iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The way you are whining and carrying on, they are paper.

So you tell me, smart guy, all knowing one, when my iPhone 6 plus will bend? I've had it over a week and it lives in my front and back pocket. I don't carry it any differently than any other phone over ever owned. I don't use a case. The way you are moaning it should look like a damn taco shell and yet...stick straight. Hell it was in my front pocket at work yesterday for 4 HOURS while I did paperwork SITTING. CUE THE SCREAMING AND PANIC.

What do you recommend I do to bend my phone? Frankly I'm disappointed it hasn't bent yet when it happens so easily (according to you). I mean, I'm not 400 pounds but I'm a size 16 female, so it DEFINITELY should be a rooooooooooned by now, right?

Please. EDUCATE ME.
Well then, there is no need to use a case, is there? According to some posters here, better be safe than sorry. The very same posters say you better use a case cuz aluminum is easier to bend. Unless you are proving them wrong. ; ) Just saying.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Well then, there is no need to use a case, is there? According to some posters here, better be safe than sorry. The very same posters say you better use a case cuz aluminum is easier to bend. Unless you are proving them wrong. ; ) Just saying.

And proving you wrong with your constant squawking that every iphone 6 is a bend waiting to happen. 9 WHOLE PEOPLE SAID SO.

Just shut it already.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
And proving you wrong with your constant squawking that every iphone 6 is a bend waiting to happen. 9 WHOLE PEOPLE SAID SO.

Just shut it already.
The hipocracy is evident . Correction: 9 people said their phones are bent, not a bend waiting to happen. Some posters here are the ones saying users without a case are waiting for bents to happen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To each his own, your device. I bet you're not a 400 pounder ready to sit on it either. ;)
Don't think a few Note 3's and LG G3'S haven't bent. The difference is that with those, no one cares because it's a non issue. But let an iPhone bend, and it goes viral. All of them can bend with enough pressure.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't think a few Note 3's and LG G3'S haven't bent. The difference is that with those, no one cares because it's a non issue. But let an iPhone bend, and it goes viral. All of them can bend with enough pressure.

I disagree. Apple prides itself with superior design, build quality, and choice of materials used in their phones, so they get more heat than their competitors. Blind Apple loyalists often make fun of their competitors.

Yes, all of them can bend with enough pressure, but the 9 complainers apparently didn't put crazy pressure on their phones. When has simply putting your phone in your pocket considered "enough pressure"?

Some argue that the new IPhones should be a bit thicker. Unlike other aluminum phones, Apple doesn't use magnesium chassis like the HTC M8 or Moto X for stronger support. With such a big phone with a huge amount of aluminum, imo, Apple should make the phone a tad bit thicker to perhaps match the protruding camera lens, and offer a bigger battery, without sacrificing its gorgeous and sleek design.

Last edited:

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

I am an iPhone user and I find this "non-issue" defending of Apple quite funny. The phone is just badly designed and is susceptible to bending, more so than its competitors.

A guys iPhone 6 (not even 6 Plus) bent overnight from charging and before people tell me that it's impossible I know from experience that heat and the way it is positioned can bend an iPhone. It happened to my iPhone 5 while on a long trip.

Apple has to fix this. It's bad publicity for a company which prides itself on industrial design.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I am an iPhone user and I find this "non-issue" defending of Apple quite funny. The phone is just badly designed and is susceptible to bending, more so than its competitors.

A guys iPhone 6 (not even 6 Plus) bent overnight from charging and before people tell me that it's impossible I know from experience that heat and the way it is positioned can bend an iPhone. It happened to my iPhone 5 while on a long trip.

Apple has to fix this. It's bad publicity for a company which prides itself on industrial design.

I've had every iPhone from the 4 up to the 6. And have say i must be pretty lucky. never seen that happen.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had every iPhone from the 4 up to the 6. And have say i must be pretty lucky. never seen that happen.

I have been very happy with my iPhones. They just swapped the iPhone 5 for me and I was good again but I flat out refuse to buy this model until Apple have addressed the issue.

I find the reports regarding the new iPhones quite disturbing and I seriously question Apple stating that only 9 have been affected. I've seen videos of people bending them with relative ease and have read quite a few reports of the devices have slight bends.

Do you need to look after your products and handle them with care? Yes. Do you need to baby them and charge them in a certain position because they're susceptible to bends? Hell no.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I read that article also; I was just wondering why you would charge your phone in that position, unless he was conducting an experiment to prove a point.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

So, you're just gonna ignore the Consumer Reports testing?

Ok, then....

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Likewise. No problems ever with this kind of stuff. Now it’s heat related? BS

Observation: all of those whinging and causing the uproar have a few posts on iMore and many posts on Android Central and/or CrackBerry. Coincidence? Doubtful. Just troublemakers trying to stir up trouble about a device that they don’t even own.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
If you think that 9 complaints out of over 10 million phones sold is a problem, well, I don't know what to tell you other than that's ridiculous.

Do you really think that it is only 9? I love Apple as much as the next man but I seriously question that number.

And as a matter of emphasis, even if it were just one, I'd hope Apple took it more seriously than labeling it a non-issue.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Likewise. No problems ever with this kind of stuff. Now it?s heat related? BS

Observation: all of those whinging and causing the uproar have a few posts on iMore and many posts on Android Central and/or CrackBerry. Coincidence? Doubtful. Just troublemakers trying to stir up trouble about a device that they don?t even own.
So trying to provide constructive criticism on an amazing company to make their phones thicker is now also considered a trouble maker? No one is gloating or celebrating this issue that Apple has. I am sorry that you can't tell the difference. Glad that you have never experienced the bending issue, but that does not negate the 9 others (or possibly more), and to blame them for the bending is just weird, imo.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you really think that it is only 9? I love Apple as much as the next man but I seriously question that number.

And as a matter of emphasis, even if it were just one, I'd hope Apple took it more seriously than labeling it a non-issue.

Doesn't matter what I think. Only matters what Apple thinks and what is true so far....which is NINE complaints. You want Apple to worry about people that haven't complained? Ok.....I guess.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just curious... Anyone that's in here complaining about the issue, has your personal phone bent yet?