this accessory may not be supported?

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
So I keep getting this "this accessory may not be supported" message on my phone. Is the phone or cable bad? Or there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So I keep getting this "this accessory may not be supported" message on my phone. Is the phone or cable bad? Or there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance

iOS has detected that one of the components is not certified MFi (Made For iOS). Continue using it at your own risk. Or replace it with a MFi certified component.

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Usually just non-OEM cables cause that for me.

Try plugging it into your computer USB and see if you get that. If so, try a different cable. If it's a new OEM cable, ask for a swap from Apple. It may be defective.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's the OEM cable but plugged into a surge protector with USB plug ins.

I’d guess that the USB supplied power connection is NOT MFi certified, and is the source of your issue. Try plugging the Apple charger block into the surge protector and connect the lightning cable to the OEM charger block.

Morganas

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I've actually encountered this problem occasionally since I updated to ios8. Nothing else had changed same cord, same outlet. Hell I even had it pop up on me when it wasn't plugged in....now that was the damndest thing

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I got this when I used a charger case for my iPhone 5. It would charge up as much as it could then when the case died it gave me that accessory not supported message

Smokey Behr

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Here is another solution I discovered.

If your using your computer case usb connection which is 2.0 try one that is 3.0 on one of you main board usb sockets. I had the same thing keep popping up once my iPhone 6+ was fully charged at 100% on the USB2.0 socket. When a attached the OEM cabling to a USB3.0 socket. all of those messages ceased. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been using a monoprice certified 10' cable for months. My wife uses it as well with her iP 5c. So after updating iOS 8, I get the pop up about "accessory may not be supported". It's MFi certified! It works fine. I only got the pop up once. Been using the cord for 6 months. Had to be an iOS 8 bug.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Humza Safder

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I have run into this same problem. I tried what someone posted earlier; pressing and holding the dismiss and unplug the cord and plug it back in, but the error message dissapears the instant I unplug the cord. The only way I have found to get my phone to charge is by turning it off and then plugging it in. That way my phone can't tell that it is not a genuine apple charger and prevent it from charging. My cord worked fine for like a couple days, then all of a sudden it won't charge any of our IPhones. I hate that Apple has done this. They make the crappiest cords and then charge $30 for a new one. And then prevent us from getting a cheaper and more long lasting cord. Not right at all.

Rusty Smith4

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
So I ran into the issue and here is what caused the problem for me. I originally plugged my phone in via a USB port on the front of my computer to later learn that the more modern up to date USB ports were on the back of the computer. So try plugging it into a rear USB port instead of one in the front assuming you did this.

suebee2

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I am getting the same message and it's not even plugged in or has an attachment attached to it. It just shows up on my phone that's sitting here on my desk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2