Data consumption--Ugh!

c000

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Well I feel foolish now. I think the amount showing for data usage was still last months total even though it's the third day into my billing cycle. I had even called att and talked to the customer service rep and she recommended I increase my data plan. I went up to the 30gb plan to cover my @ss.

Well, tonight I log back and and now my balance due appears (it said zero earlier) and everyone is rolled back to zero on data. So I called back to att to find out if the data had been reset because of the new billing period or as a result of the plan change. Basically I wanted to know did my daughter use 5 gb in the first few days of the billing cycle. The guy said there had been very little data use the last few days so it seems to me it just took a few days for the data to reset which makes no sense at all. Very weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

there is a promo going on where you get get double the data for the same price. so 10 would be 20.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
This is my 1st IPhone and my god this thing drinks data. My previous WP I would only use like 500mb of data a month my iPhone has used like 1.2 Gig in the 10 days I've had it! I'm on Tmobile and have an unlimited data plan, but I never thought I'd be using that much data. I don't stream music or video much and I'm on WiFi when I'm home.

Crazy data consumption.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm tired of ATT and all this data usage crap. Having the same issue,though I constantly use a speedtest app on my iPhone to check download speeds over wifi and LTE. I have ocd when it comes to my download speeds and it drives me nuts if they're not up to par..so when I get a new phone I test a lot. I was on the unlimited plan for a long time,and found out about throttling last spring when I decided to keep wifi off (even at home) because my speeds over LTE were better. Now with the new iphone 6 I was having slow speed issues and called ATT several times and even made a Genius bar appt in case it was a faulty phone. I tried everything to no avail,and knew it wasnt due to throttling this time because we checked. Then when I was on the phone with ATT support,she mentioned I had only used about 300 mb's of data in each of the past few months,and suggested I go to a 1gb plan to save money. I did, and 4 hrs later I got the auto text from ATT saying I'm near my data limit only 5 days into the cycle..lol.(because I keep using that app to test the LTE speeds!) So for now I switched it to a 2 gb plan and haven't run the test over LTE.
Driving me insane.:crying:
Unless you're getting extremely low speed tests, I wouldn't worry about wifi not being as fast as cellular. The difference between 15 Mbps and 30 Mbps is just not that much in practical application. You're obsession with speed is causing you to use too much data on Cellular. It reminds me of those who are obsessed with the battery % in the status bar. Use your wifi, it's fast enough. The only time I check my speeds, are if I suspect an issue with Comcast, or to post it on the forums for fun. But both are rare. Checking it doesn't help anything. If it causes you to cry, then delete the speedtest app. You'll live! :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2