I was just given an IPhone 6 recently as a present and was wondering why I couldn't hear people when I made phone calls and the speaker barely helped. I was looking around online and someone something about Phone Noise Cancellation. So I just went to settings and turned it off and now that i called my Hubby it was perfectly loud enough. Hope this helps.
    Was wondering if anyone else has noticed the volume on the iPhone 6 earpiece volume to be pretty low? I either all of a sudden need a hearing aide since last week or if my iPhone 5 was a lot louder.. Having the 6 up to full volume is like what my ip5 sounded like at half.. Is anyone else experiencing this, or know a fix? I almost wonder if it is an Ios 8 problem since the speaker sounds good with no distortion other than being low
    05-16-2016 06:09 PM
    Dear All,
    This is not a technical problem but the settings issue. Goto settings and disable phone noise cancellation in General/ accessibility tools.

Best Regards

Irtesam Haider
    05-29-2016 03:47 AM
    I am having the exact problem I thought the phone was broken its bran new even when I use the speaker phone part they can't hear me and the tone is extremely low the phone is bran new we should not be having these problems the phone is expensive we should be able to get more volume than that, I am almost tempted to go back to my iPhone 5 the speaker is loud and the phone still works good.
    06-22-2016 12:27 PM
    I've tried everything on forums and failed. Used software noise cancellation, Mono Audio, Bluetooth off, blowers, brushes.... I was considering changing my phone tomorrow because I could only use the loudspeaker. This afternoon a got a very fine NEEDLE and used to clear the earpiece and just punctured 2 holes in it that couldn't be seen without a magnifier, it's as good as new. Dust clogs the extremely fine holes in the piece and it wouldn't get cleared with blowers & brushes.

TK
    cyberprashant likes this.
    08-08-2016 11:40 AM
    Read my post #54.

TK
    08-08-2016 11:48 AM
    Thank you, I had tried everything I read online. Your trick did it!!
    09-13-2016 06:07 PM
    We just bought my wife a new iPhone 6 Plus and she immediately complained that she couldn't hear on the earpiece, even though it worked fine on speaker. My daughter went into Settings/general/accessibility and scrolled to the bottom where the slide bar is for audio balancing. She slid the balance about 1/2 way to the left and the speaker began working very well. Volume control now works as well.
    10-06-2016 08:22 AM
    We just bought my wife a new iPhone 6 Plus and she immediately complained that she couldn't hear on the earpiece, even though it worked fine on speaker. My daughter went into Settings/general/accessibility and scrolled to the bottom where the slide bar is for audio balancing. She slid the balance about 1/2 way to the left and the speaker began working very well. Volume control now works as well.
    Did one side work better than the other?
    10-06-2016 08:41 AM
    Thanks to you and your invaluable help, I can finally hear clearly and the volume issue has disappeared.
    10-21-2016 06:32 PM
    Was wondering if anyone else has noticed the volume on the iPhone 6 earpiece volume to be pretty low? I either all of a sudden need a hearing aide since last week or if my iPhone 5 was a lot louder.. Having the 6 up to full volume is like what my ip5 sounded like at half.. Is anyone else experiencing this, or know a fix? I almost wonder if it is an Ios 8 problem since the speaker sounds good with no distortion other than being low
    Its probably because the headphones are dirty!
    Put ur headphones in hot "boiling" water and move for like 5 seconds, then take it out, suck out the dirt and try cleaning it with a needle!! And here u go!! Good as new!!
    🙂
    02-09-2017 06:10 PM
    I had the same problem. I had to increase the volume all the way up to hear music through my old headphones. Just put the new headphones on that came with my iPhone 6. Problem solved. Volume at halfway is now perfect.

Hope this helps.
    I understand totally. Not all headphones have the same impedance and magnetic drivers. Some cheap inexpensive ear phones may sound tinny and weak, so turning up the volume louder may be necessary to hear the sound produced. My Etymotics I have to turn the volume way down first before putting them in my ears, or I will blast my ear drums. Once they are in, I just adjust to the normal listening pleasure I have come to know and expect at a whole lot less volume level than other headphones. It all depends on the headphones you are using and what they are rated at for sound quality.
    02-14-2017 07:33 PM
    I've tried everything on forums and failed. Used software noise cancellation, Mono Audio, Bluetooth off, blowers, brushes.... I was considering changing my phone tomorrow because I could only use the loudspeaker. This afternoon a got a very fine NEEDLE and used to clear the earpiece and just punctured 2 holes in it that couldn't be seen without a magnifier, it's as good as new. Dust clogs the extremely fine holes in the piece and it wouldn't get cleared with blowers & brushes.

TK
    Thank you! This works!! Use a needle to clean the very fine pores of the earpiece. Just use a magnifier and puncture a couple of holes (enough to just get thru the grate, don't damage it or push too hard) - the small punctures will clear out microscopic dirt. Volume MUCH louder back to normal iPhone 6s
    05-24-2017 01:47 AM
62 123