To each his own, your device. I bet you're not a 400 pounder ready to sit on it either.
    Don't think a few Note 3's and LG G3'S haven't bent. The difference is that with those, no one cares because it's a non issue. But let an iPhone bend, and it goes viral. All of them can bend with enough pressure.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Les74 and reeneebob like this.
    09-28-2014 04:20 PM
    Don't think a few Note 3's and LG G3'S haven't bent. The difference is that with those, no one cares because it's a non issue. But let an iPhone bend, and it goes viral. All of them can bend with enough pressure.

I disagree. Apple prides itself with superior design, build quality, and choice of materials used in their phones, so they get more heat than their competitors. Blind Apple loyalists often make fun of their competitors.

Yes, all of them can bend with enough pressure, but the 9 complainers apparently didn't put crazy pressure on their phones. When has simply putting your phone in your pocket considered "enough pressure"?

Some argue that the new IPhones should be a bit thicker. Unlike other aluminum phones, Apple doesn't use magnesium chassis like the HTC M8 or Moto X for stronger support. With such a big phone with a huge amount of aluminum, imo, Apple should make the phone a tad bit thicker to perhaps match the protruding camera lens, and offer a bigger battery, without sacrificing its gorgeous and sleek design.
    Last edited by Sammuel1973; 09-28-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    09-28-2014 10:51 PM

I am an iPhone user and I find this "non-issue" defending of Apple quite funny. The phone is just badly designed and is susceptible to bending, more so than its competitors.

A guys iPhone 6 (not even 6 Plus) bent overnight from charging and before people tell me that it's impossible I know from experience that heat and the way it is positioned can bend an iPhone. It happened to my iPhone 5 while on a long trip.

Apple has to fix this. It's bad publicity for a company which prides itself on industrial design.
    09-29-2014 03:49 AM
    I am an iPhone user and I find this "non-issue" defending of Apple quite funny. The phone is just badly designed and is susceptible to bending, more so than its competitors.

A guys iPhone 6 (not even 6 Plus) bent overnight from charging and before people tell me that it's impossible I know from experience that heat and the way it is positioned can bend an iPhone. It happened to my iPhone 5 while on a long trip.

Apple has to fix this. It's bad publicity for a company which prides itself on industrial design.
    I've had every iPhone from the 4 up to the 6. And have say i must be pretty lucky. never seen that happen.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-29-2014 03:58 AM
    You'd think that someone would have checked the grammar for that which they put so much time into making.
    09-29-2014 03:59 AM
    I've had every iPhone from the 4 up to the 6. And have say i must be pretty lucky. never seen that happen.
    I have been very happy with my iPhones. They just swapped the iPhone 5 for me and I was good again but I flat out refuse to buy this model until Apple have addressed the issue.

I find the reports regarding the new iPhones quite disturbing and I seriously question Apple stating that only 9 have been affected. I've seen videos of people bending them with relative ease and have read quite a few reports of the devices have slight bends.

Do you need to look after your products and handle them with care? Yes. Do you need to baby them and charge them in a certain position because they're susceptible to bends? Hell no.
    09-29-2014 04:45 AM

I read that article also; I was just wondering why you would charge your phone in that position, unless he was conducting an experiment to prove a point.
    09-29-2014 05:25 AM
    I read that article also; I was just wondering why you would charge your phone in that position, unless he was conducting an experiment to prove a point.
    As far as I'm concerned it doesn't really matter. What matters is that the phone bent.
    09-29-2014 05:33 AM

So, you're just gonna ignore the Consumer Reports testing?

Ok, then....
    09-29-2014 06:27 AM
    So, you're just gonna ignore the Consumer Reports testing?

Ok, then....
    I'm not ignoring anything, but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend that all is well.
    09-29-2014 06:49 AM
    Likewise. No problems ever with this kind of stuff. Now it’s heat related? BS

Observation: all of those whinging and causing the uproar have a few posts on iMore and many posts on Android Central and/or CrackBerry. Coincidence? Doubtful. Just troublemakers trying to stir up trouble about a device that they don’t even own.
    deedeebear, Les74, taz323 and 3 others like this.
    09-29-2014 10:17 AM
    I'm not ignoring anything, but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend that all is well.
    If you think that 9 complaints out of over 10 million phones sold is a problem, well, I don't know what to tell you other than that's ridiculous.
    numb3rmonkey likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:36 AM
    If you think that 9 complaints out of over 10 million phones sold is a problem, well, I don't know what to tell you other than that's ridiculous.
    Do you really think that it is only 9? I love Apple as much as the next man but I seriously question that number.

And as a matter of emphasis, even if it were just one, I'd hope Apple took it more seriously than labeling it a non-issue.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:52 AM
    Likewise. No problems ever with this kind of stuff. Now its heat related? BS

Observation: all of those whinging and causing the uproar have a few posts on iMore and many posts on Android Central and/or CrackBerry. Coincidence? Doubtful. Just troublemakers trying to stir up trouble about a device that they dont even own.
    So trying to provide constructive criticism on an amazing company to make their phones thicker is now also considered a trouble maker? No one is gloating or celebrating this issue that Apple has. I am sorry that you can't tell the difference. Glad that you have never experienced the bending issue, but that does not negate the 9 others (or possibly more), and to blame them for the bending is just weird, imo.
    09-29-2014 11:19 AM
    Do you really think that it is only 9? I love Apple as much as the next man but I seriously question that number.

And as a matter of emphasis, even if it were just one, I'd hope Apple took it more seriously than labeling it a non-issue.
    Doesn't matter what I think. Only matters what Apple thinks and what is true so far....which is NINE complaints. You want Apple to worry about people that haven't complained? Ok.....I guess.
    09-29-2014 01:54 PM
    09-29-2014 02:15 PM
    Just curious... Anyone that's in here complaining about the issue, has your personal phone bent yet?
    09-29-2014 02:59 PM
    Just curious... Anyone that's in here complaining about the issue, has your personal phone bent yet?
    Of course not. Most of the whiners don’t even own iPhones of any vintage, especially not the 6/6Plus. They’re bb and android shills here to stir the pot.
    Les74 and reeneebob like this.
    09-29-2014 03:12 PM
    Of course not. Most of the whiners dont even own iPhones of any vintage, especially not the 6/6Plus. Theyre bb and android shills here to stir the pot.
    I kind of assumed that was the situation
    09-29-2014 03:24 PM
    Wow, it sure got quiet around here. Perhaps it’s GapGate? The sound of crickets is deafening.
    Les74 likes this.
    09-29-2014 04:14 PM
    09-29-2014 04:44 PM
    That is very unfortunate.
    It's more than unfortunate. It's idiotic, any device will brake, if you want it too.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    09-29-2014 04:57 PM
    It's more than unfortunate. It's idiotic, any device will brake, if you want it too.
    I agree. I don't get the malicious intent.
    09-29-2014 05:26 PM
    If you're worried about bending your phone, we can try to find you this one.

iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket-nibend.jpg

Not only won't it bend, odds are it won't fit into your pocket either.
    09-29-2014 10:19 PM
    Of course not. Most of the whiners dont even own iPhones of any vintage, especially not the 6/6Plus. Theyre bb and android shills here to stir the pot.
    I'm an iPhone user. I can't believe that opinions are so easily dismissed simply because you do not want to believe it.

I challenge Apple to provide proof that only 9 handsets have been affected by this.
    09-30-2014 01:58 AM
169 ... 4567