I had an iPhone 3, then went android for the screen size. After apple went to larger screens and I went to Verizon and played with one, I ordered one for my wife and one for myself today. My question is how do I back up my data via google services, then access it and import it to our new iPhone?
    10-02-2014 08:33 PM
    What is your data? Music and pictures?

Google has their Google Drive app on iOS and Google Play music. You also have Dropbox along with Box on iOS too
    10-02-2014 08:39 PM
    Good luck with your new phone! You can download pretty much all Google apps from the App Store and you'll have a hassle free migration.

If you want to know anything more specific, please tell us.

Cheers
    10-02-2014 08:44 PM
    You can use your Google apps but what exact data? Like contacts?
    10-02-2014 09:33 PM
    Its a pretty easy transition just go to settings, mail contacts calendars, add accounts and pick Google. If you use two-step verification its a little more complicated. As mentioned above for other apps.
    Go Cards likes this.
    10-02-2014 10:06 PM
    Its a pretty easy transition just go to settings, mail contacts calendars, add accounts and pick Google. If you use two-step verification its a little more complicated. As mentioned above for other apps.
    If you have a two step verification, you can get a specific password to log in at that time, as far as I remember.
    10-02-2014 10:53 PM
    I had an iPhone 3, then went android for the screen size. After apple went to larger screens and I went to Verizon and played with one, I ordered one for my wife and one for myself today. My question is how do I back up my data via google services, then access it and import it to our new iPhone?
    Once you've set up an apple account, you can go to iCloud.com and import your contacts from your gmail account (you can do so by exporting them from the desktop version of gmail. Where it says mail click the drop down arrow, select contacts and you'll see an option to export the vCard) once you do that your contacts will be set up in iCloud, for pictures I will suggest Dropbox. But if you have a ton of pictures, then just plug your android into the computer, navigate the system files, and pull the DCIM folder.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any ways to transfer SMS from android to iPhone.

Hope this helps! Good luck and enjoy your new phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Cards likes this.
    10-03-2014 01:45 AM
    My data is just all contacts. I have all my pics backed up already. Im looking forward to delivery of the phones
    10-03-2014 02:25 PM
    Welcome to iMore and ConGrats on the new iPhone 6's.....ENJOY
    10-03-2014 04:09 PM