How much storage do you have left?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So this question just popped out of my head on a not-so-busy day.

I have 523MB left out of the 16GB iPhone 6. That includes s h i t load of games that I never played. Now that is called, ladies and gentleman, optimised use of storage. You guys with lots of free space are wasting your money! Storage is meant to be used, not bragged as free space!

Get real, the price difference between 16GB and 64GB is a lot of money. You can buy 4 decent 64GB microSD cards with that!

I'm treating my phone as a backup camera -- i.e. I always backed up my photos as I do with my camera, resized them, and uploaded them to Google Drive for viewing with my other devices, including the non-apple ones. So, 523MB is a lot of space for taking picture with my phone. Also, I don't store my music in any of my iPhones as I found listening music using them made my ears bleed. I have a couple of DAPs perfectly usable for listening to my 7Digital lossless music, that is now using a 64GB microSD cards, with 3GB left each.

Error what? Just because you have X space free now doesn't mean you have "wasted space" and wasted your money. Your going to have the phone for 2 years at least and since you can add external storage your better off having it.

500mb isn't sufficient to last you 2 years......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
ef4aa31d7a488102b48abbdcd0f9cebf.jpg

Already used 48GB of my 128gb iPhone 6 plus. Haven't downloaded all the music I listen to yet plus tried to not download movies at all

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...You guys with lots of free space are wasting your money! Storage is meant to be used, not bragged as free space!

So without knowing anything about us or our intentions for getting an iPhone with more than 16 GBs of storage, you've concluded that we are wasting 'our' money.......Alrighty then...;)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
86.7 available .. Prob should download my music but I have match also. I used to have it all downloaded but have done some restores since then and never put it back just yet

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
About 40 gigs left. I stream all my music now, & watch all my movies on a pirated site. Also store all my pictures on iCloud

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

brahmoone

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
After 23 months with my 16 gb iP 5, I have 4 gb available.

That is true, actually, the reason I got the 16GB several months ago is that I had 5GB free space out of my 2 years old iPhone 5. However, it turned out that the remaining free space in iPhone 6 afterwards was 1.7GB or something with the exact same set of apps. Furthermore the iPhone 6 camera seems to fill up storage quickly.

ip6-left.PNG

No worry I can instantly gather free space by deleting this stupid 2GB Real Racing that I haven't played for months.

No I'm not wasting my money to change it now to a 64GB. Probably anything released in the future with 2GB RAM though, as this 1GB RAM is a web browsing torture. But see, 16GB is still enough!

brahmoone

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
So without knowing anything about us or our intentions for getting an iPhone with more than 16 GBs of storage, you've concluded that we are wasting 'our' money.......Alrighty then...;)

I am very dissapointed that I did not receive any notification emails on replies for the thread I have "participated". How would I supposed to know that I had to reply on any of my quoted statements out of my 1000 random forums that I posted on?

This in unacceptable.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Recently picked up a 64GB in exchange for my Nexus 6. After installing the 20-30 apps I use and having an iPhone 4S as an iPod, I've got 50+ GB just sitting idle!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I am very dissapointed that I did not receive any notification emails on replies for the thread I have "participated". How would I supposed to know that I had to reply on any of my quoted statements out of my 1000 random forums that I posted on?

This in unacceptable.

I'm not understanding, so your saying you want to get a email every time someone post a comment on a thread you posted a comment on? That doesn't make any sense. The only reason you should get a email or be notified is if they quoted you and it's directed at you.

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That is true, actually, the reason I got the 16GB several months ago is that I had 5GB free space out of my 2 years old iPhone 5. However, it turned out that the remaining free space in iPhone 6 afterwards was 1.7GB or something with the exact same set of apps. Furthermore the iPhone 6 camera seems to fill up storage quickly.

View attachment 85052

No worry I can instantly gather free space by deleting this stupid 2GB Real Racing that I haven't played for months.

No I'm not wasting my money to change it now to a 64GB. Probably anything released in the future with 2GB RAM though, as this 1GB RAM is a web browsing torture. But see, 16GB is still enough!

so you don't want to waste your money like we do? I have about 64GB free so I wasted my money on the 128gb iPhone? Sure...... Maybe pigs fly as well

Also if you have to delete apps to get more space newsflash you don't have enough space.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

This in unacceptable.

LOL........

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Well I bought the iPhone6 with 128gb and I don't believe I wasted my money. But if your satisfied with 16gb that your opinion. My opinion is more storage, more apps and pictures. And I don't have to delete anything to try to have more storage.