I have gone the past 4 years without a case (iPhones 4 & 5). While I had no issues with the screen, the edges and back did get pretty scratched up, and was dropped in a parking lot once or twice. As much as I like the smoothness of the iPhone 6, I feel with it's larger but thinner size it may be harder to handle, especially when shooting video (and my kids do cute things). Here is my criteria for a 'slim case':

1. Not adding significant bulk (but doesn't have to be the thinnest)
    2. Exposed/easy access to buttons/ports
    3. No clear, hard plastic cases (had this with the 3g, lots of dust got in)

With that I've found 11 cases so far. In no particular order:
    Spigen [Safe Slide]
    Incipio feather
    Spigen [0.4mm Thin] [Air Skin]
    elago S6 Slimfit2
    JOTO - Slim Thin Fit Hard Cover
    Noot Basics Ultra Slim Fit Smooth
    Caseology [Drop Protection] Slim Fit Skin Cover
    Spigen [Non-Slip] [Perfect-Fit] Case Slim
    Shumuri Slim .3
    Pinlo Slice 3
    SwitchEasy .035

Any opinions/reviews/pictures/other considerations on these or other slim cases would be appreciated!
    deedeebear and sanibel like this.
    09-25-2014 12:02 PM
    I've never been a fan of many cases, but i have the official Apple Leather on my 6 right now and i love it. great feel and very minimal bulk...
    FWIW.
    Anthonyiamador likes this.
    09-25-2014 01:48 PM
    I have the Apple silicone case and it's not so bulky. On my other iPhones I had a lot of cases, and none ever fit better or felt better than the Apple cases. They are pricey, but well with it in my opinion. I am sure the leather case is nice (or nicer) as well.
    09-25-2014 01:59 PM
    I just got my Apple leather case in the mail yesterday. It's great!!! Really slim and the leather feels very high quality and is "grippy". I had the Apple leather case on my iPhone 5 as well. It's a very well made case that is pretty slim.
    deedeebear likes this.
    09-25-2014 02:21 PM
    I just got my Apple leather case in the mail yesterday. It's great!!! Really slim and the leather feels very high quality and is "grippy". I had the Apple leather case on my iPhone 5 as well. It's a very well made case that is pretty slim.
    I wanted to get the leather case since I liked the one on my 5s but since Apple decided to leave the bottom open I've decided against purchasing it. I really want it though!!! Lol I just like how sleek it looks but I know it's not ultimately protected.
    robertk328 likes this.
    09-25-2014 03:10 PM
    David, thanks for making this thread. I haven't seen most of these cases so I will be ordering a few of em! I like the whole slim type cases too. I just don't want any scratches on the edges or backing. This phone is slippery so I definitely need a case for grip.
    09-25-2014 03:14 PM
    I just ordered the spigen air skin in mint and the spigen perfect fit in gold for my gold six. I really like the apple cases, but I fee like the spigen air skin is a similar design and I was able to purchase both of the spigens with rush shipping for the price of one apple silicone case. Too hard to pass up for those prices!
    09-25-2014 03:35 PM
    David, thanks for making this thread. I haven't seen most of these cases so I will be ordering a few of em! I like the whole slim type cases too. I just don't want any scratches on the edges or backing. This phone is slippery so I definitely need a case for grip.
    Be sure to post some pics and reviews.

Gazelle just let me know my phones were cracked. They weren't when I shipped them, so maybe the body was scratched too much. I'm hoping they will give me some pictures.

I'm surprised at how many people actually like the Apple cases, due to their premium price. It's off my radar because some of the buttons are not exposed. I don't like that button on button feeling.
    09-25-2014 05:33 PM
    I tried everything else avoiding the apple cases. But after reading about the leather case from others here I tried it and now loving it. The rounded edges, slimness of the case, the look and feel all added up to my favorite of all I tried.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    09-25-2014 07:39 PM
    Be sure to post some pics and reviews.

Gazelle just let me know my phones were cracked. They weren't when I shipped them, so maybe the body was scratched too much. I'm hoping they will give me some pictures.

I'm surprised at how many people actually like the Apple cases, due to their premium price. It's off my radar because some of the buttons are not exposed. I don't like that button on button feeling.
    09-25-2014 08:28 PM
    The apple cases seem to be popular, but I've never had one before, so I'm just curious about their actual protection grade.

I know they can prevent scuffs & scratches, but are they effective with falls, etc.
    09-25-2014 08:30 PM
    I have a Speck Candy Shell Grip on my 6, and I really like it. It provides really good protection without much added bulk/weight. The grips are nice for one handed texting, videos and photography. It may be a bit bulkier than you're looking for though.
    09-25-2014 09:44 PM
    I have a Speck Candy Shell Grip on my 6, and I really like it. It provides really good protection without much added bulk/weight. The grips are nice for one handed texting, videos and photography. It may be a bit bulkier than you're looking for though.
    I have a Speck Grip on my 5 and am considering the same for my 6 (if it ever arrives).

Anyone use the Incipio Stowaway on the 6? I looked at that, too, but can't make up my mind. I like the idea of being able to 'hide' my ID/credit card and leave my purse in the car, but not sure how much I'd use it or if it would be too bulky.
    09-25-2014 09:50 PM
    I tried everything else avoiding the apple cases. But after reading about the leather case from others here I tried it and now loving it. The rounded edges, slimness of the case, the look and feel all added up to my favorite of all I tried.
    How does it feel holding it, with the bottom open?
    09-25-2014 09:51 PM
    Official Apple case in either Silicone or Leather. Slim and very nice
    09-25-2014 09:51 PM
    Good to me. Not slippery. I like the open bottom as I can't stand cut outs around the port holes. They dig into my finger. This one feels right for me.

Also, they have some out so you can try it on phone in store.
    Last edited by Scatabrain; 09-25-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    zerog46 likes this.
    09-25-2014 10:03 PM
    I currently have the Apple leather midnight blue case. My disappointment was the bottom is not covered up but otherwise, from my experience from using the iphone5 version, that was why I went with Apple. However, there will be an incipio case and a Spigen case, unfortunately the Spigen cases are backordered on their site until the end of October
    09-26-2014 12:50 AM
    Try speck grip cases they rock
    09-26-2014 03:08 AM
    Found this one too. It looks interesting, but not enough pics or info.

Caudabe - The Veil
    deedeebear and yungboi like this.
    09-26-2014 11:20 AM
    I wanted to get the leather case since I liked the one on my 5s but since Apple decided to leave the bottom open I've decided against purchasing it. I really want it though!!! Lol I just like how sleek it looks but I know it's not ultimately protected.
    Haha, I feel ya. But I actually am glad they left the bottom open like that with the 6 leather case. I had to cut the lightning port hole bigger on my iPhone 5's leather case so I could use Amazon lightning cables.
    09-26-2014 11:59 AM
    It feels awesome holding it, very "grippy". I prefer the bottom being open as well, never have to worry about AUX or lightning cables not fitting in the holes.
    09-26-2014 12:01 PM
    I have to add another vote for the Apple leather case. It's extremely slim and basically adds no bulk. I got the black case with the space gray phone. To me when the leather case is on it looks a lot nicer than with no case.
    09-26-2014 12:06 PM
    Another vote for the Apple case but I have the silicon type. I run about 40 miles a week with my phone in an armband so my case absorbing sweat is a concern. The silicon case works perfect for by purpose but I do like the look of the leather cases.
    09-26-2014 06:32 PM

1. Not adding significant bulk (but doesn't have to be the thinnest)
    2. Exposed/easy access to buttons/ports
    3. No clear, hard plastic cases (had this with the 3g, lots of dust got in)

Spigen [0.4mm Thin] [Air Skin]

Any opinions/reviews/pictures/other considerations on these or other slim cases would be appreciated!

I have the Air Skin or super thin Spigen, and Incipio NGP.

The Air Skin is not going to do anything but protect corners from scuffs but it's super thin. Keep in mind the camera protrudes so these super thin cases will not protect the metal bezel around the camera.

No experience with the Elago Slim 2 for iPhone 6 in your list, but the one I had for black iPhone 5 scratched the corners over time.

The Incipio NGP covers the bottom, is not as refined as Apple's case but again, protects the whole phone and at about 1/2 the price.

My opinions are fairly strong on these because I see lots of damaged phones as an IT administrator.

Watch for Belkin to ship the Grip models. Their iPhone 5 Grip series is a favorite for thin, decent feel and actually protecting the phone. I believe that one's supposed to ship in Oct.

I'll go between the super thin and ones like the Incipio NGP model but rely on more coverage because my life style is active and puts the phones at risk.
    09-26-2014 10:04 PM
    I just tossed this on mine and I love it. Nice and thin, and looks great.
    Spigen iPhone 6 (4.7) Case Aluminum Fit | Spigen
    09-27-2014 01:20 AM
113 123 ...