Has anyone switched between Android and Apple products without any issues?

alphacc82

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Switching between phones w/ at&t (Android, WP, Etc)

So I am considering picking up an iPhone 6 since it now has a bigger screen. My concern is in regards to an "issue" I had with the iPhone 4 and a data plan with AT&T.

I love tech and phones fall into the category so I continually switch between a few which include devices from the Android and WP family. Years ago when I picked up the iPhone 4 it required a different type of data plan than what android and WP used at the time so I literally had to call up AT&T and switch for the phone to work properly. Unfortunately I sold the 4 because I love switching around randomly and needing to call to change was a hassle and messed up my bill when done.

So.... Does anyone now switch around between an apple product and Android/WP without issue(has done so for months without issue)? I have Googled a bit but haven't found any definitive answers, just theories. The last I looked into this was last year, so not sure if anything has changed since then. Hope someone that actually does switching can chime in!

Much appreciated, thanks!

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switching between phones w/ at&t (Android, WP, Etc)

Most if not all the carriers have all smartphones under one single plan. When the iPhone was new they had their own specific plans, but this is no longer the case. So, you should have no issues swapping devices between Apple and Android.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I've found it works great if I am on the iPhone plan and just use a sim adapter and my iPhone sim to use an android. I've done this multiple times with no issues. I might recommend just leaving iMessage off if you are going to switch real frequently. I'm on AT&T by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Most if not all the carriers have all smartphones under one single plan. When the iPhone was new they had their own specific plans, but this is no longer the case. So, you should have no issues swapping devices between Apple and Android.

AT&T still has a separate iphone plan but I think the only difference between that and a regular data plan is that it has visual voicemail provisioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73