Iphone 6 Earpiece Volume Very Low?

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone else has noticed the volume on the iPhone 6 earpiece volume to be pretty low? I either all of a sudden need a hearing aide since last week or if my iPhone 5 was a lot louder.. Having the 6 up to full volume is like what my ip5 sounded like at half.. Is anyone else experiencing this, or know a fix? I almost wonder if it is an Ios 8 problem since the speaker sounds good with no distortion other than being low

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this would affect the overall volume, but it's worth a try. Go to Settings - Music and adjust the "Volume Limit" to off, if it not already set to off.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have quite a bit of hearing loss in my right (phone) ear...so a loud and clear enough earpiece is a dealbreaker on any phone I use. Up until this iPhone 6, every iPhone I've owned have been barely passble in the earpiece speaker volume department. I have been stoked that my iPhone 6 earpiece is loud enough and very clear, letting me have the best "phone" experience on an iPhone to date.

I've heard nothing from anybody else about the earpiece being too low. I would definately look to exchanging your iP6 within the 14-day period while you can. There is something wrong.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks yeah everything you mentioned is done.. Just seems a lot quieter than my iphone 5.. Maybe I will just wait and see if IOS 8.0.2 does anything for it

Sacha7905

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting my 6 soon, and I hope it has a loud earpiece. My iphone 4 was barely loud enough and i'm hoping the 6 will be better.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be good but I've only made one call since I've had it (my mom doesn't text. Lol!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This worked on my Wife's 5c, which had very low volume. Go to Accessibilty>Hearing Aids>toggle Hearing aid Mode on. This also worked on my 5. It made a big difference on her 5c.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
This worked on my Wife's 5c, which had very low volume. Go to Accessibilty>Hearing Aids>toggle Hearing aid Mode on. This also worked on my 5. It made a big difference on her 5c.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

That's a good idea if your in a loud environment.

classc1

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I can't hear at all when I make a call. The volume is super low. It's so low that I can't hear the phone ringing sound when I make a call!

Sacha7905

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Is the plastic cover just the big screen protector one that comes on the front and back of the phone? Or is there another smaller one ever the earpiece too?

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the plastic cover just the big screen protector one that comes on the front and back of the phone? Or is there another smaller one ever the earpiece too?

Yeah I'm curious about this too. What's this cover you people speak of? Please don't say the full phone plastic cover they come with! lol

Gary Kirk2

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I just got the iPhone 6 Plus and I have the volume up all the way, but sound over the phone seems to be much lower. In fact, I can barely hear the people speaking.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods