Does anyone have an Otterbox Defender? If so, how is it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sweet, they need to get on the ball with the 6 Plus cases. Thanks.
My Defender is the older version with a cover over the home button. It was difficult at first pulling up the Control panel, but it got easier with experience. I rarely use the Control panel anyway. This older version is better at keeping dust and debris out.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I own a defender and for protection it's great for looks it's an eyesore. I still use it anyways at work and what not. If you hate dust behind a screen protector the otterbox will drive you insane because you will have to take your phone out every few days and give it a wipe down. I'd suggest getting the tempered glass installed at a kiosk to your satisfaction then pop the plastic glass out of the defender and go that way personally
Now there's some good advice right there ...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So let me ask taking the otter screen protector off will in fact make the phone move? Texting sucks with screen protector on

I take all my screen protectors off from my Otterbox's right away. Never had any movement that's noticeable. Screen protectors suck in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So let me ask taking the otter screen protector off will in fact make the phone move? Texting sucks with screen protector on
If it's fitted on snug, it doesn't suck. I've been using the Defender for years with the protective screen. No problems texting.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
If it's fitted on snug, it doesn't suck. I've been using the Defender for years with the protective screen. No problems texting.

Same here. Countless defenders used, have never taken the built in protector off and never have had a problem.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My Defender is the older version with a cover over the home button. It was difficult at first pulling up the Control panel, but it got easier with experience. I rarely use the Control panel anyway. This older version is better at keeping dust and debris out.

Just got the OtterBox Defender for my iPhone 6, and I'm definitely having trouble bringing up the Control Panel. This may be amplified by the fact I also have the Zagg GLASS protector installed, but I'm not quite keen on the idea of removing either that or the OtterBox shield.

Had the same issue with the Griffin Survivor case I switched from, but eventually figured it out -- but with the OtterBox's hard plastic casing covering right up to the edges of the screen it's definitely going to be more difficult.

Did you find a specific method that works best for you? I seem to be able to *randomly* pull up the Panel if I just keep flicking at it from the "edge" of the Home/Touch ID button...

B_Wat

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I took the built in screen protector out and put a tempered glass screen protector on and it fit perfectly no issues

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I have the Otterbox Defender on my iPhone 6, took the built in protector out and added the Verizon Tempered Glass protector.. Works good, no movement! Although the Otterbox hard shell does have a few mm of play between the phone I am not sure how it would be without having the tempered glass keeping it firmly in place.. But all said the setup I have With the defender and tempered glass I like very much!

Also I find the control panel comes up easily if I use my index finger.. I do experience problems sometimes if trying to use my thumb

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had dozens of different Otterbox cases and the screen protector in the iPhone 6's case has the same problem my current Moto X case has. The screen protector doesn't sit tight with the phone so it's slightly elevated requiring you to tap harder to get them to register. My Mom has complained about this issue and I had the same problem with the Moto X case which eventually forced me to remove the screen protector because typing was a pain.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had dozens of different Otterbox cases and the screen protector in the iPhone 6's case has the same problem my current Moto X case has. The screen protector doesn't sit tight with the phone so it's slightly elevated requiring you to tap harder to get them to register. My Mom has complained about this issue and I had the same problem with the Moto X case which eventually forced me to remove the screen protector because typing was a pain.

I had same issue but breaking it in like new pair of shoes seems to have fixed it or to point I don't notice anymore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711