Has anyone noticed occasional overheating with their iPhone 6?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed their iPhones overheating? I think that it may just be because its still downloading things, but my iPhone has gotten exceptionally hot a couple of times, like hot enough for me not to want to touch it. I looked around on the apple support forums, and others have noticed it, while others have had their iPhones stay cool as a cucumber. Any observations with your devices?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine stays cool all the time apart from occasionally when i'm updating something and using other functions as well, such as a graphics intensive game. Mainly it is fine though.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When I was downloading lots of apps and music (restoring), it got very hot.

But so did my 4 and 5 and 5s, when I did the same. More noticeable this time because I am going caseless.

It otherwise runs cool.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
When I was downloading lots of apps and music (restoring), it got very hot.

But so did my 4 and 5 and 5s, when I did the same. More noticeable this time because I am going caseless.

It otherwise runs cool.

That's pretty understandable. I get the same when I'm playing graphical intense games.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The first day or so, Spotlight will be indexing. This will add to the workload that the processors is doing and may cause your new iPhone to feel a bit warmer than usual. Once indexing is over, I bet you won't notice it getting warm very often.

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine got what I would consider VERY warm when I first set it up. Then it cooled down after it was done and has stayed that way. I've noticed it heats up VERY quickly and cools down equally as fast as soon as whatever intensive task is over, this could be a good thing as that means it's able to shed heat very quickly. Overall my 2010 MacBook Pro still gets way hotter at times though.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No not hot. If it didn't get hot then it's not doing anything. It stays way cooler then any iPhone I had and way cooler then an android

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73