Battery Life

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Does home & lock screen include notification center widgets or just time while you are on those?

For each individual app that has a widget, it should count battery percentage use against those apps and not the Home and Lock Screen. :)

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Much...much better than I thought it would be.
I was getting a lot of low signal on day one then when the patch came out it seems to have gone away for the most part.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.PNG
    IMG_0022.PNG
    82.6 KB · Views: 63

helmania

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Personally, battery life on the iPhone 6 has been disappointing. I could easily get 10 hours of usage on my old iPhone 5 (before I installed that garbage iOS 8) with 4g turned off. Doing the exact same on the iPhone 6, I can only squeeze it to 8.5 hours. That's less than what I'm used to. Shame!!!!

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 5 that had god awful battery life the iPhone 6 has been amazing for me. Instead if charging it 5 times in one day I only need to charge it at night after a FULL day of not having to charge it

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is more of a mixed bag, but sadly its unable to match my Pre3 and Lumia 822 in battery life. Even after heavy usage I would end the day on 85%

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't care my phone lasts a hella long time regardless LOL.
A hard reset should fix that. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. If that doesn't work, then try "reset all settings". Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

helmania

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When I say iOS 8 is very buggy, it's not a lie. So many things will suddenly drain the battery unexpectedly.

Example 1: I used the camera app to take TWO pictures. I pressed the home button and turned off phone. Five minutes later I felt the phone getting real hot in my pocket, I didn't understand at first. Then I checked the battery and boom, 20% of it was utilized by the camera within the 5-10 mins.

Example 2: yesterday when I was posting the very post on this thread, again, I put my phone down on the table. 10 mins later when I picked it up, it was very hot. Checked battery tab and guess what: safari used 17% in just 10 freaking minutes just to post a message.

Surely these problems are definite bugs with this crappy iOS 8 which in my opinion is the worst OS apple ever released. I've had so many apps crash as well. Many of them are apps that are preloaded onto the phone - APPLE'S OWN APPS! 8.0.2 or whatever didn't fix much of that. If this is the path apple is headed under its new leader, it doesn't bode well for the future of the brand. Now I can't tell android trolls that my OS is very stable and my apps don't crash cause that's just not true any more.

nicnoc

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Since the update I've had even better battery life. Really impressed and hope it lasts!
Before I would be on 20% by this time.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412021207.047661.jpg

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Two things that I have noticed about the battery life on my 6:

When I first pull it off of the charger in the morning, it will drain 3-4% on my 10 minute drive to work. Bluetooth on to connect with my Sync system for hands free calling (at 4:00 in the morning, you never know when you will need it). The battery continues to drain while just sitting on my desk. I have turned LTE off due to very weak LTE signal in my office. 4G signal very strong.

Then once I plug it in to charge to 100%, the battery life is phenomenal. Light use and I'll have 95% when I get home...generally about 6 hours after the full charge.