The Slim Case Thread

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay here's another one that came in the mail. Again from Amazon. I have an addition and I blame that prime membership. This case in my opinion, is basically the alternative to the apple leather case. I'll put the link is anyone wants to purchase it.

Thank you.

I saw that and was unable to get a good sense of how much top protection or lip it has from the Amazon photos or yours. Still, your photos are helpful.

Your comments on what was probably meant as addiction hit home because I'll be making an Amazon order for much different items and the temptation to try another case. In all honesty, the Incipio NGP and ultra thin Spigen I have really do cover much protection and a case more for vanity.

Too bad I cannot find more very thin cases with bottom coverage like the Incipio NGP and not yet shipping Belkin Grips. Especially an alternative to the Apple leather cases. $45 cases help my Apple stock prices more than my weekly budget.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.

I saw that and was unable to get a good sense of how much top protection or lip it has from the Amazon photos or yours. Still, your photos are helpful.

Your comments on what was probably meant as addiction hit home because I'll be making an Amazon order for much different items and the temptation to try another case. In all honesty, the Incipio NGP and ultra thin Spigen I have really do cover much protection and a case more for vanity.

Yeah there really isn't that much protection with this case. There's a bit of a lip but I'm sure it won't protect your screen. I don't even have a screen protector yet. I am trying to be careful though. Also I forgot to picture the top where it is exposed. This is really a slim case and will protect your phone from scratches on the back and sides.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the Spigen Slim Armor case for my i6 and I'm diggin it so far. Adds very little bulk.

Some additional info on this case. Because it's so thin I find I'm a bit cautious when handling my phone as I get the feeling my fingers might slip off. If the material had a little more "grip" I'd feel better about it.

B-17 Pilot

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have gone the past 4 years without a case (iPhones 4 & 5). While I had no issues with the screen, the edges and back did get pretty scratched up, and was dropped in a parking lot once or twice. As much as I like the smoothness of the iPhone 6, I feel with it's larger but thinner size it may be harder to handle, especially when shooting video (and my kids do cute things). Here is my criteria for a 'slim case':

1. Not adding significant bulk (but doesn't have to be the thinnest)
2. Exposed/easy access to buttons/ports
3. No clear, hard plastic cases (had this with the 3g, lots of dust got in)

With that I've found 11 cases so far. In no particular order:
Spigen [Safe Slide]
Incipio feather
Spigen [0.4mm Thin] [Air Skin]
elago S6 Slimfit2
JOTO - Slim Thin Fit Hard Cover
Noot Basics Ultra Slim Fit Smooth
Caseology [Drop Protection] Slim Fit Skin Cover
Spigen [Non-Slip] [Perfect-Fit] Case Slim
Shumuri Slim .3
Pinlo Slice 3
SwitchEasy .035

Any opinions/reviews/pictures/other considerations on these or other slim cases would be appreciated!

You have to look at the Tech21 case!! I bought the 6 Plus and the Tech21 case should be ready any day! I just saw today the same case on the iPhone 6 and it is awesome. I have one now on my 5S and have loved it. Not at all bulky and very protective. . .https://www.tech21.com/classic-frame-case-for-iphone-6-plus-smokey/

Make sure you look at this one!

Mike

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
so I tried non slim case and I ended up hating it so it's just sitting in my room. It's a great case by maxboost and it's supposed to be a thin rugged case but I prefer a more slim one. I guess I can use that if I'm out biking or outdoorsy stuff. So now i'm on the hunt to further my slim case collection. I ordered a red transparent one from ebay for 44 cents (yes that't right 44 cents) but estimated shipping is from October to December fml lol I failed so look at the shipping date. FYI, not all shipping from china takes forever. If you see one that says e-packet then you should get it within a week.

David Erato

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I ended up with the elago. I like it a lot. It's simple, thin, feels good. Only thing I didn't think about was that going with a case, you loose that nice feeling of the rounded glass edge. But that was bound to happen.

When I sent in our iPhone 5's to gazelle, they tried to down grade our quote, I think because they thought it was too scratched (the screen was fine). I asked for proof, and they took another look at it and gave us the full amount.

Here's some photos of the elago. My apologies for any weird angles or colors.

c257554bf4f1f35fd2590be40d9ef9c3.jpg
7fed8bab15aea6c520ce46b80ed7317d.jpg

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typos or brevity.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Color not what I wanted but love the GRIP... Speck case... they had very limited stock at Best Buy. May change when stock is replenished in a few months.
case1.jpgcase2.jpgcase3.jpg

cs1219

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Touch Skin from Canaloo.com
Touch Skin

Images of actual fitting

IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG

Back of the case is actually thick enough to protect the protruding lens. Good thing about this type of case it feels good in hand. But as many other people said, it lacks of drop protection.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Color not what I wanted but love the GRIP... Speck case... they had very limited stock at Best Buy. May change when stock is replenished in a few months.
View attachment 68466View attachment 68467View attachment 68468

Are the speck cases slim? I've only had the card case and ended up returning because it was too thick (obviously because of the compartment in the back) but I am wondering about the regular speck cases. I like that grip on there and my friend said she only uses speck because it has protected her phone from lots of drops.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I started out with the Air Skin from Spigen in gunmetal. Got tons of compliments on it. Looked great and was very slim, but it is a slick case and with the 6 being bigger, I wanted something with a bit more grip. I'm now using the Apple leather case like many here. I have it in midnight blue and brown. Love them both.

Another poster here mentioned running 40+ miles a week ... got me worried. I run about 20 miles a week and am wondering if it'll ruin my cases. Anyone here run with the leather case? Mine is in a pocket or spibelt during runs, not in an armband.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Are the speck cases slim? I've only had the card case and ended up returning because it was too thick (obviously because of the compartment in the back) but I am wondering about the regular speck cases. I like that grip on there and my friend said she only uses speck because it has protected her phone from lots of drops.

Slim for me.. added only about 1/8" around and I dropped my phone on its back with the case on hardwood and zero damage. I like the grip.. I needed something where I can still use a screen protector and still fit my phone into a belt case.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Touch Skin from Canaloo.com
Touch Skin

Images of actual fitting

View attachment 68482
View attachment 68483
View attachment 68484

Back of the case is actually thick enough to protect the protruding lens. Good thing about this type of case it feels good in hand. But as many other people said, it lacks of drop protection.

Their description is a little hard for me to understand. Is the case all TPU or soft and flexy or the sort where a hard plastic back is attached to soft sides?

I wonder about the camera protrusion part. This case is advertised as .3 mm and my Spigen Air Skin is advertised as .4 mm. That case advertised as thicker does not make leave the camera's metal bezel below the back of the case.

The Spigen's material is more like a thick version of the frosty looking plastic cups you'll find at a party or outdoor beer fest.

garyrh

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You have to look at the Tech21 case!! I bought the 6 Plus and the Tech21 case should be ready any day! I just saw today the same case on the iPhone 6 and it is awesome. I have one now on my 5S and have loved it. Not at all bulky and very protective. . .https://www.tech21.com/classic-frame-case-for-iphone-6-plus-smokey/

Make sure you look at this one!

Mike

I just got a Tech21 at Best Buy yesterday and love it. Great grip feel and good protection with impactology D30. I got blue to go with my gold iPhone 6 and looks great.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Tech21 at Best Buy yesterday and love it. Great grip feel and good protection with impactology D30. I got blue to go with my gold iPhone 6 and looks great.

I have the smokey one but don't think it's considered "slim". Nice case though.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

The candy shell grip isn't thin but it isn't bulky either. It adds just enough to protect the phone imo

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox