Apple can be pathetic

paramaribo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
If you know that there will be demand for these iPhones every year why not make enough that we don't have to scramble like insects looking to purchase one. Here in central Florida everywhere you go they are OUT. Employee at Bestbuy here locally told me that when they get iphones it's usually 3 here or there....give me a break!!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, wish they would hold out on international launches until demand is met in the US first (however that isn't fair to the rest of the world)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it happens every year. i anticipate it, so should you.

too bad they don't do something crazy like "pre-ordering"

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I used to think this, but I've softened my stance. There is a time required for manufacturing, and they seem to do a remarkable job to have as many as they do at launch. Should they announce and then not release for 4 weeks? Should they try to stockpile a large quantity and try to keep it a secret for months before announcement? what I think they might be able to do is limit the number of countries they release in. However, I think we'd then see a run on domestic supply to fuel the black/grey markets of other countries. I don't have an answer to Apple's issues, but I've stopped blaming them for shortages. We as consumers create the demand, and Apple tries to keep up. Last thing they probably want is to give consumers the opportunity to cancel an order and buy into a different ecosystem.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
sounds like someone whose sour because they didnt get one. YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE ! I live in a area where I have one indirect store and walmart ! how you think I feel ? I got one but having nothing but problems and store is giving me run around you want mine ? ill sell it to you for retail and get new one ! people need chill the freak out its been a week.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple sold 10,000,000 iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in the first 3 days. And they still sell the 5s and 5c. It takes a lot to put it all together. New OS. New Hardware. 2 new phones different sizes. I find it amazing they provided as many as they did.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
If you know that there will be demand for these iPhones every year why not make enough that we don't have to scramble like insects looking to purchase one. Here in central Florida everywhere you go they are OUT. Employee at Bestbuy here locally told me that when they get iphones it's usually 3 here or there....give me a break!!

You obviously don't understand supply and demand

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well they made enough based off of sales from last years first week but this years sells tripled.

Preorder is the best thing to happen to Apple; even though when I mentioned it on here a few months ago everyone acted as though I was speaking another language, like it was never done before.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
How do you gauge something as new as a 5.5 inch iPhone? Not only that but given the population centers of the entire world, how would you go about making sure you don't have more supply than demand?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Apple is pretty good with their supply chain but the demand is so high that they cannot make enough phones in time for the launch. Think about it. ~10 million units in 3 days. Yes, Apple could have predicted it but the suppliers and the assembly lines just couldn't keep up.

There is too much behind that statement - supply-chain 101

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with above, sounds like someone is sore that they didn't get their iPhone when they wanted it. I think Apple does a magnificent job of getting the phones made and shipped out as quickly as they do in the time frame we are speaking about. Three days after launch I was able to walk into an Apple store and walk out with two iPhone 6. Thats pretty darn good, considering how many they sold! I you want availability, go buy a Samsung or LG. I hear they are always in stock!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Must suck for you. Had no problem getting a 6 Plus and a 6 within the first 4 days of launch here in beautiful Southern California where iPhone 6 and 6 Plus stock is like a dime-a-dozen.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Wow. Chalk up another one for the age of entitlement. Order one and wait for delivery, just like everyone else who missed the pre-order and didn’t go stand in line somewhere to get one on launch day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro