I want to buy iPhone 6 Plus unlocked version from US. Just need some clarity, I travel a lot and i will be staying in India for a year. So if the iPhone gives me some problem will I be able to utilise the warranty in Apple, India ?

Please confirm soon, so that I can complete my purchase before leaving from US.
    10-02-2014 06:37 AM
    You will be available to if there is any official Apple store available in your country. If there is none, You will need to ship it to US or take it there yourself.
    agalaria likes this.
    10-02-2014 06:40 AM
    Warranties including Apple's are usually country specific.
    Also while I could be wrong, I thought there were no official Apple Stores in India only licensed sellers.
    agalaria likes this.
    10-02-2014 07:05 AM
    Warranties including Apple's are usually country specific.
    Also while I could be wrong, I thought there were no official Apple Stores in India only licensed sellers.
    Apple provides world wide warranty for all its products except the iPhone. This is what apple told me when i bought iPhone 4. At that time iPhones were sold in india only on contract basis. Now Apple is here in India and they sell directly. So they should cover it but I want to double check before getting one for myself.
    10-02-2014 08:17 AM
    I thought that Apple was being sold through resellers and didn't yet have any Apple stores in India.
    agalaria likes this.
    10-02-2014 09:20 AM
    I thought that Apple was being sold through resellers and didn't yet have any Apple stores in India.
    Just contacted Apple. They confirmed that the warranty will be valid in India. Thats over the call. No written confirmation.
    10-02-2014 09:56 AM
    Warranty is valid everywhere but you might have to ship it to Apple somewhere, they don't have local presence. Did you confirm if the authorized reseller will accept the warranty?
    10-02-2014 01:18 PM
    Same thing happened with me, i bought my iphone 6 from singapore, earlier apple stores told me that the warranty will be applicable only on ipads and macbooks but not on iphones, but normal shopkeers selling iphones with international warranty and later apple stores started saying that its with international warranty, dont know what is going on,
    agalaria likes this.
    10-02-2014 01:58 PM
    Warranty is valid everywhere but you might have to ship it to Apple somewhere, they don't have local presence. Did you confirm if the authorized reseller will accept the warranty?
    Yes, they said warranty is valid in India. Up to my knowledge they send the phone to Singapore for any fix. The shipping and all will be taken care by Apple.
    10-03-2014 01:32 AM
    Hi - I bought my iPhone 5s from the USA with international warranty. The store in Mumbai (authorized reseller) won't take the phone for repair saying it's valid only in the country of purchase. I tried searching for the paperwork but can't find it nor do I have an email record of the warranty. The IMEI info pulls up the fact that it has a 2-year international warranty, but no luck. Agalaria and the others - any ideas on how to figure out the real deal??
    08-27-2015 12:42 AM
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

QCD is the authorised service centre

As far as i know its worldwide, but not every country can repair or do exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 11:41 AM