Why isn't my iPhone 6 staying connected to wifi?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 doesn't stay connected to Wi-Fi.

Let me put it this way, if the the Monday release of IOS 8.1 does not fix this problem I want Apple to replace my Iphone 6. This morning it could not find my business wifi and right not it also cannot find my home wifi...now I have to reboot the phone for it to work again.

That's exactly what mine was doing and I even went and replaced my iphone 6 and it still did it so I confirmed it wasn't the phone however it's not happened to me in over a week now. Have you updated all your apps that have updated available?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

My wifi connection (and speed) has been super solid the last few days.

Yeah mine too. Wonder what's changed? Wonder if an app that was causing an unstable wifi connection has been updated and resolved the issue?

If an app was constantly attempting to use the wifi connection it would technically slow the speeds down where whatever app is using the wifi connection without us realising as unlike a PC you can't really see what processes are currently running. If it eventually causes the wifi service to hang this is probably why eventually we lose connection and it's unable to then find wireless networks and a reboot obviously restarts the service and it then starts over again! I always close all my background apps after I've used them so it's not related to whether you're using the app at the time or not I bet it's got a rogue bug that's just causing the wifi to hang. It would all make sense and explain why Apple didn't find it in testing because they don't test iOS against every app!

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

My wifi is fast and consistant unless i open any of the angry birds apps. Even if i'm not playing the game and it's on in the back ground my wifi slows right down.

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

That's an iOS issue it's should be fix by 8.1 Monday

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

bk0908

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying out iOs 8.2 for a couple of days now but unfortunately the issue still persists...

Apple really ought to do something before more apple fans turn their backs

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I forgot about this issue. Been using mine for a month now at least and this issue hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my iPhone 6 128GB SG using Tapatalk

welcome_to_noodles

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site

I got an i7 a few days ago for my birthday and my brother, who was the one who updated it and all that fun stuff, claimed it had ios10 on it, which an iOS 10 user confirmed. Since then, I've been having so much trouble trying to keep it connected to my perfectly fine wifi. My old phone, an android, had no trouble connecting and staying connected. Because my family shares a plan and we've only got 2 gigs of data each i need to really conserve as on my old phone I could set a data limit, but I can't here. It's been about 2 days but I'm seriously considering switching back over to my android.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I got an i7 a few days ago for my birthday and my brother, who was the one who updated it and all that fun stuff, claimed it had ios10 on it, which an iOS 10 user confirmed. Since then, I've been having so much trouble trying to keep it connected to my perfectly fine wifi. My old phone, an android, had no trouble connecting and staying connected. Because my family shares a plan and we've only got 2 gigs of data each i need to really conserve as on my old phone I could set a data limit, but I can't here. It's been about 2 days but I'm seriously considering switching back over to my android.

Welcome to iMore! Sorry to hear you're having wifi problems. Make sure you're on the latest version of iOS by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If that doesn't work let us know and we can direct you from there. You may need to restore.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods