iPhone 6 Signal Strength

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my 6 on Sunday and I noticed my signal dots never go higher than 3. Whether im on wifi at home or out in manhattan my signal stays between 3 and 2 dots. I'm on Verizon has anyone else had this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not yet, but on my iPhone 5, the signal bars primary stay on 3 bars while at home but fluctuate every where else. Still, the call is crystal clear and drop-free and that's all that matters, in my opinion. Anyway, you can try resetting your network settings in the settings section of the device or call Verizon Wireless to see if they can improve the signal strength from their end.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have not had this issue personally with my 6 on Verizon. But I also do not pay particularly close attention. I have found often times that performance stays consistent whether I am on four dots or one.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The signal strength that I am getting with my iPhone 6 is better than what I was getting in the same locations with my iPhone 5.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the display model in verizon has a signal in on the 6+. It wouldn't connect to AWS and was 3 to 10 dB lower then the 6 which held constant AWS signal.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I find the signal to be far superior on the 6 than in my previous 5. I'm out in the sticks and drive through a lot of weak signal area. Definitely less "no service" with the 6. Quite impressed. Wifi reception also much better with the 6 vs the 5. Can pick up wifi no problem in the garage with my 6. The 5 not so much.

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Although I've found the signal to be better than my previous phones, I have noticed the 3 dots. But that's just mainly at home. Signal fluctuates everywhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my 6 is about the same as my previous 5. Most of the time stays at 3 dots. The only time I saw it full was when I was on the highway and I was right next to a tower. I almost never see 4 or 5 dots. But I don't mind. I never had problems with calls or connection. Except at work as I work in a hangar. And if the doors are closed or is a cloudy day. I get poor reception and my battery life sucks.
I'm on Verizon by the way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73