iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh my god, the new antenna gate is as stupid as the old.

Talk about much ado about nothing. I heard about this at CB where they are gleefully answering everything with "ZOMG IPHONE BENDZ111!!!1!1!11!!!!!"

Meanwhile I have a week old 6+ that is caseless and been in front and back pockets and is fine.

TL;DR blah blah bend gate blah blah yadda blooey. Wake me up when something important happens. Keep up the squawking, Internet dorks. I will just keep on enjoying my phone and not giving a fig.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Get ready for the android fanboys. I have to work with one and this is going to be the first thing out of his mouth tomorrow.

If he’s a Samsung-er, you can lead with this:
Samsung Vs. Apple Vs. Xiaomi: Samsung phones have ‘lost their appeal’ | BGR
You’ll never be able to accuse Samsung’s own investment firm of being in the tank for its parent company. Bloomberg Businessweek reports that analysts have once again slashed their profit estimates for Samsung in the latest quarter, which sadly hasn’t been unusual to see this year. However, what makes this latest round of lower profit estimates noteworthy is a report from Samsung Securities that brutally explains why Samsung’s high-end smartphone business might be in a lot of trouble.

“Its smartphones have lost appeal — as evidenced by the solid performances of high-end Chinese models and unexpectedly strong iPhone 6 pre-orders,” Samsung Securities wrote in a report this week that also slashed its quarterly profit estimate from 5.7 trillion won to 4.7 trillion won.

Samsung is in a tough place right now, especially now that Apple has finally launched two larger iPhone models that will go head-to-head with its own popular Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series. The company is also facing intense competition on the low end as companies like Xiaomi crank out dirt-cheap smartphones with high-end specs that sell at almost zero margins.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This whole thing is amazing. Here's how to do it: put a large, thin aluminum rectangle in the back pocket of your jeans and sit on it for 6-10 hours per day (where it sits between a large rounded body part and a hard flat surface). Now be stupefied that it bent. SMH.

I know, right? There's been cases of people putting all manner of things into their back pockets and having them bent out of shape going back years but it's always open season on Apple it seems.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have always used a holster for my iPhones, 3G thru 6. I would never even think to put into my pants pocket for any period of time. I will though put into a pocket if my hands are full BUT before sitting down I always remove it. I don't even put it in my shirt pocket.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think round edges wasn't the best structural choice. Round pipe is more resistant to twisting, but bends easier, unless reinforced. Rectangle/boxed tubing is more resistant to bending. Boxing the ends of the iPhone would probably have helped resist bending a little better.

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
When I first saw this new iPhone two weeks ago and heard "thinner" I knew this was gonna blow up into the proportions that it has with the bending. If this is all they can come up with besides the usual faulty displays and occasional other defects then I think Apple has done pretty well with QC, better then the iPhone 5 IMO which was somewhat of a disaster at the beginning.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
LOL!! Why put an iPhone 6 plus on your back pocket anyway? then sit on it? waaaa. hahaha :D

Exactly I put iPhone in my pocket all the time, I just don't sit on it. I don't care what device you put in your back pocket, if you sit on it the wrong way it's going to break.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Know how not bend your iPhone 6 or 6 plus. Its simple don't put it in your back pocket and sit on it. You're welcome !

plasmaborne4rel

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, other 5.5 smartphones survive but it's the users fault if a super magical Apple product fails don't you know. Apple hasn't made a mistake in using too thin an aluminum so it could claim "thinness". Like a supermodel it seems this Apple iPhone 6+ is anorexic.

I own a lot of Apple products however the arrogance of Apple [AppleGate, "You're holding the phone wrong"] and now this may be reason to sell our two ipads, our macbook air, and our Apple TV. Adding insult to injury astonishingly Apple arrogance is surpassed by many Apple fanboys arrogance. Please tell me there are decent Apple users out there who think this is an uncalled for mistake by Apple if it is proven to be a prevalent design flaw. Or will most Apple users blame the victims?

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, other 5.5 smartphones survive but it's the users fault if a super magical Apple product fails don't you know. Apple hasn't made a mistake in using too thin an aluminum so it could claim "thinness". Like a supermodel it seems this Apple iPhone 6+ is anorexic.

I own a lot of Apple products however the arrogance of Apple [AppleGate, "You're holding the phone wrong"] and now this may be reason to sell our two ipads, our macbook air, and our Apple TV. Adding insult to injury astonishingly Apple arrogance is surpassed by many Apple fanboys arrogance. Please tell me there are decent Apple users out there who think this is an uncalled for mistake by Apple if it is proven to be a prevalent design flaw. Or will most Apple users blame the victims?

Let me get this straight....you're going to give up on an entire ecosystem because of an antenna issue that happened 4 years ago and also because of stupid people that put a giant, thin phone in their pocket while being active?

Makes sense....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What's the point of boasting about selling your Apple products here because you're irritated with the voice of consumers on a website? Just do it...quit talking about it and do it if you're so passionately moved by the whole scenario. Unless of course...you're doing it for attention...hmmmm...

It humors me that people want admittance before conviction when it comes to that kind of thing...you want Apple to say "Yup, we made a mistake, our phones are not designed properly and it led to the device itself bending..." after a single overweight guy shares his story of shoving it in his tight dress pants and then driving with it in there causing it to form fit around his leg. No chance of actually trying to see if this is an really isolated situation, just automatically jumping to burning Apple at the stake for it.

My iPhone 6 Plus isn't bent and it's been carried, driven, sat with and walked with in my pants pocket. If this was a design issue, wouldn't we all be experiencing it?

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
What's the point of boasting about selling your Apple products here because you're irritated with the voice of consumers on a website? Just do it...quit talking about it and do it if you're so passionately moved by the whole scenario. Unless of course...you're doing it for attention...hmmmm...

It humors me that people want admittance before conviction when it comes to that kind of thing...you want Apple to say "Yup, we made a mistake, our phones are not designed properly and it led to the device itself bending..." after a single overweight guy shares his story of shoving it in his tight dress pants and then driving with it in there causing it to form fit around his leg. No chance of actually trying to see if this is an really isolated situation, just automatically jumping to burning Apple at the stake for it.

My iPhone 6 Plus isn't bent and it's been carried, driven, sat with and walked with in my pants pocket. If this was a design issue, wouldn't we all be experiencing it?

But, Sean, are you 400+ pounds and wearing a size 28 waist pants??????

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Preach sean preach lol

Last edited:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Seriously?