The Slim Case Thread

David Erato

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I have gone the past 4 years without a case (iPhones 4 & 5). While I had no issues with the screen, the edges and back did get pretty scratched up, and was dropped in a parking lot once or twice. As much as I like the smoothness of the iPhone 6, I feel with it's larger but thinner size it may be harder to handle, especially when shooting video (and my kids do cute things). Here is my criteria for a 'slim case':

1. Not adding significant bulk (but doesn't have to be the thinnest)
2. Exposed/easy access to buttons/ports
3. No clear, hard plastic cases (had this with the 3g, lots of dust got in)

With that I've found 11 cases so far. In no particular order:
Spigen [Safe Slide]
Incipio feather
Spigen [0.4mm Thin] [Air Skin]
elago S6 Slimfit2
JOTO - Slim Thin Fit Hard Cover
Noot Basics Ultra Slim Fit Smooth
Caseology [Drop Protection] Slim Fit Skin Cover
Spigen [Non-Slip] [Perfect-Fit] Case Slim
Shumuri Slim .3
Pinlo Slice 3
SwitchEasy .035

Any opinions/reviews/pictures/other considerations on these or other slim cases would be appreciated!

meyerch5

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I've never been a fan of many cases, but i have the official Apple Leather on my 6 right now and i love it. great feel and very minimal bulk...
FWIW.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the Apple silicone case and it's not so bulky. On my other iPhones I had a lot of cases, and none ever fit better or felt better than the Apple cases. They are pricey, but well with it in my opinion. I am sure the leather case is nice (or nicer) as well.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I just got my Apple leather case in the mail yesterday. It's great!!! Really slim and the leather feels very high quality and is "grippy". I had the Apple leather case on my iPhone 5 as well. It's a very well made case that is pretty slim.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Apple leather case in the mail yesterday. It's great!!! Really slim and the leather feels very high quality and is "grippy". I had the Apple leather case on my iPhone 5 as well. It's a very well made case that is pretty slim.

I wanted to get the leather case since I liked the one on my 5s but since Apple decided to leave the bottom open I've decided against purchasing it. I really want it though!!! Lol I just like how sleek it looks but I know it's not ultimately protected.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
David, thanks for making this thread. I haven't seen most of these cases so I will be ordering a few of em! I like the whole slim type cases too. I just don't want any scratches on the edges or backing. This phone is slippery so I definitely need a case for grip.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the spigen air skin in mint and the spigen perfect fit in gold for my gold six. I really like the apple cases, but I fee like the spigen air skin is a similar design and I was able to purchase both of the spigens with rush shipping for the price of one apple silicone case. Too hard to pass up for those prices!

David Erato

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
David, thanks for making this thread. I haven't seen most of these cases so I will be ordering a few of em! I like the whole slim type cases too. I just don't want any scratches on the edges or backing. This phone is slippery so I definitely need a case for grip.

Be sure to post some pics and reviews.

Gazelle just let me know my phones were cracked. They weren't when I shipped them, so maybe the body was scratched too much. I'm hoping they will give me some pictures.

I'm surprised at how many people actually like the Apple cases, due to their premium price. It's off my radar because some of the buttons are not exposed. I don't like that button on button feeling.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried everything else avoiding the apple cases. But after reading about the leather case from others here I tried it and now loving it. The rounded edges, slimness of the case, the look and feel all added up to my favorite of all I tried.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Be sure to post some pics and reviews.

Gazelle just let me know my phones were cracked. They weren't when I shipped them, so maybe the body was scratched too much. I'm hoping they will give me some pictures.

I'm surprised at how many people actually like the Apple cases, due to their premium price. It's off my radar because some of the buttons are not exposed. I don't like that button on button feeling.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
The apple cases seem to be popular, but I've never had one before, so I'm just curious about their actual protection grade.

I know they can prevent scuffs & scratches, but are they effective with falls, etc.

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Speck Candy Shell Grip on my 6, and I really like it. It provides really good protection without much added bulk/weight. The grips are nice for one handed texting, videos and photography. It may be a bit bulkier than you're looking for though.

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a Speck Candy Shell Grip on my 6, and I really like it. It provides really good protection without much added bulk/weight. The grips are nice for one handed texting, videos and photography. It may be a bit bulkier than you're looking for though.

I have a Speck Grip on my 5 and am considering the same for my 6 (if it ever arrives).

Anyone use the Incipio Stowaway on the 6? I looked at that, too, but can't make up my mind. I like the idea of being able to 'hide' my ID/credit card and leave my purse in the car, but not sure how much I'd use it or if it would be too bulky.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried everything else avoiding the apple cases. But after reading about the leather case from others here I tried it and now loving it. The rounded edges, slimness of the case, the look and feel all added up to my favorite of all I tried.

How does it feel holding it, with the bottom open?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
How does it feel holding it, with the bottom open?

Good to me. Not slippery. I like the open bottom as I can't stand cut outs around the port holes. They dig into my finger. This one feels right for me.

Also, they have some out so you can try it on phone in store.

Last edited:

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Apple leather midnight blue case. My disappointment was the bottom is not covered up but otherwise, from my experience from using the iphone5 version, that was why I went with Apple. However, there will be an incipio case and a Spigen case, unfortunately the Spigen cases are backordered on their site until the end of October

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wanted to get the leather case since I liked the one on my 5s but since Apple decided to leave the bottom open I've decided against purchasing it. I really want it though!!! Lol I just like how sleek it looks but I know it's not ultimately protected.

Haha, I feel ya. But I actually am glad they left the bottom open like that with the 6 leather case. I had to cut the lightning port hole bigger on my iPhone 5's leather case so I could use Amazon lightning cables.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh