Does anyone have an Otterbox Defender? If so, how is it?

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
And for whatever reason the camo otterbox and designed otter boxes fit and feel better... I found that ever since the 4s

Ok you were right about the built in protector on my otterbox it got me insanely enough to go buy myself a 5th zagg glass once again some specs behind the glass, but was able to remove them with tape, now I removed the otterbox built in protector but it left the glue residue how do I remove the residue?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok you were right about the built in protector on my otterbox it got me insanely enough to go buy myself a 5th zagg glass once again some specs behind the glass, but was able to remove them with tape, now I removed the otterbox built in protector but it left the glue residue how do I remove the residue?

You are gonna think I'm nuts but honestly take a bit of lighter fluid or gasoline on a rag and the glue wipes right off. Just make sure you rinse the case well afterwards. This works believe me

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
You are gonna think I'm nuts but honestly take a bit of lighter fluid or gasoline on a rag and the glue wipes right off. Just make sure you rinse the case well afterwards. This works believe me

Ok once I get home from work I'll give it a try

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Get yourself some "Goo Gone" works wonders to get rid of the residue.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Ba careful, I use gas once and destroyed the case. I just keep rubbing the are until the glue comes off.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the double post hit the wrong key.

How is the access to the control center at the bottom? any issue because of the case lip?

No it's better cause it's cut out by the home button so it eliminated that issue

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

The Otterbox Defender is by far my Favorite case for my 5S and now the 6! But the case and ability to use is so much better when you take the screen protector out and put a tempered glass one in!

For any glue residue that was left I jist took it off with Goo Gone, then cleaned it well with Dawn Dish Detergent, just to make sure the goo gone wouldnt damage the phone finish if any was left.. In the end no glue left and did not damage the otterbox or phone at all, I actually did this to all 3 Otterboxs that were bought for self and girlfriend.. No problems

hektor83

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Guys DONT BUY THE DEFENDER!!!!!!! The film plastic that covers the Touch ID leaves a residue around it. My friend had it and his phone has a stain all over the Touch ID the residue would not go away I repeat DO NOT BUY IT!!! It's all over in macforums on accessories more user are getting there phones damage with the residue around the Touch ID...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Guys DONT BUY THE DEFENDER!!!!!!! The film plastic that covers the Touch ID leaves a residue around it. My friend had it and his phone has a stain all over the Touch ID the residue would not go away I repeat DO NOT BUY IT!!! It's all over in macforums on accessories more user are getting there phones damage with the residue around the Touch ID...

Hasn't happened to my phone... Had mine on for a while now

hektor83

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Really? Should I just take off the screen protector? I don't really like this case

If I was you I would returned case is a piece of crap. Might wanna check around your Touch ID make sure the residue is not all ready there. It looks like a rectangular stain around the Touch ID

hektor83

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could take a picture but it's hard to get it in a pic to show. It's more noticeable when you touch around the Touch ID

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW