Why isn't my iPhone 6 staying connected to wifi?

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 doesn't stay connected to Wi-Fi.

I wiped my phone and completely set it up as new and it seems to have solved my wifi and Bluetooth issues. Mine was never as bad as some of yours that need a reboot to see networks, though.

I have a feeling there are going to be some overages for people who are having problems dropping wifi and haven't noticed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed. That sucks that this keeps happening though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

what i dont understand is that my iPad Air that i just upgraded hasnt had the issue at all. i get notified twice for everything even if im not using my ipad (same accounts on my g3 and ipad). that makes me wonder if it is a bug between cellular connection and wifi cause i have the wifi only version.

Possibly mate. I have iPad mini and not had the issue with that either! I wonder if it's a bug whereby the strongest connection wins and at certain times mobile data signal is stronger than our wifi signal so it swaps and caused a bug whereby wifi crashes

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Possibly mate. I have iPad mini and not had the issue with that either! I wonder if it's a bug whereby the strongest connection wins and at certain times mobile data signal is stronger than our wifi signal so it swaps and caused a bug whereby wifi crashes

That's what it sounds like to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

I wiped my phone and completely set it up as new and it seems to have solved my wifi and Bluetooth issues. Mine was never as bad as some of yours that need a reboot to see networks, though.

I have a feeling there are going to be some overages for people who are having problems dropping wifi and haven't noticed it.

I originally restored my 6 from iCloud and then noticed the issue so after s few days I set it up as a new iphone and still had the issue! I then took it back and exchanged it and this time restored from iCloud and still have it although only once in two days and before it was 1-2 times a day. It definitely software related but whether it's iOS or third party causing this bug I don't know. It could be mobile data vs wifi which might be why iPads are not really having the issue except maybe cellular iPads? Or perhaps the third party apps are not on iPad so not affected I don't know.

There's definitely nothing we can do to fix this other than rebooting as a quick workaround. I've got another threat where I asked people to list their device and issue for wifi to hopefully see if there is some type of pattern.

Cheers for all your help and replies guys!

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Again after resetting network my iphone worked fine for 2 days then again dropped wifi signal and in anger i didnt restart my phone, i thought that it got disconnected and let it like this only then after few minutes i checked again my wifi was reconnected lolz, dont know whats going on, first time i didnt reboot my drvice and it connected again after few minutes but i tried flight mode on and off and wifi on and off but nothing worked that time, all i saw that wifi was searching router name and no connections were coming up in dispay, its a huge bug.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Again after resetting network my iphone worked fine for 2 days then again dropped wifi signal and in anger i didnt restart my phone, i thought that it got disconnected and let it like this only then after few minutes i checked again my wifi was reconnected lolz, dont know whats going on, first time i didnt reboot my drvice and it connected again after few minutes but i tried flight mode on and off and wifi on and off but nothing worked that time, all i saw that wifi was searching router name and no connections were coming up in dispay, its a huge bug.

Yeah that's EXACTLY what I'm getting also! It's definitely a bug as I've exchanged my device and also setup as a new device too. Although I've not had it happen for s couple of days now but in Friday I exchanged my iphone 6 at about 7:40pm and by midnight it dropped wifi! It did eventually comeback though as well.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Yea i read ur earlier comments also that after exchanging device its happening again but did u notice how many times it dropped after exchange of ur iphone? Did u rebooted device to make wifi come back or its just reconnecting again after few minutes?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I have my suspicions that it might have something to do with the wifi calling that's supposed to hand off to cellular very efficiently.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

I have my suspicions that it might have something to do with the wifi calling that's supposed to hand off to cellular very efficiently.

Yes this could actually be the cause! I don't have wifi calling yet here in the UK on EE so I wonder if it's actually that which is causing the issue.

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I have Wi-Fi calling with T-Mobile and it works okay, not the best but definitely okay. Didn't think that could be the cause though since I have it on my network.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

I'm facing this problem with my iPad Air, iOS 8.0.2. But in my iPhone 6+, same system version, everything is alright. Waiting for the 8.1 and hoping this will solve this problem, which really annoys me.

Sent from my 19th Century Telegraph Machine

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

I have Wi-Fi calling with T-Mobile and it works okay, not the best but definitely okay. Didn't think that could be the cause though since I have it on my network.

It may or may not be the cause. Thing is if it is then it will be the software bug rather than whether it's in use with your carrier or not. Either way let's hope this falls off the end as more releases are made.

Xo.pink.xo

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Yup I had the same problem no wifi and no LTE on AT&T . Apple swapped it out n no problems after that. It was probably just that phone was defective

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Took the plunge (again) and bought the 128GB iPhone 6. Not sure if I am going to keep it though. Downloading all of my songs to it from Spotify and restoring everything (set up as new but using iTunes to add the backed up apps I have).

My phone was having issues staying connected to Wi-Fi but after the 3 resets I did, it seems to have fixed it. Spoke too soon. Just disconnected from Wi-Fi as I typed that out. D'OH!

Just went into my settings and reconnected and everything seems fine again just have to restart syncing my music. The signal strength doesn't seem normal & by that I mean it was 1 bar for a little while after I just reconnected & it keeps going up and down when my iPad Air has full bars no matter where I am.
I'm thinking this is more of a defective device rather than iOS 8. I turned off Voice & Data for data (turned it to data only) PLUS my SIM card isn't even active...

Not activating the SIM card inside of it until I decide whether or not I want to keep it. I have 20 days to decide (that's what T-Mobile Care told me when I ordered it yesterday at least). I'm going to try to decide within 14 days.
If I do keep it, I need to do something with the LG G3 I have, which is something else I have to decide.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

There will be quirky things happen from time to time but mostly it will be software related and not hardware so don't think you're is the device. I exchanged my iphone 6 and the new one still had wifi issues although it's not dropped connection for nearly a week now and previously dropped 1-2 times per day so I honestly believe that it was an app causing this issue and the app has been updated and resolved the issue. I've had a ton of iPhone. 6 related app updates recently so it's highly likely one of these is now fixed and not causing the wifi connection to drop as nothing iOS related has changed and there's been no iOS updates this week.

It's really easy to wind yourself up thinking various issues are device related and that you've got a lemon and should exchange it but in my experience exchanging doesn't always mean resolving as I've exchanged iPhones in the past the the new ones have had more issues than my old one albeit not really an issue but just quirky things like the buttons are a bit different with a case fitted and don't press in properly or silly things like s new iPhone although technically the same storage size had 1-2GB less than the one I exchanged. For instance I have a 64GB iPhone 6 and my previous recognised 58gb and now my new one recognises 56.01GB which isn't anything to stress about but it would be noticeable if I was down to 1GB of free space and needed room to update an app or iOS etc haha

Sometimes better the devil you know and all that

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Decided to return it. The WiFi is slower on it and the speaker is quieter. I just all around prefer the lg g3. At least now I found my forever phone lol

taker888

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

It's definitely an iOS 8 software issue because I went from a 6+, to a gold 6 to now a space gray 6 and they all have that wifi hanging issue. I have to toggle wifi on and off to get back on. I even resetted network settings, disable 5hz on my router, and added google's 8.8.8.8 dns to wifi settings and still overtime hangs.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone else had this issue happen in the past week? I've gone from 1-2 times per day to not having this happen for a week now!

There's been tons of app updates recently I wonder if the app causing the problem has been updated and resolved if nobody else is still getting this and has updated all their apps to the most recent.

paramaribo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Let me put it this way, if the the Monday release of IOS 8.1 does not fix this problem I want Apple to replace my Iphone 6. This morning it could not find my business wifi and right not it also cannot find my home wifi...now I have to reboot the phone for it to work again.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

My wifi connection (and speed) has been super solid the last few days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro