Spigen Tough Armour Case

Nurnberg77

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, my black/gold Spigen Tough Armour case arrived for my gold iP6...and, frankly, I'm disappointed. Cosmetically it's a "playa". But I just dont think it is as protective as my trusty Speck Candy Shell. Thoughts?

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I received mine today for my iPhone6. I had one for my iPhone5. Best case I've ever had for the iPhone5.

I really like it. Light, durable, and protects my iphone6. My only complaint is it doesn't seem to protect the front/screen. If (which I never do), you want to lay it face down, there isn't a ridge/lip on the edges to keep the screen from touching the surface. I have a screen protector and definitely recommend one. I was using the Incipio case till I received my STA case today. I like that one too. Just a little too much bulk on the sides.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've always been a fan of Speck, it even took a hard drop to the concrete when I had it for the iPhone 4 and the case only took the dings. I never tried Spigen but a lot of my friends are starting to use it, I'd recommend the slim armor case as opposed to tough armor

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've always been a fan of Speck, it even took a hard drop to the concrete when I had it for the iPhone 4 and the case only took the dings. I never tried Spigen but a lot of my friends are starting to use it, I'd recommend the slim armor case as opposed to tough armor

I got the SPECK case at BestBuy, 1st time having one. Used the Apple Leather on the 5s. I like the grippy-stuff on the Speck Case, but I had to get this odd baby blue, as it was all that is in stock. Will work for a couple months until I can see a better choice of cases. I just don't want to drop the phone naked due to slim size and slick aluminium.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I just returned one because of the same issue. I decided the Otterbox will provide more protection especially for the screen. Nice looking case though.

Moe2005

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Tough Amor black/silver case for my 6 and from having it a few days, I can already tell that the quality is much better than the Otterbox Commuter I had on my 5 and less bulky. I would recommend this case to anyone.

My only complaint is it doesn't seem to protect the front/screen. If (which I never do), you want to lay it face down, there isn't a ridge/lip on the edges to keep the screen from touching the surface.

I don't know what you're talking about because mine has a lip that protects it if I put it face down.

Nurnberg77

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Tough Amor black/silver case for my 6 and from having it a few days, I can already tell that the quality is much better than the Otterbox Commuter I had on my 5 and less bulky. I would recommend this case to anyone.

I don't know what you're talking about because mine has a lip that protects it if I put it face down.

Better than the OtterBox Commuter?!!? Really?!!? I would not have thought that...

Moe2005

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Better than the OtterBox Commuter?!!? Really?!!? I would not have thought that...

Considering that the OtterBox plastic cracked just from putting it on and the rubber stretching out, I think it's safe to say that the Tough Amor is better. Just to clarify, I had never dropped the phone in the OtterBox.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Spigen Tough Armor S (4.7). With the power button residing on the side of the phone (an awful design, IMO), the case was useless. Although this case is beautiful, it is not intuitive. I'm still searching for the right case...

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand: WHATEVER case you use, the power button will still be on the side...smh
Let me explain. The case I mentioned (Spigen Tough Armor S) is poorly designed for the iPhone 6's side button. It has an indented (instead of a raised) groove. In the dark I have to feel my way through the side of the phone and, too often, I press, mistakenly, the two raised groove the hug the indented one -- the one that is supposed to press on the power button.
Regardless, I absolutely hate the side power button. As a left handed user, I use my index finger to press the power button which, often, activates the volume (up/down) button.
Long story :concern: Pretty case but not useful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner