Does anyone have an Otterbox Defender? If so, how is it?

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Well decided to take off my screen protector but don't want it protection less, specs were behind the protector and it was my 4th Zagg glass one so I gave up on screen protectors I'm very OCD with specs or dust behind the protector and just got tired of it... So I decided I'm going to give the Otterbox Defender a go, I know if gets some specs or dust behind the protector I can take it off and clean it and put it back... Anyone has a Otterbox defender? How is it?

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
My wife currently has one on her iPhone 6 and it is pretty good so far. Three layer protection. Also this version feels a lot slimmer than the iPhone 5/5S version.
It does make the phone taller and a little wider but that's the trade-off for the extra protection it provides I suppose. The screen protector is built in too for added protection of the screen. I was going to just put the Zagg Glass on hers since I have it on mine and forego the Otterbox this time but just for the piece of mind, she's using one again.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Also this version feels a lot slimmer than the iPhone 5/5S version. It does make the phone taller and a little wider but that's the trade-off for the extra protection it provides I suppose.

I'm considering one for my iPhone 6. Any chance you could tell me roughly how much extra bulk it gives the phone please? I'd be very grateful.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Well decided to take off my screen protector but don't want it protection less, specs were behind the protector and it was my 4th Zagg glass one so I gave up on screen protectors I'm very OCD with specs or dust behind the protector and just got tired of it... So I decided I'm going to give the Otterbox Defender a go, I know if gets some specs or dust behind the protector I can take it off and clean it and put it back... Anyone has a Otterbox defender? How is it?

I own a defender and for protection it's great for looks it's an eyesore. I still use it anyways at work and what not. If you hate dust behind a screen protector the otterbox will drive you insane because you will have to take your phone out every few days and give it a wipe down. I'd suggest getting the tempered glass installed at a kiosk to your satisfaction then pop the plastic glass out of the defender and go that way personally

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering one for my iPhone 6. Any chance you could tell me roughly how much extra bulk it gives the phone please? I'd be very grateful.

I have one its slightly thicker than a iPhone 4 with the case but not by much. I use my apple case daily and the defender for a just in case type thing.

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't yet have any dust under my Defender's screen protector. There is a film over the touch/home button, and I think that helps a lot. That was where all the dust got in on my 5s. Everyone has a different experience with things, but for what it's worth, I think the Defender for the iP6 is a step up from the Defender for the 5s. :)

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't yet have any dust under my Defender's screen protector. There is a film over the touch/home button, and I think that helps a lot. That was where all the dust got in on my 5s. Everyone has a different experience with things, but for what it's worth, I think the Defender for the iP6 is a step up from the Defender for the 5s. :)

Good to hear that! After work I will head to best buy to buy the defender case

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I own a defender and for protection it's great for looks it's an eyesore. I still use it anyways at work and what not. If you hate dust behind a screen protector the otterbox will drive you insane because you will have to take your phone out every few days and give it a wipe down. I'd suggest getting the tempered glass installed at a kiosk to your satisfaction then pop the plastic glass out of the defender and go that way personally

I already went through 4 Zagg Tempered Glass protectors all failed with dusts and specs behind the protector... Maybe its better that I get the defender case and I know just need to take it off and clean it.. With the glass they stayed there all the time lol

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I already went through 4 Zagg Tempered Glass protectors all failed with dusts and specs behind the protector... Maybe its better that I get the defender case and I know just need to take it off and clean it.. With the glass they stayed there all the time lol

You should be getting a flawless job at the kiosk... If it's not done to satisfactory just tell them to redo it or explain the severity of your wants before hand

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Otterbox defender is a wonderful case. I have had them on all of my phones since the iPhone 5. On all of them I have popped out the plastic screen protector and use nothing on my screen. Never had a problem yet.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The Otterbox defender is a wonderful case. I have had them on all of my phones since the iPhone 5. On all of them I have popped out the plastic screen protector and use nothing on my screen. Never had a problem yet.

So you don't use a screen protector at all? I'm going to use the built in screen protector if I Don't like it then I'll just take it off and not use a screen protector at all anyways I don't put my phone in my pockets anymore That's why I always get cases with belt holsters or I'll just hold my phone in my hand

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No, I never use a screen protector. I hate the way they look and feel. I never put anything other than my phone I my left pocket so I don't get scratches on it. And if I do and it gets bad, I'll replace it under AppleCare

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
No, I never use a screen protector. I hate the way they look and feel. I never put anything other than my phone I my left pocket so I don't get scratches on it. And if I do and it gets bad, I'll replace it under AppleCare

AppleCare helps the worry of damage a lot

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the otterbox the day the phone came out. After seeing some guy on YouTube who popped the plastic screen out of it and put a zagg tempered glass screen protector on it, I decided to do the same. Works very well.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site

Well, it becomes bulkier but it's still manageable. It is definitely an improvement from the last model though. Much thinner. You can always buy and try it out at Best Buy and if you want to return within 30 days, you can try another design.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711