Come on people, if you put it in your pocket and sit on it, it's GONNA bend. It's going to follow the contours of your ****. Put in a case or your shirt pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-25-2014 09:31 AM
    This whole thing is amazing. Here's how to do it: put a large, thin aluminum rectangle in the back pocket of your jeans and sit on it for 6-10 hours per day (where it sits between a large rounded body part and a hard flat surface). Now be stupefied that it bent. SMH.
    Yet not everyone had it in their back pockets. Believe it or not, some had it in their front pocket, you know where people have been putting phones for years. Now if it was samsung this happened to everyone would say how bad of a product they made, but since it's apple they get a pass...
    09-25-2014 09:34 AM
    Again show me someone bending a phone in their front pocket.

I know it's on the Internet and must be true but I saw the video and can't understand someone doing this in their front pocket.
    09-25-2014 09:41 AM
    Yet not everyone had it in their back pockets. Believe it or not, some had it in their front pocket, you know where people have been putting phones for years. Now if it was samsung this happened to everyone would say how bad of a product they made, but since it's apple they get a pass...
    Nobody is getting a pass. These are a few isolated instances of people managing to bend their phones. One video even showed a guy bend his iPhone 6 Plus, but he was using so much force to do so that he was shaking and straining. Meh. Apple gets a "pass" because it’s a non-issue, as far as I am concerned.
    zerog46 likes this.
    09-25-2014 09:44 AM
    Nobody is getting a pass. These are a few isolated instances of people managing to bend their phones. One video even showed a guy bend his iPhone 6 Plus, but he was using so much force to do so that he was shaking and straining. Meh. Apple gets a "pass" because it’s a non-issue, as far as I am concerned.
    If it's a "non-issue" then why is apple going to issue replacements... and no it's not because they realize it is a flaw, they just want the bad PR to go away. It is an issue, whether you want to believe it or not. And yes the video of the guy putting a ton of force on it should not be the standard, but still shouldn't be bending in peoples pockets.
    iPhone 6 Plus Bendgate: free replacements and warranty details | BGR
    09-25-2014 10:01 AM
    people need more common sense
    LCW and nr2d like this.
    09-25-2014 10:04 AM
    people need more common sense
    Yeah, but too bad people are stupid.
    LCW and Les74 like this.
    09-25-2014 10:35 AM
    If it's a "non-issue" then why is apple going to issue replacements... and no it's not because they realize it is a flaw, they just want the bad PR to go away. It is an issue, whether you want to believe it or not. And yes the video of the guy putting a ton of force on it should not be the standard, but still shouldn't be bending in peoples pockets.
    I agree. I am one of those Samsung consumers ready to buy the new Apple IPhone 6 or 6+, simply because they look exquisite, stylish...especially love how the display screen just wraps around the edge and bezel area. However, I may now need to also consider the Samsung Note 4. I have had the Note 2 and 3, none of them warp or bend despite their lesser build quality. Apple always prides itself with premium materials, but what good are their products if they're not durable? It is silly to have consumers change their way of clothing, hold or place their phones a certain way, or insinuate some to lose weight all to use their phones. Cases are purchased to prevent scratches, dents, etc but now to prevent bents too? Glad to hear Apple will do a free replacement, a wise choice before a possible recall is needed. IMO, very admirable if the replacement process is hassle-free. Better to admit fault than to brush it off.
    Last edited by Sammuel1973; 09-25-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-25-2014 10:35 AM
    I've seen some tweets from others now who have slightly bent or warped iphones. Thing is, were they this way out of the box? Or did it happen gradually from pocket use? People tend to look really hard for defects when informed about them.

Regardless of what you think about it, and even I was poking fun at it, it's a real problem for Apple. All I can do as a consumer is swap it out if I notice a problem later. If I can't put it in front pocket, then it stops being a phone and starts being an ipad.
    Sammuel1973 and Premium1 like this.
    09-25-2014 10:41 AM
    I think I am going to put mine on eBay before I even open it. I will keep my 5s.
    09-25-2014 10:46 AM
    Better to admit fault than to brush it off.
    Apple, many times, will replace a device they sell even if it is clear that the consumer was negligent and the damage was incurred because of such. Truly, I don't think Apple replacing these devices is an admission of fault, but Apple's continued pursuit of top notch customer satisfaction. Replacing even a hundred thousand devices because of this wouldn't even begin to put a dent in Apple's profit off the device...but just ignoring such a niche little problem could affect their customer satisfaction rating, something which they have worked hard to keep at the top of the food chain (in terms of smart phone manufacturers).
    Sammuel1973 and tekjunkie28 like this.
    09-25-2014 10:48 AM
    SeanHRCC, I completely agree with you. The Apple brand is 2nd next to none, even though some may argue their products are a couple of years behind. The free replacements will pay off, and will keep their loyal customers happy.
    09-25-2014 11:02 AM
    I think I am going to put mine on eBay before I even open it. I will keep my 5s.
    Don't sell somebody a weak defective iPhone, send it to me for further stress testing.
    BreakingKayfabe and jdhooghe like this.
    09-25-2014 11:06 AM
    Did you read what I wrote? It’s a non-issue "as far as I am concerned". I haven’t changed my behavior regarding carrying/use of my iPhone, and I DO NOT have the problem. If you do, go to Apple and get it replaced. I don’t. For me, it’s a non-issue.
    09-25-2014 11:08 AM
    I think iphone 6 plus bending from volume control buttons because the battery inside phone is protecting lower body of iphone which is not easy to bend lower part of iphone 6 and there is little empty space on upper part of iphone which contains only ear piece and camera thats y it is easy to bend from above.
    09-25-2014 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the article, HankAZ. Sigh, seems like Apple is not taking this issue seriously. I suspect there are and will be more complaints than 9 currently if not in the months to come. If anything, this issue would make me be extra careful if I decide to buy the device. I would not want to take the risk or do a test with putting it in my front or back pant pocket for a long period of time throughout the day. And yes, I would a case for good measure.
    09-25-2014 02:54 PM
    Thanks for the article, HankAZ. Sigh, seems like Apple is not taking this issue seriously. I suspect there are and will be more complaints than 9 currently if not in the months to come. If anything, this issue would make me be extra careful if I decide to buy the device. I would not want to take the risk or do a test with putting it in my front or back pant pocket for a long period of time throughout the day. And yes, I would a case for good measure.
    Apple sold 10 MILLION devices in 3 days. They have NINE (9) complaints. How seriously should they take it? The incident ratio is infinitesimal.
    09-25-2014 03:18 PM
    I was really surprised that it is not greater than 9 honestly. There has to be more than 9 out of millions of retarded people in the world.

Also, the guy who had it in his pockets was obese? Do you have a picture of this?
    Les74 likes this.
    09-25-2014 03:24 PM
    Apple sold 10 MILLION devices in 3 days. They have NINE (9) complaints. How seriously should they take it? The incident ratio is infinitesimal.
    Perhaps the rest of the 9,999,991 folks have yet to do a stress test? Some may have complained on social media, some may have minor bents that they don't even know, some may have visible bents but don't bother to contact Apple, some may have contacted Apple but Apple may have played down the numbers, etc. We don't know fore sure, and it's still way too early to tell...and don't forget, many folks are also too preoccupied with the new ios8 issue. Better be safe than sorry, buy a case for this gorgeous, but allegedly fragile device is all.
    Last edited by Sammuel1973; 09-25-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    09-25-2014 03:36 PM
    Wow. I am starting to see that Apple user arrogance people accuse apple users of having in these threads. It's definitely not a good look and it screams arrogance on so many levels

For starters, while I don't think this is a big issue as people are making it, I do think Apple's response could've been better in a way. I seriously doubt JUST 9 people complained.

I have yet to see this issue on my new iphone.

For the record...

1. I am male
    2. I wear Skinny Jeans

I have no issues

There is a difference in SKINNY JEANS and tight jeans(I really wish people would use common sense to realize the difference between the two aka the same common sense people in this thread said others should have).

The product is new, thin and likely a little fragile. It sucks that this has happened to people but let's lose a bit of the arrogance people and stop acting like we're better than others.

After all this is the same company who had to issue free bumpers for people due to a signal issue and people holding a phone an incorrect way, so it is no surprise that this issue has become an issue.
    cbobb123 and Sammuel1973 like this.
    09-25-2014 04:54 PM
    I have decided to prevent my phone from bending I'm going to carry my phone in my front pocket with a red brick to keep it straight.
    Sammuel1973 and timmy95 like this.
    09-25-2014 05:43 PM
    I have decided to prevent my phone from bending I'm going to carry my phone in my front pocket with a red brick to keep it straight.
    Keep it straight...and a bigger bulge?
    09-25-2014 05:57 PM
    I might have a car accident, so I'm gonna sell my car.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

I worked a 12 hour shift today with my caseless plus in my front pocket and I sat and stood and bent and guess what? Phone's fine.
    09-26-2014 12:26 AM
    What?

Making an official response over 9 customer complaints/inquiries is MORE than taking it seriously...and they went on to explain exactly what most of us have been saying the whole time. Apple, in an attempt to maintain their top tier customer satisfaction rating though decided to replace the devices for them free of charge (even if the damage done would usually be attributed to negligence).

You know what most companies would do if 9 people complained out of 10,000,000? They'd respond "What issue?"
    09-26-2014 12:32 AM
    What?

Making an official response over 9 customer complaints/inquiries is MORE than taking it seriously...and they went on to explain exactly what most of us have been saying the whole time. Apple, in an attempt to maintain their top tier customer satisfaction rating though decided to replace the devices for them free of charge (even if the damage done would usually be attributed to negligence).

You know what most companies would do if 9 people complained out of 10,000,000? They'd respond "What issue?"
    Look at Samsung and their response to the gs4 catching fire.
    09-26-2014 12:34 AM
169 12345 ...