iPhone 6 Rattle

geetk

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
When I tap on the back of my iphone 6 near the camera region i can hear a distinctive rattling noise. Similar to the noise from the lose power button on the 5 and 5s

Seems like something is loose in that area. The buttons feel solid, so it could be something in the camera assembly.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Is it normal?

Called apple tech support and they suggested to get it checked out at the store. Will be dropping by later tonight.

iPhone 6 Space Grey 64GB

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore geetk

Your doing the right thing and getting it checked out. We would be interested in knowing the outcome of your visit to solve your rattle issue

Again Welcome and Post Often

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It's the camera. Due to the autofocus, there are moving parts inside. Not just the 6; it happened on my 5 and 5S, too. Had it checked out a couple of times, even had phone swapped because it makes a heck of a racket when vibrating on my desk at work. some are worse than others. My wife's 5S hardly makes a sound.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have had some rattle, but when I push on the flash, the noise gets cut down dramatically, then the camera also cuts the vibration to nothing. Oh well.

PinteX

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone have the same "problem". I tried in 3 new iPhones 6 and they all make the rattle near the camera.

If I have the iPhone in my desk and I move it to my ear, I can notice the rattle.

When I shake the phone, in silence, the rattle noise is also noticeable.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a plastics flap inside by the sim card tray that is loose and I makes it sound as if the camera module is making noise. I've tested this out in two iPhone 6 devices. And I know that it is because I have taken apart one of the iPhone's to see what it was.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414224011.159182.jpg

Trenten Kelley

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my iPhone 6 - Space Grey - 64GB. Its a loose sounding noise in the camera area, verizon said it should not do that and to go to apple. Apple via the phone said it should not do that either so i have an appointment at the apple store tonight to get it checked out.

Jyani

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I am having the same problem. Brand new phone not dropped or anything. Rattling while shaking and while tapping the top half of back region of iPhone 6.

I have used all iPhones and this is not normal. Autofocus should make this noise as its digital autofocus not optical, so no moving parts here.
ITS NOT NORMAL

Jyani

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I am having the same problem. Brand new phone not dropped or anything. Rattling while shaking and while tapping the top half of back region of iPhone 6.

I have used all iPhones and this is not normal. Autofocus should make this noise as its digital autofocus not optical, so no moving parts here.
ITS NOT NORMAL
Please post the outcome, thanks!

dqhario

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
When I tap on the back of my iphone 6 near the camera region i can hear a distinctive rattling noise. Similar to the noise from the lose power button on the 5 and 5s

Seems like something is loose in that area. The buttons feel solid, so it could be something in the camera assembly.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Is it normal?

Called apple tech support and they suggested to get it checked out at the store. Will be dropping by later tonight.

iPhone 6 Space Grey 64GB

Hi! We have same problem. I think that rattling noises came from mute button. If you turn that button into mute mode that rattling noises will gone. Try it :)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine has had rattle since day one, and there hasn't been any problems for me with the camera or anything else. I won't take mine in, mostly because it hasn't been an issue and no one else has reported any problems if theirs has rattle. I just assume it is normal, or like someone above said, the loose plastic tabs around the SIM tray that rattle.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Considering how many 5s had that rattle, if that's the only issue with the device, I really wouldn't stress it myself. My 5s rattles but it's in perfect working condition with zero bugs or hardware defects. Just keep that in mind as you consider getting a replacement. Is it worth it to risk getting a device with the rattle AND something else defective? Just weigh your options.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2