Why did you choose the iPhone 6 over the plus ? I just wanted som opinions.
    09-27-2014 01:17 AM
    Using the device with one hand was the selling point for me. I had to shift around the plus to much to use it that way. I don't use my phone as a major productivity phone too so I didn't need that extra screen size.
    09-27-2014 07:38 AM
    Size. Or rather dimensions. I came from a Note 3 and had preordered a plus but that longer and skinnier thing had me worried. Popped into Verizon today just to lay hands and try it and realized it wasn't going to work for me. Canceled my preorder on the spot and walked out with a 6.
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-27-2014 07:50 AM
    Had both of them in my hands, the iPhone 6 just fit with my needs better.
    09-27-2014 07:57 AM
    The 6 is the perfect size (for my hands anyway). And I don't think there's any compromise as far as specs/performance goes. Well, unless you consider OIS and the higher res display deal breakers. Some do, and I can understand that. But at the end of the day, it ultimately comes down to which size you prefer. The good thing is, I don't think you can go wrong either way. I actually like the 6 Plus quite a bit, but I found it to be a bit too big to carry around. Just my opinion of course. I'm sure there are plenty who would disagree
    09-27-2014 08:07 AM
    The screen and battery on the plus make it a totally different device than the 6.

Use the plus for a week then the 6 and you're talking big step down .

You're going from hdtv in your hands to 4:3 quality.
    09-27-2014 09:37 AM
    The screen and battery on the plus make it a totally different device than the 6.

Use the plus for a week then the 6 and you're talking big step down .

You're going from hdtv in your hands to 4:3 quality.
    Answer something for me. Better yet, for the rest of our members as well. Why are you trolling the the iPhone 6 sub forums? Seriously? I expected after the release, that we would have trolls from android infiltrate the community with the typical negative commentary and derogatory comments. What I didn't anticipate was a fellow Apple user doing it.

So far you have continually referred to the iPhone 6 as a, in your own words, "major downgrade" from the 6+. You told me to "go back to the downgrade sixers yo". Now you're here in a thread yet again going off topic.

We get it Clack, you hate the 6. You think it sucks compared to the 6+. You think it's no different from the 5S. You worship the 6+. But there are many members who are happy with their choice.

I really don't know why it bothers you so deeply that others enjoy the choice they made regardless if it's different than yours. You see, I really don't care one fraction of an ounce if you dislike me. But it would be nice if you could show the rest of the members some respect and quit slandering their choice of phone. I expect that from other platform users.....not a fellow one.
    09-27-2014 10:00 AM
    Answer something for me. Better yet, for the rest of our members as well. Why are you trolling the the iPhone 6 sub forums? Seriously? I expected after the release, that we would have trolls from android infiltrate the community with the typical negative commentary and derogatory comments. What I didn't anticipate was a fellow Apple user doing it.

So far you have continually referred to the iPhone 6 as a, in your own words, "major downgrade" from the 6+. You told me to "go back to the downgrade sixers yo". Now you're here in a thread yet again going off topic.

We get it Clack, you hate the 6. You think it sucks compared to the 6+. You think it's no different from the 5S. You worship the 6+. But there are many members who are happy with their choice.

I really don't know why it bothers you so deeply that others enjoy the choice they made regardless if it's different than yours. You see, I really don't care one fraction of an ounce if you dislike me. But it would be nice if you could show the rest of the members some respect and quit slandering their choice of phone. I expect that from other platform users.....not a fellow one.
    In regards to the regular 6 battery life.. I've been on Netflix for hours and browsing the forums. iPhone 6 over the plus-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411827063.259309.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using the uncarrier
    09-27-2014 10:11 AM
    Who said I hate the 6 ??
    I may exchange the plus for it - I'm having a hard time even with huge hands coming to grips with a device this bulky .
    However a move to the 6 is a downgrade in screen quality and battery.
    Enjoy your weekend Finn .
    09-27-2014 10:22 AM
    I struggled with the 6 or 6 plus debate myself. I actually started a thread on it. I have tried the 6 plus so many times in the last week because I love the specs on it. I just can't get over the size. It's just way too big for me to comfortably use as a phone. If I was really big into watching movies and YouTube on my phone I would probably have gone with the plus, but I don't. The times when I do want to do those things, I can use my iPad mini. To me after a long week of debate the 6 is the sweet spot right now.
    Will Brady and KarmelVixen like this.
    09-27-2014 10:54 AM
    I chose the 6 because I felt like I'd get annoyed with the 6 Plus like I did with my Galaxy Note 2. I went back to the S3 and then the Moto X, which to me is the perfect 4.7" phone. That was, hands down, my favorite device. Getting the 6 was a no brainer for me. Functional in both size and software.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-27-2014 11:21 AM
    I chose the 6 because I felt like I'd get annoyed with the 6 Plus like I did with my Galaxy Note 2. I went back to the S3 and then the Moto X, which to me is the perfect 4.7" phone. That was, hands down, my favorite device. Getting the 6 was a no brainer for me. Functional in both size and software.
    Have you seen the moto x2014? Looks awesome - I've never used droid but that phone looks amazing .
    09-27-2014 11:24 AM
    Have you seen the moto x2014? Looks awesome - I've never used droid but that phone looks amazing .
    I have. Moto X is one of the best android phones. Of course that is just my opinion. I'm still considering getting one. I went back and forth between the 5S and Moto X before giving them both up for the 6. For people wanting to try Android, the X is always my recommendation.
    Will Brady, CDG and shief24 like this.
    09-27-2014 11:27 AM
    For a while i thought if I went with the six I was getting a weaker product to the plus, but now I feel like I am getting a device that is just as good if I went with the six
    09-27-2014 11:46 AM
    For a while i thought if I went with the six I was getting a weaker product to the plus, but now I feel like I am getting a device that is just as good if I went with the six
    Although the specs aren't as high, it's a great phone. I think the biggest problem was the way Apple marketed it. They made it seems like it was a better version of the 6. If they made it seem like a completely different phone like the Galaxy S5 opposed to the note 4 I don't think there would be as many people thinking its a step down.
    Will Brady likes this.
    09-27-2014 12:13 PM
    The six is not a weaker product. Yes, it has a smaller display and battery. The smaller display with less pixels to drive will also consume less battery, so the smaller battery size doesn't make much difference. As for OIS, it's up the each person to decide if it's a deal breaker. Retina is retina, so the larger display on the plus won't look much sharper. The normal 6 display has a better contrast ratio anyways.

I am a tech junkie who changes phones constantly. I have owned every top end Android phone that has come out in the last 6 months. Specs mean nothing (other than the obvious display and camera), it's about user experience, and iOS wins on that.
    09-27-2014 12:20 PM
    How are you enjoying your iPhone 6
    09-27-2014 12:40 PM
    I just walked out the Apple Store, seven yes seven people brought back there plus to exchange for the 4.7 , and there once one instance of a bent iphone 6 plus, I am not trying to start drama just saying.
    09-27-2014 12:42 PM
    The reason i choose the 6 over the 6+ is because i feel like the 6+ isn't portable enough for me. I have a Note 3 and it's a pain at times just to manage taking it in and out of your pockets even if you're not wearing skinny jeans. Plus i don't really like the feel of it in my hands.
    09-27-2014 01:05 PM
    I just walked out the Apple Store, seven yes seven people brought back there plus to exchange for the 4.7 , and there once one instance of a bent iphone 6 plus, I am not trying to start drama just saying.
    Well. I guess that makes 10 out of about 5,000,000 bent iP 6 Pluses. Wonder if the owner had sat on it in his back pocket? Did you ask?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-27-2014 01:14 PM

He's trying to validate the 6+. He probably hate the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-27-2014 01:14 PM
    Ideally if Apple made an iPod touch the size of the 6+ I would buy it in a heart beat to be the device I'd like to use when I want a little bigger than my phone but want more portability than my iPad.
    09-27-2014 01:27 PM
    Anyone who has a pulse, and is a fanatic enough to join an Apple focalized forum, has known the differences in the 6 vs 6+ from the start. There are tradeoffs. These tradeoffs and what will make one happy, can only be answered by the person making the purchase. Asking questions in the forums that can be answered based upon factual information is great. But once you begin asking questions that can only be answered by opinions and subjective views....you are getting yourself no closer to an answer. You HAVE to try things out for yourselves and make the choices on your own.

That said, having used both phones and being fully aware of the tradeoffs, I asked myself the following questions:
    Q. Can I truly tell the difference between the 750P 6 screen and 1080P 6+ screen?
    A. Side by side, one phone in each hand, I could not. Perhaps others can. I have been told others can. I could not. And I won't spend my life holding the screen of my 6 next to other screens to compare. I won't spend my life worrying about specs. I find the screen gorgeous. The best I have used.

Q. Can I truly tell the difference between the 6 not having OIS vs the 6+ having OIS?
    A. In some cases, yes, I could. Was it enough of a difference for me to need the 6+? No. The camera on this 6 is the best cell phone camera I have ever used. The focus, the clarity, the contrast, the low light production, etc. It is amazing.

Q. Can I truly tell the difference in battery life from the 6 to the 6+?
    A. Yes. Of course. But, I have also had impressive battery life on my 6. Impressive as the 6+? No. But, I am a CPA by trade. I have a charger at my desk. I have a charger in both cars. I have a charger in my kitchen, bedrooms, etc. I don't "need" the battery of the 6+. Some do. I don't. The specs don't bother me.

Q. Is the 6 a true upgrade from the 5S I came from?
    A. Are you kidding me? It is a resounding YES. From the increased screen size, amazing form factor, faster touch ID response, better quality screen despite same 326ppi, amazing camera improvements, improved battery life, etc. I am thoroughly convinced this is a worthy upgrade.

Q. Taking everything into account, knowing all I know, is the form factor of the 6 more important to me than all else mentioned?
    A. For me....FOR ME....yes. I use my phone one handed. I type with one hand and one thumb. I whip it out of my pocket on the fly and start using it while walking. I use it one handed while lying on my side. I love how it fits in my pockets. It is, for me, a perfect size. 5" might have worked better for me. But this will do.

If you took the time to read this, I appreciate it. Share your thoughts. Have fun talking about your phone of choice. And most of all, no matter which device you chose....enjoy it. Love it. And don't give a s**t what others say, think, or use. Look out for number 1, and that is you.
    Last edited by finn5975; 09-27-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    Les74, tekjunkie28, taz323 and 8 others like this.
    09-27-2014 01:46 PM
    Finn5975 your points are valid this site has helped me form the best opinion, I agree with you on all levels, and after time in the apple store, I will be purchasing the iphone 6 4.7
    09-27-2014 02:28 PM
    Who said I hate the 6 ??
    I may exchange the plus for it - I'm having a hard time even with huge hands coming to grips with a device this bulky .
    However a move to the 6 is a downgrade in screen quality and battery.
    Enjoy your weekend Finn .
    I've read 3 posts by u in 3 different threads bashing the 6. It's the same phone. Screens looks the same, and battery life is largely similar. So please just be quiet!
    Will Brady likes this.
    09-27-2014 03:24 PM
49 12