Does anyone have an Otterbox Defender? If so, how is it?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
just adding my input. I ordered a INK blue defender from verizonwireless.com I love it! people compliment me on the color because its just different then what you typically see. Its only a eye sore as well if you dont like the looks some people like me like the way they look. The rubber to me just feels ALOT better then previous defenders ive used.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I love my Otter boxes. I have about 5 of them for my 5 and 5S. Love the look and the feel of them.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I love my Otter boxes. I have about 5 of them for my 5 and 5S. Love the look and the feel of them.

I never used to be a fan of the otterbox until the 5s... I have the black one on my black 6 right now debating buying the white one, but might look weird that black bezel coming out of the white otter... Thoughts?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Like I said I have 5 of them my son would mix them up on a weekly basis with all kinds of combos. Don't think you can go wrong.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I already went through 4 Zagg Tempered Glass protectors all failed with dusts and specs behind the protector... Maybe its better that I get the defender case and I know just need to take it off and clean it.. With the glass they stayed there all the time lol

I was going to type a long tutorial on how to remove dust from underneath your Zagg Glass shield, but her is a video that will show you better...http://youtu.be/ML-_hwVHlDs

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox Defender case

I have the black iphone 6 Otterbox Defender on my white iphone. The only problem I have is the phone moves in the case a little left to right, and a lot up and down, my solution was I cut a few strips from an aspirin box and placed on the sides so it does not move at all, with the ip5 otterbox a lot of people complained the movement scatched the back of the phone. Does anyone else notice there phone does not fit snugly in the Otterbox? I have also went ahead and put a Verizon Tempered Glass Screen Protector on and removed the Otterbox one, works a lot better for me, like no screen protector at all!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I hand this on one of my 5 cases. I just installed a Zagg screen protector " the back one" on the back of my phone and it solved the issue.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Otterbox Defender case

I have the black iphone 6 Otterbox Defender on my white iphone. The only problem I have is the phone moves in the case a little left to right, and a lot up and down, my solution was I cut a few strips from an aspirin box and placed on the sides so it does not move at all, with the ip5 otterbox a lot of people complained the movement scatched the back of the phone. Does anyone else notice there phone does not fit snugly in the Otterbox? I have also went ahead and put a Verizon Tempered Glass Screen Protector on and removed the Otterbox one, works a lot better for me, like no screen protector at all!

If you removed the built in screen protector then it will loosen it up the case and your phone will move. I had defender cases for 5s with the built in screen and it didn't move once i removed it I can see it was loose and it moved up and down..

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Otterbox Defender case

Tape doesn't work on tempered glass protectors i tried that it works on the plastic protectors only

I've done it several times. Verizon installed a glass shield on a galaxy note 3 for me and it took me 15 minutes to get all of the dust out with a piece of tape. I would not have suggested it if it doesn't work. You must not have tried very hard, you can even lift the glass protector with your finger nail and peel it back. I've done that multiple times with the Zagg Glass shields.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't buy it if you want to remove the screen protector. They stuck it on there in a much wider piece of plastic taking it off results in a lot of glue being exposed

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If you removed the built in screen protector then it will loosen it up the case and your phone will move. I had defender cases for 5s with the built in screen and it didn't move once i removed it I can see it was loose and it moved up and down..

No it moved when the otterbox screen protector was in, not violently moved, but press your power button, your phone while shift, press your volume keys and the phone will move, most of the reviews on Otterbox.com say the same thing.. I have had the ip5 otterbox, same space in shell, ip5s defender was the best! I dont know why your phone would move when you took your screen protector out of your 5s, those cases were snug as a glove!! I must say removing the screen protector has helped a ton with the ip6 case! The tempered glass is a lot thicker holding the phone in place much better! The ip6 defender case also had their screen protector a few mm away from the screen, felt horrible, like pressing an old env touch screen, and they scratch up soo easy, I still have 10 colors for the old 5s laying around here and the screen protectors on the defender stink.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't buy it if you want to remove the screen protector. They stuck it on there in a much wider piece of plastic taking it off results in a lot of glue being exposed

The best way to get them out is to heat them up with a hair dryer and then when they are hot slowly push them out, I had 0% glue residue left doing it this way, it all was attached to the screen protector. I do have to admit, they did use MORE glue on the iphone 6 defender though! ;) but the hair dryer really does work well, no sticky at all in my case!

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
This is my experience with the Otterbox Defender...When I had the iPhone 4, I put it in an Otterbox and the case severely gouged my front glass above the screen in the bezel area. What happened was dust or maybe sand got in between the case and the phone and really did a number on my iPhone 4. I did not notice it until I took the phone out to sell it. Needless to say, I got a lot less for my phone because of the gouges. From then on I always remove the built in protector and buy a Zagg shield. Like RescueEMT911 said, the case fits much tighter also. Win win.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox Defender case

I have the old Defender version on my 5. I have removed it to clean twice in 13 months. My wife has the new version on her 5c, and has to remove to clean about once a month.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the old Defender version on my 5. I have removed it to clean twice in 13 months. My wife has the new version on her 5c, and has to remove to clean about once a month.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I had to remove the one on my 5S all the time to clean. The hole for Touch ID made life miserable. The film on the preserver was a life saver and I never took that off to clean.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412363527.991106.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412363538.966552.jpg

Just picked up this defender a few minutes ago for my 6. I love the camo one without the apple cutout.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox Defender case

And for whatever reason the camo otterbox and designed otter boxes fit and feel better... I found that ever since the 4s

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
And for whatever reason the camo otterbox and designed otter boxes fit and feel better... I found that ever since the 4s

Does the iphone 6 move around at all in the case, before you put the lid on? Space on the sides and top and bottom?

Just asking because I called Otterbox and the rep said the black was produced first with this problem, but she was sending the white hard shell, she said the colors were produced at a later time and fit correctly

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Does the iphone 6 move around at all in the case, before you put the lid on? Space on the sides and top and bottom?

Just asking because I called Otterbox and the rep said the black was produced first with this problem, but she was sending the white hard shell, she said the colors were produced at a later time and fit correctly

I have the black and only complaint is the screen protector was a bit unflush on the screen. The camo ones always have and always will in my opinion fit better... The outter rubber is made of a more solid rubber and feels smooth on the back... Doesn't get all dusty like the soft rubber

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711