Looks like it is software. I reset my network settings and then re-joined my network, 3 days on and so far all is working fine.

John.woody
    10-07-2014 02:56 AM
    Looks like it is software. I reset my network settings and then re-joined my network, 3 days on and so far all is working fine.

John.woody
    I did the same two days ago and it made no difference for me. I'm glad you guys are here to confirm as I'd have been stressing about returning my iphone 6 otherwise.

I suspect those on other threads who claim to not be affected just have noticed it yet. It just just be a few seconds OR it can be minutes/until a hard reboot. Some occasions I've noticed that going into Wifi to try and force it to reconnect actually shows a blank ssid list whereby I normally have 6-7 routers displayed in my list especially my own! Only a hard reboot actually resolves this on this occasion.

Thanks for all responding...
    10-07-2014 06:04 AM
    I have an no issue with Wi-Fi and it has been solid. I am wondering if it is a protocol issue. Works well with some security protocols while not with others.
    10-07-2014 10:58 AM
    After taking apple support now my iphone 6 is working perfect in wifi but now all apps are crashing dont know now what bug has entered in my ios 8.0.2, apple guy helped me in restoring my phone but now this crashing of apps annoys me when i m writing or doing something important, just waiting for ios 8.1, hope that will solve my problem😒
    10-07-2014 02:58 PM
    Lets hope it is as that means it's software and patchable! I'm on a Fibre AC Router using AES/TKIP WPA/WPA2 Protocols....
    10-07-2014 03:28 PM
    Ok so this definitely isn't related to security protocols as I've just had this happen again and when it dropped to 4G it wouldn't display ANY wifi networks when toggling wifi off and on again. I have about 8 surrounding networks here so there should never be none displayed. No matter what I did I couldn't get any to display and the wifi connection screen just showed searching. I eventually did a hard reboot and when it rebooted my wifi connection came back and it also displayed the 8+ wireless networks nearby.

I hope this isn't hardware related but as iPhone 5 users are experiencing similar I'm crossing my fingers this is fixed in the next iOS update.

Not sure what is actually triggering this
    10-07-2014 09:24 PM
    My WiFi connectivity just got unbearably slow today. So did a "Reset All Network Settings". Seems to have helped a lot. Wondering if it will degrade again to be unusable.

I hope this wifi but gets addressed with 8.1
    10-08-2014 06:02 PM
    My phone refuses to hook up to wifi on a daily basis. I have to restart it to get it to work.

Reset Network Settings isn't helping.
    10-08-2014 08:41 PM
    telling ya if your within return time frame exchange it or start process exchange! since there on back order alot of places have system for returns/exchanges took mine back got fresh one no problems at all.
    10-08-2014 10:49 PM
    My phone refuses to hook up to wifi on a daily basis. I have to restart it to get it to work.

Reset Network Settings isn't helping.
    Mine does the same. Daily I lose wifi at some stage and only a reboot gets it connected again or even showing wifi networks in the list!

I don't think it's hardware I think it's software. If it's hardware then a reboot wouldn't fix it. It would either work or it wouldn't. I'd not bother exchanging it is just wait for 8.1 to see if that fixes it. I asked a mate and he said his was perfect so I reset the mobile data while he was at home and check it later on when he hadn't left wifi all day and it was at a couple of MB of mobile data proving it had lost wifi for a period.
    10-09-2014 04:21 PM
    Found this thread on the apple forums which is exactly what is happening to me. Seems it's not device specific which means exchanging for another iPhone 6 won't fix this problem and as I expected this is definitely ios software related.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6569309
    10-09-2014 05:43 PM
    Wifi problems here too... My wifi is 30mb, suddenly the phone will go slow downloading pages and when i do a speedtest it reads only about 0,25mb. If i do a reboot it works fine for another few hours but the problem repeats ( ios 8.02)

This morning when i switched on my router the phone couldn't even find the wifi until i rebooted the phone.
    10-09-2014 06:00 PM
    Michael I've not noticed slow speeds but what does happen is the same as yours whereby mine drops my wifi connection and reverts to 4G. Then when I scan for wireless networks it just says Searching... and doesn't go any further. The only fix is a reboot and then not only does it instantly connect to my router it also displays another 10+ nearby routers in a matter of a second! Something is seriously up with this. I'm reluctant to exchange it as there's a chance this is software related and exchanging won't make any difference. I can't imagine it being hardware as surely hardware either works or it doesn't and a reboot shouldn't make too much difference to a hardware fault. For instance if it was a faulty wifi antenna then rebooting the software shouldn't suddenly resolve a faulty antenna? I know it's still possible but with the amount of people affected it's not likely...
    10-09-2014 07:08 PM
    It maybe software related, i'm nearly sure that my 5s did something similiar when i went ios 8, a few times it was slow at downloading. My 6 says full signal wifi but goes vbery slow until i reboot, been ok the last 5 hours.
    10-09-2014 09:13 PM
    I took apple support for second time and this time they told me to format my iphone 6 completly and setup it as new to check if crashing and restart problem happens again, i have to check for 24 hours or more then have to send diagnostic usage if i face same problem, i suggest everyone to format their iphones completely by using this article
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808
    Apple support guy told me to do this and check iphone for 24 hours, hope this will work fine.
    10-09-2014 09:37 PM
    I've already wiped mine and set it up as a new device and it's made no difference. In fact tonight I even reset my network settings for about the 5th time this week to see if that helped and I rebooted my router at the same time just to clear down. Literally 10 mins after I lost wifi and the same old going into settings>wifi just showed searching and never found any wireless networks despite there being dozens nearby and me being 10ft from my router. After 5-10mins of waiting I rebooted my iphone 6 and low and behold it immediately connected and also displayed about 15 wireless networks! What's odd is I then checked it again moments after and it only found mine!?

I wonder if this is actually a hardware fault after all. I'm going to exchange my iphone 6 with apple today if I can and at least that rules out the phone if it keeps happening. It's annoying as I moved carriers when upgrading and my new price plan is only 2GB of monthly data compared to my unlimited before. The woman said that on my iphone 5 I was only using about 50MB per month on average mostly because I'm always on wifi everywhere so 2GB sounded fine! Now I have this issue the problem is it keeps dropping wifi without me realising and I'd have just watched a 10min YouTube video at about 500mb before realising so it's a real pain for me now!
    10-10-2014 12:43 AM
    Yea mine problem still not solved after taking apple support for second time😒 my iphone creating same problem of wifi drop and doesnt search any router connection, i think its hardware problem but lets wait for new update, if it was hardware problem then wifi was not working like this.
    10-10-2014 01:53 AM
    Definitely improved for me after doing a "Reset Network Settings". How long that will last who know. But it definitely helped.
    10-10-2014 07:51 AM
    I want to ask one question to everyone who faced problem regarding wifi drop, after replacing your iphone 6, you guys are still facing problem in wifi or its solved now? If problem is solved then it means its hardware problem, otherwise its only ios 8.0.2 major bug.
    10-10-2014 08:20 AM
    People are reporting the issue with the 5, 5s, 6, & 6+, so I would guess its software, also had it on my iPad 4 the other day so I did what I had already done on my iPhone and reset network settings. So far both devices are behaving themselves.

John.woody
    10-10-2014 09:30 AM
    Argh I'm in two minds. I'm going to goto the Apple Store later to see if they will replace it without an appointment. There's nothing at any nearby stores in the next week so it's pointless. Hopefully it's a hardware fault and the new device doesn't have his issue. If it's software then at least I have the peace of mind knowing it will eventually be sorted.

There's lots of people reporting this though which is worrying!
    10-10-2014 09:45 AM
    I was having this issue as well on occasion and once i upgraded to 8.0.2 i haven't had any problems with wi-fi. it will now find networks instead of searching forever with no results.
    10-10-2014 10:09 AM
    Ok just got back from the Apple Store and I've exchange my iphone 6 so let's see if this new one has issues then we know it's software.
    10-10-2014 03:49 PM
    i have problems too. But i had the same issues with my 4s and i think it's really a problem with the router. But i'm not positive. But I have an old d-link 601 router running dd-wrt not to mention i bought it refurbished from Newegg.
    10-10-2014 03:58 PM
    The guy in Apple Store here in England said he hadn't exchanged an iphone 6 yet! Said he hadn't even heard about any known issues! Odd.

Not quite sure what this problem is as he said if it's the wifi hardware then that's not replaceable and means a new handset so if this doesn't happen on my new iphone then this is a big issue for Apple.
    10-10-2014 04:45 PM
93 1234