iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
SeanHRCC, I completely agree with you. The Apple brand is 2nd next to none, even though some may argue their products are a couple of years behind. The free replacements will pay off, and will keep their loyal customers happy.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If it's a "non-issue" then why is apple going to issue replacements... and no it's not because they realize it is a flaw, they just want the bad PR to go away. It is an issue, whether you want to believe it or not. And yes the video of the guy putting a ton of force on it should not be the standard, but still shouldn't be bending in peoples pockets.
iPhone 6 Plus Bendgate: free replacements and warranty details | BGR

Did you read what I wrote? It’s a non-issue "as far as I am concerned". I haven’t changed my behavior regarding carrying/use of my iPhone, and I DO NOT have the problem. If you do, go to Apple and get it replaced. I don’t. For me, it’s a non-issue.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I think iphone 6 plus bending from volume control buttons because the battery inside phone is protecting lower body of iphone which is not easy to bend lower part of iphone 6 and there is little empty space on upper part of iphone which contains only ear piece and camera thats y it is easy to bend from above.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the article, HankAZ. Sigh, seems like Apple is not taking this issue seriously. I suspect there are and will be more complaints than 9 currently if not in the months to come. If anything, this issue would make me be extra careful if I decide to buy the device. I would not want to take the risk or do a test with putting it in my front or back pant pocket for a long period of time throughout the day. And yes, I would a case for good measure.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the article, HankAZ. Sigh, seems like Apple is not taking this issue seriously. I suspect there are and will be more complaints than 9 currently if not in the months to come. If anything, this issue would make me be extra careful if I decide to buy the device. I would not want to take the risk or do a test with putting it in my front or back pant pocket for a long period of time throughout the day. And yes, I would a case for good measure.

Apple sold 10 MILLION devices in 3 days. They have NINE (9) complaints. How seriously should they take it? The incident ratio is infinitesimal.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I was really surprised that it is not greater than 9 honestly. There has to be more than 9 out of millions of retarded people in the world.

Also, the guy who had it in his pockets was obese? Do you have a picture of this?

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Apple sold 10 MILLION devices in 3 days. They have NINE (9) complaints. How seriously should they take it? The incident ratio is infinitesimal.
Perhaps the rest of the 9,999,991 folks have yet to do a stress test? ;) Some may have complained on social media, some may have minor bents that they don't even know, some may have visible bents but don't bother to contact Apple, some may have contacted Apple but Apple may have played down the numbers, etc. We don't know fore sure, and it's still way too early to tell...and don't forget, many folks are also too preoccupied with the new ios8 issue. Better be safe than sorry, buy a case for this gorgeous, but allegedly fragile device is all.

Last edited:

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I am starting to see that Apple user arrogance people accuse apple users of having in these threads. It's definitely not a good look and it screams arrogance on so many levels

For starters, while I don't think this is a big issue as people are making it, I do think Apple's response could've been better in a way. I seriously doubt JUST 9 people complained.

I have yet to see this issue on my new iphone.

For the record...

1. I am male
2. I wear Skinny Jeans

I have no issues

There is a difference in SKINNY JEANS and tight jeans(I really wish people would use common sense to realize the difference between the two aka the same common sense people in this thread said others should have).

The product is new, thin and likely a little fragile. It sucks that this has happened to people but let's lose a bit of the arrogance people and stop acting like we're better than others.

After all this is the same company who had to issue free bumpers for people due to a signal issue and people holding a phone an incorrect way, so it is no surprise that this issue has become an issue.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have decided to prevent my phone from bending I'm going to carry my phone in my front pocket with a red brick to keep it straight.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I might have a car accident, so I'm gonna sell my car.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

I worked a 12 hour shift today with my caseless plus in my front pocket and I sat and stood and bent and guess what? Phone's fine.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What?

Making an official response over 9 customer complaints/inquiries is MORE than taking it seriously...and they went on to explain exactly what most of us have been saying the whole time. Apple, in an attempt to maintain their top tier customer satisfaction rating though decided to replace the devices for them free of charge (even if the damage done would usually be attributed to negligence).

You know what most companies would do if 9 people complained out of 10,000,000? They'd respond "What issue?"

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
What?

Making an official response over 9 customer complaints/inquiries is MORE than taking it seriously...and they went on to explain exactly what most of us have been saying the whole time. Apple, in an attempt to maintain their top tier customer satisfaction rating though decided to replace the devices for them free of charge (even if the damage done would usually be attributed to negligence).

You know what most companies would do if 9 people complained out of 10,000,000? They'd respond "What issue?"

Look at Samsung and their response to the gs4 catching fire.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Can we start deleting these warping, bending, twisting, curving threads already? Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzuuuu*****

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Can we start deleting these warping, bending, twisting, curving threads already? Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzuuuu*****

know how you feel, when people see my iphone six there like omg did you hear those things bend ? , has your started to bend ? I just wanna bend my phone by smacking them across the face with it. :)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
know how you feel, when people see my iphone six there like omg did you hear those things bend ? , has your started to bend ? I just wanna bend my phone by smacking them across the face with it. :)

Ha! I like your style. I prefer the boomerang otter box defender but we're in the same chapter here

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

It's always a droid person saying it too. I saw on another thread on here that the M8 got bent as well so droid people need to shut it lol

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I am starting to see that Apple user arrogance people accuse apple users of having in these threads. It's definitely not a good look and it screams arrogance on so many levels

For starters, while I don't think this is a big issue as people are making it, I do think Apple's response could've been better in a way. I seriously doubt JUST 9 people complained.

I have yet to see this issue on my new iphone.

For the record...

1. I am male
2. I wear Skinny Jeans

I have no issues

There is a difference in SKINNY JEANS and tight jeans(I really wish people would use common sense to realize the difference between the two aka the same common sense people in this thread said others should have).

The product is new, thin and likely a little fragile. It sucks that this has happened to people but let's lose a bit of the arrogance people and stop acting like we're better than others.

After all this is the same company who had to issue free bumpers for people due to a signal issue and people holding a phone an incorrect way, so it is no surprise that this issue has become an issue.

And you don't see "arrogance" at WPCentral? Really? REALLY? If someone is going to be stupid, I'm going to call them out on it. If people think that 2 INTERNET(One of them obese) people are a sufficient sample size to conclude that the iPhone 6+ is defective, I'm going to call them out on it. I'm going to call anyone who takes that as sufficient evidence as being one of the most ignorant people on this planet. That is not how science is done. If you did a school project and you cited 2 internet people as evidence for the iPhone as being structurally unsound you would fail so why is it ok here? That is NOT sufficient evidence. If 2 people showed on the internet that their HTC 8X backing was dirty, would you think it was a defect? Or did you, like everyone else, wait and see other reports? Did you gloat over it when it finally came out that it was a defect or were you supportive? If I listen to a Samsung person gloat over this then I'm going to shove the Samsung phone catching on fire in his face and call him out on his hypocrisy. If a Lumia owner is going to gloat over the bending iPhone, I'm going to shove the bending Lumia 925 in his face and call him a hypocrite. Can you honestly say with what you observe at WPCentral is not arrogance? Every other post on there is a bash against Apple or any other manufacturer. Go to CrackBerry and AndroidCentral while you're at it and then come back here and read the posts. Quit thinking yourself superior dude; It will do you and WPCentral a world of good.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's always a droid person saying it too. I saw on another thread on here that the M8 got bent as well so droid people need to shut it lol

And we as Apple people flood our own forums with the bullroar. Not all android people some of our own people don't help let the situation die. Some space cadet on you tube makes a video proving the obvious that a thin aluminum frame will bend given the right amount of force. Science tells us the lighter and thinner you make an object whether that be aluminum, plastic, whatever it's going to be more fragile and require more attention and care. In the 80s car doors could take a beating without caving in because they were made of heavy materials which required bigger engines, which required more fuel so on and so forth. These car companies changed to aluminum, and sometimes even plastic to be lighter and more efficient. Would people call me crazy if I made a YouTube video kicking the door on a car saying don't buy this car the door bends when you kick it?... Of course they would cause it's logic. Same situation here. If Apple made a phone thicker and bulkier to withstand a grenade impact these same goof balls would be on their YouTube channels complaining about that. I'm waiting for the videos where they attack the screen with a knife and complain cause the screen scratches..... Those are my favorite

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro