use.
    10-09-2014 06:21 AM
    The leather case is definitely nice and high quality feeling. I rarely if ever use cases but got one for those rare times I want a case for a bit of extra protection.

Got it yesterday. Tried it on phone. Felt good. Took it off because it still bugs me for daily use. Prevents smooth side swipe gesturing which I use a lot.

It's there for when I will need it but it won't be on for day-to-day use.
    Exactly. This. I returned my silicone one (and didn't pick up the leather one) because the inability to swipe smoothly is annoying. It makes the usable area on the screen (feel like) it shrunk.
    10-09-2014 06:16 PM
88 1234