Well decided to take off my screen protector but don't want it protection less, specs were behind the protector and it was my 4th Zagg glass one so I gave up on screen protectors I'm very OCD with specs or dust behind the protector and just got tired of it... So I decided I'm going to give the Otterbox Defender a go, I know if gets some specs or dust behind the protector I can take it off and clean it and put it back... Anyone has a Otterbox defender? How is it?
    10-02-2014 05:05 PM
    My wife currently has one on her iPhone 6 and it is pretty good so far. Three layer protection. Also this version feels a lot slimmer than the iPhone 5/5S version.
    It does make the phone taller and a little wider but that's the trade-off for the extra protection it provides I suppose. The screen protector is built in too for added protection of the screen. I was going to just put the Zagg Glass on hers since I have it on mine and forego the Otterbox this time but just for the piece of mind, she's using one again.
    10-02-2014 05:32 PM
    Also this version feels a lot slimmer than the iPhone 5/5S version. It does make the phone taller and a little wider but that's the trade-off for the extra protection it provides I suppose.
    I'm considering one for my iPhone 6. Any chance you could tell me roughly how much extra bulk it gives the phone please? I'd be very grateful.
    10-02-2014 05:44 PM
    Well decided to take off my screen protector but don't want it protection less, specs were behind the protector and it was my 4th Zagg glass one so I gave up on screen protectors I'm very OCD with specs or dust behind the protector and just got tired of it... So I decided I'm going to give the Otterbox Defender a go, I know if gets some specs or dust behind the protector I can take it off and clean it and put it back... Anyone has a Otterbox defender? How is it?
    I own a defender and for protection it's great for looks it's an eyesore. I still use it anyways at work and what not. If you hate dust behind a screen protector the otterbox will drive you insane because you will have to take your phone out every few days and give it a wipe down. I'd suggest getting the tempered glass installed at a kiosk to your satisfaction then pop the plastic glass out of the defender and go that way personally
    10-02-2014 05:45 PM
    I'm considering one for my iPhone 6. Any chance you could tell me roughly how much extra bulk it gives the phone please? I'd be very grateful.
    I have one its slightly thicker than a iPhone 4 with the case but not by much. I use my apple case daily and the defender for a just in case type thing.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    10-02-2014 05:46 PM
    I have one its slightly thicker than a iPhone 4 with the case but not by much. I use my apple case daily and the defender for a just in case type thing.
    Same here
    iTechHead likes this.
    10-02-2014 05:53 PM
    I don't yet have any dust under my Defender's screen protector. There is a film over the touch/home button, and I think that helps a lot. That was where all the dust got in on my 5s. Everyone has a different experience with things, but for what it's worth, I think the Defender for the iP6 is a step up from the Defender for the 5s.
    Manny13840 and zachpenguin like this.
    10-02-2014 06:20 PM
    I don't yet have any dust under my Defender's screen protector. There is a film over the touch/home button, and I think that helps a lot. That was where all the dust got in on my 5s. Everyone has a different experience with things, but for what it's worth, I think the Defender for the iP6 is a step up from the Defender for the 5s.
    Good to hear that! After work I will head to best buy to buy the defender case
    bailbrae likes this.
    10-02-2014 06:26 PM
    I own a defender and for protection it's great for looks it's an eyesore. I still use it anyways at work and what not. If you hate dust behind a screen protector the otterbox will drive you insane because you will have to take your phone out every few days and give it a wipe down. I'd suggest getting the tempered glass installed at a kiosk to your satisfaction then pop the plastic glass out of the defender and go that way personally
    I already went through 4 Zagg Tempered Glass protectors all failed with dusts and specs behind the protector... Maybe its better that I get the defender case and I know just need to take it off and clean it.. With the glass they stayed there all the time lol
    10-02-2014 06:33 PM
    I already went through 4 Zagg Tempered Glass protectors all failed with dusts and specs behind the protector... Maybe its better that I get the defender case and I know just need to take it off and clean it.. With the glass they stayed there all the time lol
    You should be getting a flawless job at the kiosk... If it's not done to satisfactory just tell them to redo it or explain the severity of your wants before hand
    10-02-2014 06:55 PM
    You should be getting a flawless job at the kiosk... If it's not done to satisfactory just tell them to redo it or explain the severity of your wants before hand
    We don't have a Zagg Kiosk here in my City
    HAWK likes this.
    10-02-2014 07:04 PM
    Oh well that's not good... Not even a ghost armor or nothing?
    10-02-2014 07:05 PM
    Oh well that's not good... Not even a ghost armor or nothing?
    Nothing the Kiosks in the mall are like locally owned nothing owned by Ghost armor or Zagg at all... My best choice is Otterbox Defender
    HAWK likes this.
    10-02-2014 07:29 PM
    The Otterbox defender is a wonderful case. I have had them on all of my phones since the iPhone 5. On all of them I have popped out the plastic screen protector and use nothing on my screen. Never had a problem yet.
    10-02-2014 07:56 PM
    The Otterbox defender is a wonderful case. I have had them on all of my phones since the iPhone 5. On all of them I have popped out the plastic screen protector and use nothing on my screen. Never had a problem yet.
    So you don't use a screen protector at all? I'm going to use the built in screen protector if I Don't like it then I'll just take it off and not use a screen protector at all anyways I don't put my phone in my pockets anymore That's why I always get cases with belt holsters or I'll just hold my phone in my hand
    10-02-2014 08:05 PM
    No, I never use a screen protector. I hate the way they look and feel. I never put anything other than my phone I my left pocket so I don't get scratches on it. And if I do and it gets bad, I'll replace it under AppleCare
    10-02-2014 08:07 PM
    No, I never use a screen protector. I hate the way they look and feel. I never put anything other than my phone I my left pocket so I don't get scratches on it. And if I do and it gets bad, I'll replace it under AppleCare
    AppleCare helps the worry of damage a lot
    E_Brown likes this.
    10-02-2014 09:59 PM
    I got the otterbox the day the phone came out. After seeing some guy on YouTube who popped the plastic screen out of it and put a zagg tempered glass screen protector on it, I decided to do the same. Works very well.
    HAWK likes this.
    10-02-2014 10:05 PM
    Well, it becomes bulkier but it's still manageable. It is definitely an improvement from the last model though. Much thinner. You can always buy and try it out at Best Buy and if you want to return within 30 days, you can try another design.
    10-02-2014 10:48 PM
    I installed mine myself after cleaning thoroughly with a micro fiber cloth. No specs of dust.
    10-02-2014 10:58 PM
    just adding my input. I ordered a INK blue defender from verizonwireless.com I love it! people compliment me on the color because its just different then what you typically see. Its only a eye sore as well if you dont like the looks some people like me like the way they look. The rubber to me just feels ALOT better then previous defenders ive used.
    HAWK and Manny13840 like this.
    10-02-2014 11:19 PM
    I agree. I love my Otter boxes. I have about 5 of them for my 5 and 5S. Love the look and the feel of them.
    zachpenguin likes this.
    10-02-2014 11:56 PM
    I agree. I love my Otter boxes. I have about 5 of them for my 5 and 5S. Love the look and the feel of them.
    I never used to be a fan of the otterbox until the 5s... I have the black one on my black 6 right now debating buying the white one, but might look weird that black bezel coming out of the white otter... Thoughts?
    10-03-2014 01:09 AM
    Like I said I have 5 of them my son would mix them up on a weekly basis with all kinds of combos. Don't think you can go wrong.
    10-03-2014 07:45 AM
    I was going to type a long tutorial on how to remove dust from underneath your Zagg Glass shield, but her is a video that will show you better...
    10-03-2014 08:11 AM
83 123 ...