Apple can be pathetic

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
For those that really wanted them, they stayed up till 3 AM out East or midnight out West. It wasn't as important to me, so I'll wait.

I wish I had perspective and could think of a good example, but anyone that wants one today, could probably get one easily in a month or less.

Can anyone recall an example of anything where the wait time was more than 30 days with no easy way to fill demand?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Could be like the OnePlus One, where they still aren't in the open market, while the next model already is being hyped...

I got my 6 on a whim, on the Monday after release day. Had I so chosen, could have picked one up on the spot on the Saturday.

Had I decided I wanted one but hated to wait or lived nowhere near an Apple Store, I could have gotten one within ten days of launch.

In terms of logistics, that's a remarkable accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you know that there will be demand for these iPhones every year why not make enough that we don't have to scramble like insects looking to purchase one. Here in central Florida everywhere you go they are OUT. Employee at Bestbuy here locally told me that when they get iphones it's usually 3 here or there....give me a break!!

They do it on purpose. Look at how it had people going mad. They could start production a month earlier but no. All to drive up demand and getting the free press from all these delays and "demand"

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
For those that really wanted them, they stayed up till 3 AM out East or midnight out West. It wasn't as important to me, so I'll wait.

I wish I had perspective and could think of a good example, but anyone that wants one today, could probably get one easily in a month or less.

Can anyone recall an example of anything where the wait time was more than 30 days with no easy way to fill demand?

Funny even those who stayed up for that still have to wait a month or more to get the device. Just another reason I don't stay up for preorders

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Funny even those who stayed up for that still have to wait a month or more to get the device. Just another reason I don't stay up for preorders

Lots of folks here (and not here) managed to pre-order and get it on release day. (My hand is up). It wasn’t that hard to do. In fact, apart from the iPhone 5S, when there were no pre-orders, I’ve done it every year since the iPhone 4 (2010).

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Lots of folks here (and not here) managed to pre-order and get it on release day. (My hand is up). It wasn?t that hard to do. In fact, apart from the iPhone 5S, when there were no pre-orders, I?ve done it every year since the iPhone 4 (2010).

The 6 maybe, the 6+ not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The 6 maybe, the 6+ not so much

Again, not true. I had mine ordered and was back in bed within about 45 minutes from the start of it all. Feel free to spin it any way you have to, but is not only was possible, it wasn’t that difficult.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Again, not true. I had mine ordered and was back in bed within about 45 minutes from the start of it all. Feel free to spin it any way you have to, but is not only was possible, it wasn?t that difficult.

Ok whatever you say.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Work for a telecom company then. No lines to wait, no preordering, nada. I just receive the order and activate one for myself.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
It's all for marketing and stock price. The longer they can keep up the demand, the better for them. Capitalism. Awesome!

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Look on the bright side-- by the time you get yours all (or most) of the bugs will be worked out. I'm finding it extremely frustrating being an early adopter. Next year I'll do my usual thing and wait until October/November. No more pre-orders for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh