Poor Cellular Connection with iPhone 6?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed a worse connection than other devices? My 6 only gets 2 bars where my friends 5 gets 4 bars in the same area. I tried resetting the network settings, but no luck there. Any tips on improving reception

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I believe i'm experiencing worse connections but mostly with wifi. I just did a restore but I chose to start new instead of from a backup.

cycy123

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Straighttalk. When I using Samsung S3 andS4, I can get full bar,but after I switched to iphone6, I only get 2-3bar of signal...
And I try to use a new sim card,but still :/

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have Verizon in Buffalo, NY, and have an iPhone 6.. I have been noticing my Cellular connection to be less than it was before, but I think it might have to do with IOS8.0.2.. In the same area iPhone 5's on the same tower, same location measure around -88db's while my iPhone 6 at the same time is measuring -99 on up db's.. I also notice that my iPhone 6 likes to fluctuate a lot with no movement constantly +\- 10dbs or so.. The iPhones I have been checking it against have either 8.0.2 or 7.1.2 installed on them

1caz

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm with AT&T and have a similar issue, with my Iphone 5 I can get full signal, but so far with my iphone 6 all I get is 3 to 4 in the same areas where I used to get a strong signal. I've not updated to 8.02 yet, and most likely it won't until there is a better update.

jake501

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here on my iPhone 6 on AT&T. In my travels, I've noticed that my cell signal is like a bar or two less than what my iPhone 5
was in the same locations.. I've also been having the WIFI slowdowns. I reset my router by holding in the reset button for 10 sec. Some how that alone fixed my wifi problems at home. but I'm still having the wifi issues on the router at work and wifi hot spots.. I think these are IOS 8 bugs and hoping another quick update is released soon to correct it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
On the contrary. I noticed that I'm connecting faster and in places where I wasn't connecting before, such as at more underground stations on the metro.
I'm also getting better reception on the road.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I've noticed a significantly better reception with the 6 than what I ever had with the 5. Inside my office, "dead" zones while driving. Far better reception and fewer "no service" instances with the 6.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, and I thought that maybe the 8.0.2 update would fix it, but I guess I'll have to wait and see for iOS 8.1. And @Karenkcoulter I feel you, my school uses them even though they illegal to use within the US and many other countries, so you might be able to blackmail them into removing it.

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from having a few Android devices over the past couple of years, last iPhone I had was the 4. So nothing on the iOS platform to fairly compare it to at the moment; but in comparison to my HTC One M7 I had for the past year, I do find my iPhone 6 to be reporting a lower signal strength.

I live in a 14th-floor apartment, and my signal fluctuates between 4 and 5 bars; at my work it's anywhere from 2-4 bars, but often closer to 2 where I spend most of my time. The HTC would almost always have 5 bars at home, and usually 3-4 bars at work.

This may just be a difference in how the iPhone calculates signal strength however. Hard to judge since each of these devices may use different radios, calculations etc.

As of yet I've not had any dropped calls (I rarely actually talk anyway, lol!), but I have had my data cut out on me in my underground parking, which rarely if ever happened with my HTC.

*** Side note: If the iPhone can't obtain an LTE signal, will it always show/fallback to 3G, or would it also show 4G? My HTC would fallback to 4G, and I don't recall it ever showing 3G or anything else below 4G speeds. ***

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
nope. I'm in So cal and close to the ocean the signal was crap on my 4s it's crap on my 6 except i get slow LTE. Voice wise i've only made one call and it was fine from the crap reception in my apartment. But where i live because i'm close to the ocean pretty much none of the carriers get good reception. There are places where they almost all lose data completely and often voice too. Data wise my lte is slow but it's still better than the crap the super slow 3g i got on my 4s and very often where i live i can only get edge or whatever "1x" means. When i move further inland my LTE get's quite a bit faster but it's still notoriously spotty in So Cal. Plus there's the simple fact that there's a **** ton of people here, all with cellphones and not nearly enough tower bandwidth regardless of carrier. And you can go from neighborhood to neighborhood town to town and the "best carrier" will vary from town to town. Now it's never Sprint lol but like you'll surely find people on Verizon that don't think it's anything special or get crap reception where they live and same goes for the other carriers. But my buddy has a nexus phone with LTE and he get's no reception at all while i do. Same network but i think i my iphone 6 get's more bands.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I was at the T-Mobile store today and the 6 was getting better reception than my 5s. The 6 was getting two bars of LTE and I was getting one bar of 4g.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Amazing did a test today when bowling with family, had my 6, my girlfriends 5 on 7.0.2, friends 5s on 8.0.2, and friends 5c on 8.0.2.. Placed them all next to each other, they all were getting -75 db's while my 'new' 6 was at -92 db's.. Brother in laws galaxy s5 had full bars.. Funny enough I reset my network settings a few times and my phone would show the -75 dbs for a minute or so, then go back to crap.. We are all on verizon and the same tower.. Its killing me! Yes this is what I do during family nights out! Lol

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried resetting the network settings as well, and it even shows the full bars after airplane mode. maybe iOS 8.1 will fix it

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I am with Verizon and my connection is better than it was with my Galaxy S3. Improve with the IOS 8.0.2 update, but I am not sure that had anything to do with it. I heard the next up will improve even more the RF signal.

A.B.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW