With the mess of IOS 8.0.1 yesterday, I was wondering if anyone's iPhone 6 carrier version changed. This is under General and About section.
    Mine is Verizon 17.0. I noticed a friend's iPhone 6 on sprint and one on AT&T was on 17.1
    Just curious if anyone on Verizon has gotten this 17.1 update?

Thanks

John
    09-25-2014 11:21 AM
  2. John Yester said: Best Answer

Carriers randomly release their updates.

Carrier settings updates are small files that can include updates from Apple and your carrier to carrier-related settings, such as network, calling, cellular data, messaging, personal hotspot, and voicemail settings. You may receive notifications from time to time to install new carrier-settings updates.
    Follow these instructions to update your carrier settings:

1. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
    2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear.

Note: Occasionally a carrier may release a mandatory update. This type of update will display only an OK button instead of an Update button, to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.
    Carriers randomly release their updates.

Carrier settings updates are small files that can include updates from Apple and your carrier to carrier-related settings, such as network, calling, cellular data, messaging, personal hotspot, and voicemail settings. You may receive notifications from time to time to install new carrier-settings updates.
    Follow these instructions to update your carrier settings:

1. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
    2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear.

Note: Occasionally a carrier may release a mandatory update. This type of update will display only an OK button instead of an Update button, to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.
    kataran and the_tech_eater like this.
    09-25-2014 11:29 AM
    I'm rocking Cricket 17.0 on my iPhone 5(broke out of Verizon's iron grip just yesterday) I'm kinda disappointed with how the signal fluctuates so much with cricket. Would a software update fix that?
    09-25-2014 11:37 AM
    I'm rocking Cricket 17.0 on my iPhone 5(broke out of Verizon's iron grip just yesterday) I'm kinda disappointed with how the signal fluctuates so much with cricket. Would a software update fix that?
    Software no. Carrier update yes.
    09-25-2014 11:50 AM
    Great. And being that Att just bought cricket, and cricket just switched to gsm, they'll prolly release a carrier update soon to work out some bugs.
    09-25-2014 12:21 PM
    Sooty for the double post lol
    09-25-2014 12:26 PM
    When I first activated my iP6 last Friday the last thing downloaded was a "Carrier Update".
    09-25-2014 01:36 PM
    Thanks for the tip on how to look for carrier updates. I didn't receive a popup of any kind so I suspect Carrier 17.0 is current for Verizon IOS devices.
    My iPad air and iPhone 6 both are on 17.0
    09-25-2014 02:48 PM
    I never see Verizon updates.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-25-2014 02:59 PM