Question for everyone where you buy your phone ?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Did not really know if this would be new thread quality or if should posted it else where but, When you purchased your phone did anyone buy from a authorized resaler then a cell store direct like att tmobile or verizon ? I bought mine from this place its called Celluar Sales and its a authorized resaler of verizon wireless. They run the same sales equipment etc as direct stores. Reason I went there was because sadly I live in area where closes direct verizon store is a hour north or south basically any direction. I bought locally because figured any problems dont have go far. Well they have been extremely picky about me with my complaints. Ive called apple ive called verizon both directly. They told me set my phone up as new and not from back up. Reason being having wifi issues, my wifi for last 3 days has been going on and off my ipad would be connected and my phone wouldnt be and it wouldnt connect either. That process didnt work im still within my exchange exchange it at the store because there has been alot of buggy issues as with any new equipment you put out for a while. The store said oh its ios they advised us to tell customers to not updated to ios 8.0.2 to stay with 8.0. Well my ipad is on 8.0.2 and its working just fine, since i updated it. Well its been day 2 now since i restored as new and my wifi still goes on and off sometimes cant connect meanwhile ipad is working just fine. Also they told me should fix my battery issue because i get to about 7 pm after not using it much at all i got about 30% left. As normal store making excuses about it. So was wondering if anyone has had these problems im having ? also if anyone has bought from a simillar store like this have you had any problems dealing with a " authorized resaler " and if anyone might have some advice on how to deal with this store ? Im thinking verizon customer service told me if its not better by monday exchange it, if the store still gives me hard time just call customer service back and see what to do getting frustrated with this. I wont buy from there again thats for sure.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Shawn. Everything you describe here sums up exactly why I won't ever deal with a non-corporate carrier store again. I've gone through similar hoops years ago.

I know you said it's an hour drive to the nearest corporate store. I drive an hour and 10 min to work every day so I'm biased, but make the trip. If you are not happy with this phone, go return it, undo everything with them, and take that hour drive. An Apple Store is always the number one option in my opinion, but when that is not an option, Corporate carrier is next best.

Don't let this store push you around either. You're paying way too much money in hardware and contracts to not be satisfied.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for reply finn, Sadly the reason i chose to deal locally was without going into detail, due to medical disease im unable to move my neck and i have partial paralization in my left arm i therefor cant drive, I rely on my dad and yeah enough said with that lol. I didnt want to by choice but given reasons stated I had this feeling deal locally because if you have problems wont be a pain in the arse to get back there. I however have learn my lesson about that. I will just wait or order online etc next time. I love phone just dont think I should have to as they put it " put up with defects " until the new software is pushed out, think thats a bs thing for them to tell me.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Brother I am so sorry to hear of the medical condition(s) you are dealing with. I sincerely hope things improve for you in every way possible.

I can understand your wanting to be able to deal locally. And there is no reason you shouldn't be able to expect quality customer service from this place. I hope you get things resolved to your satisfaction. I wouldn't wait on an update. Especially if it takes me past my window to return a defective device. No way. Don't let them deceive you.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am in NJ two ends is two ATT stores 3 miles to left and two to right,phone came from Apple via shipping I had to get a sim switched so we went there.
What's that mean set as new?i am not having problems whatsoever but i dont know if it was set as new or what they did it for me.
I have an Apple Store half hour north but I had no problems w att store

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Set up as new means you set everything back up manually and re download all your apps etc again. They told me this because I guess sometimes when you back up and restore a back up sometimes it can be corrupt etc from back up and if you set up as new wont have any issues unless it's a phone issue directly.

hailteam1

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I really think most 3rd party stores don't want high end device users. Ie iPhones, Galaxy, note. They want the uneducated consumer that they can slap into middle grade android phone maximizing all there profit. So if have an issue they want you to go away and not be chargeback.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would always shop at an official retailer, such as Best Buy, but I would highly recommend the Apple Store. :)

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
so long story short in case anyone who seen this thread or anyone who posted wanted to know. I went back to the store they finally found me a device exchange, I thought everything was good and I would have what I wanted WRONG. The employee who did exchange is biggest um I dunno how to say it really just a air head! Not only did he drop my device on the table, i asked him to see it before walking out of store his reply. Its fine I checked it. This was after picking it up off the table and putting it into my defender case. As soon as Ieft the store I looked it over in the car, complained about damage that was done to the phone, got told the person I need speak to will be there tommorow. So being extremely fed up Im like ok fine whatever, instead of going back to store AGAIN mind you this cost gas money and not being able to drive depending on someone to take me there all time isnt easy. I call back before going no answer, kept calling all day finally someone answers get told hes gone for day. SO i called the reps phone that was issued on bill of sale for orginal device and asked him what to do I cant get ahold of anyone. Finding out then they swap there employees around, hes now working out of the area in buffalo wich is over hour north of me. He tells me I cant be bothered with this I have concentrate on people im dealing with now not people in past. At that point being totally fed up I get ahold of manager and he tells me the rep inspected it before I left this is day two with it I should have reported it when I noticed it two days ago, which is what I was trying to do for last two days, I cant help you because I dont know where damage came from if it was from here or in your care. Basically saying your screwed deal with it. I told him thats bs having it in defender when I left the store thats just bs. He blamed it on the case and said Otterbox defenders are known to scratch phones. :-/ Totally pissed off called Verizon, Long story short they are sending me another replacement but they are back ordered to 10/21 and when that happens they will ship me a new one I get charged 215$ and some change and thats ontop of what i already paid in store the 215$ and when they get this device back they will refund it so basically im being charged twice and have wait for 7-10 days for one to be refunded. I really urge everyone who thinks about doing there shopping at a store like this DONT just DONT and to top it off the manager from the store said, " If you wanna return your 16gb and get a 64gb I can do that but exchange for the same thing I cant do" basically meaning hey give us more money ill help you. :-/

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Had no issues with mine when I got it out of the box. Updated to 8.0.2 over the air on my iPhone and it had so many issues. So I just restored it from iTunes and put 8.0.2 straight from my computer instead of doing an over the air update. Phone has been working completely better. So when 8.0.3 or whatever comes will be doing the same. Give that a whirl and don't backup start completely fresh. You will loose your data/photos/contacts but believe me it's worth it. Good luck

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
so long story short in case anyone who seen this thread or anyone who posted wanted to know. I went back to the store they finally found me a device exchange, I thought everything was good and I would have what I wanted WRONG. The employee who did exchange is biggest um I dunno how to say it really just a air head! Not only did he drop my device on the table, i asked him to see it before walking out of store his reply. Its fine I checked it. This was after picking it up off the table and putting it into my defender case. As soon as Ieft the store I looked it over in the car, complained about damage that was done to the phone, got told the person I need speak to will be there tommorow. So being extremely fed up Im like ok fine whatever, instead of going back to store AGAIN mind you this cost gas money and not being able to drive depending on someone to take me there all time isnt easy. I call back before going no answer, kept calling all day finally someone answers get told hes gone for day. SO i called the reps phone that was issued on bill of sale for orginal device and asked him what to do I cant get ahold of anyone. Finding out then they swap there employees around, hes now working out of the area in buffalo wich is over hour north of me. He tells me I cant be bothered with this I have concentrate on people im dealing with now not people in past. At that point being totally fed up I get ahold of manager and he tells me the rep inspected it before I left this is day two with it I should have reported it when I noticed it two days ago, which is what I was trying to do for last two days, I cant help you because I dont know where damage came from if it was from here or in your care. Basically saying your screwed deal with it. I told him thats bs having it in defender when I left the store thats just bs. He blamed it on the case and said Otterbox defenders are known to scratch phones. :-/ Totally pissed off called Verizon, Long story short they are sending me another replacement but they are back ordered to 10/21 and when that happens they will ship me a new one I get charged 215$ and some change and thats ontop of what i already paid in store the 215$ and when they get this device back they will refund it so basically im being charged twice and have wait for 7-10 days for one to be refunded. I really urge everyone who thinks about doing there shopping at a store like this DONT just DONT and to top it off the manager from the store said, " If you wanna return your 16gb and get a 64gb I can do that but exchange for the same thing I cant do" basically meaning hey give us more money ill help you. :-/

That is 100% bull**** and I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. I've been in a non-corporate store once to get a screen protector and even then it made my skin crawl.

I would keep calling Verizon and sternly but politely see if you can get this escalated to someone who can get you a new phone NOW without screwing you in the process. Good luck buddy.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
That is 100% bull**** and I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. I've been in a non-corporate store once to get a screen protector and even then it made my skin crawl.

I would keep calling Verizon and sternly but politely see if you can get this escalated to someone who can get you a new phone NOW without screwing you in the process. Good luck buddy.

thanks jake, I dont even care how anymore honestly. I love apple and this whole experience is just making me feel sick to my stomach honestly. I just want a new condition phone since thats what I paid for. New with no defects like I had begin with. Im very ticked off about having to wait and having to sit on two charges the original and the replacement but if I have to to get what I paid for whatever really. Im just so ticked off and I will never go back there again EVER I had friend who was going there to order a 6plus. told her DONT JUST DONT :-/ I feel like a moron but its hard even look at my phone right now with all the bs Ive been threw.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Shawn, reading that makes me sick to my stomach. What a painful and aggravating lesson in no longer dealing with non-corporate stores going forward.

I only deal with Verizon Corporate and Apple stores. And after the way Apple handled my situations this time around (going 6, to the 6+, and back to the 6), I will deal exclusively with Apple stores going forward. 100% professionals and customer-first focused.

BUT, that only works for those near an Apple Store. I just want to see you happy brother and hope ultimately that you get your phone that you want, in the condition you deserve, and that you never have to deal with bs like this again. Sorry you've had to experience this.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
thanks jake, I dont even care how anymore honestly. I love apple and this whole experience is just making me feel sick to my stomach honestly. I just want a new condition phone since thats what I paid for. New with no defects like I had begin with. Im very ticked off about having to wait and having to sit on two charges the original and the replacement but if I have to to get what I paid for whatever really. Im just so ticked off and I will never go back there again EVER I had friend who was going there to order a 6plus. told her DONT JUST DONT :-/ I feel like a moron but its hard even look at my phone right now with all the bs Ive been threw.

I understand, and Verizon should understand that too. Even though it wasn't a corporate store, they're still the carrier and they should step up and go above and beyond to make things right.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro