LOL!! Why put an iPhone 6 plus on your back pocket anyway? then sit on it? waaaa. hahaha
    09-24-2014 07:37 AM
    I honestly think round edges wasn't the best structural choice. Round pipe is more resistant to twisting, but bends easier, unless reinforced. Rectangle/boxed tubing is more resistant to bending. Boxing the ends of the iPhone would probably have helped resist bending a little better.
    09-24-2014 01:28 PM
    LOL!! Why put an iPhone 6 plus on your back pocket anyway? then sit on it? waaaa. hahaha
    I’ve been asking that since this whole hullabaloo started. None of it makes sense.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-24-2014 02:30 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Might be a nice fit...if the curvatures are similar enough. :-)
    09-24-2014 02:31 PM
    How would a IPhone 6 bend in a front pocket of baggy jeans? Or a jacket pocket? Mon issue.
    09-24-2014 02:59 PM
    When I first saw this new iPhone two weeks ago and heard "thinner" I knew this was gonna blow up into the proportions that it has with the bending. If this is all they can come up with besides the usual faulty displays and occasional other defects then I think Apple has done pretty well with QC, better then the iPhone 5 IMO which was somewhat of a disaster at the beginning.
    09-24-2014 04:24 PM
    Exactly I put iPhone in my pocket all the time, I just don't sit on it. I don't care what device you put in your back pocket, if you sit on it the wrong way it's going to break.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-24-2014 06:28 PM
    Know how not bend your iPhone 6 or 6 plus. Its simple don't put it in your back pocket and sit on it. You're welcome !
    Apple_Fangirl06 likes this.
    09-24-2014 08:14 PM
    Yes, other 5.5 smartphones survive but it's the users fault if a super magical Apple product fails don't you know. Apple hasn't made a mistake in using too thin an aluminum so it could claim "thinness". Like a supermodel it seems this Apple iPhone 6+ is anorexic.

I own a lot of Apple products however the arrogance of Apple [AppleGate, "You're holding the phone wrong"] and now this may be reason to sell our two ipads, our macbook air, and our Apple TV. Adding insult to injury astonishingly Apple arrogance is surpassed by many Apple fanboys arrogance. Please tell me there are decent Apple users out there who think this is an uncalled for mistake by Apple if it is proven to be a prevalent design flaw. Or will most Apple users blame the victims?
    09-24-2014 09:56 PM
    Yes, other 5.5 smartphones survive but it's the users fault if a super magical Apple product fails don't you know. Apple hasn't made a mistake in using too thin an aluminum so it could claim "thinness". Like a supermodel it seems this Apple iPhone 6+ is anorexic.

I own a lot of Apple products however the arrogance of Apple [AppleGate, "You're holding the phone wrong"] and now this may be reason to sell our two ipads, our macbook air, and our Apple TV. Adding insult to injury astonishingly Apple arrogance is surpassed by many Apple fanboys arrogance. Please tell me there are decent Apple users out there who think this is an uncalled for mistake by Apple if it is proven to be a prevalent design flaw. Or will most Apple users blame the victims?
    Let me get this straight....you're going to give up on an entire ecosystem because of an antenna issue that happened 4 years ago and also because of stupid people that put a giant, thin phone in their pocket while being active?

Makes sense....
    09-24-2014 10:05 PM

What's the point of boasting about selling your Apple products here because you're irritated with the voice of consumers on a website? Just do it...quit talking about it and do it if you're so passionately moved by the whole scenario. Unless of course...you're doing it for attention...hmmmm...

It humors me that people want admittance before conviction when it comes to that kind of thing...you want Apple to say "Yup, we made a mistake, our phones are not designed properly and it led to the device itself bending..." after a single overweight guy shares his story of shoving it in his tight dress pants and then driving with it in there causing it to form fit around his leg. No chance of actually trying to see if this is an really isolated situation, just automatically jumping to burning Apple at the stake for it.

My iPhone 6 Plus isn't bent and it's been carried, driven, sat with and walked with in my pants pocket. If this was a design issue, wouldn't we all be experiencing it?
    09-24-2014 10:09 PM
    What's the point of boasting about selling your Apple products here because you're irritated with the voice of consumers on a website? Just do it...quit talking about it and do it if you're so passionately moved by the whole scenario. Unless of course...you're doing it for attention...hmmmm...

It humors me that people want admittance before conviction when it comes to that kind of thing...you want Apple to say "Yup, we made a mistake, our phones are not designed properly and it led to the device itself bending..." after a single overweight guy shares his story of shoving it in his tight dress pants and then driving with it in there causing it to form fit around his leg. No chance of actually trying to see if this is an really isolated situation, just automatically jumping to burning Apple at the stake for it.

My iPhone 6 Plus isn't bent and it's been carried, driven, sat with and walked with in my pants pocket. If this was a design issue, wouldn't we all be experiencing it?
    But, Sean, are you 400+ pounds and wearing a size 28 waist pants??????
    09-24-2014 10:11 PM

Preach sean preach lol
    Last edited by Sekelani Zwambila; 09-24-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    09-24-2014 10:15 PM

Seriously?
    09-24-2014 10:18 PM
    Seriously?
    How many actual cases of an iP 6 Plus Bending from normal usage can you name? Not those set up videos.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-24-2014 10:26 PM
    jdhooghe likes this.
    09-24-2014 10:30 PM
    Peach sean peach lol

09-24-2014 10:31 PM
    Oops. I meant "preach" autocorrect is a pain
    09-24-2014 10:32 PM
    Oops. I meant "preach" autocorrect is a pain
    It's all good, I love peaches, and derive from the peach state (which you probably didn't know being from Australia)...I wear the peach badge with honor!
    09-24-2014 10:37 PM
    Why did my phone bend in my pocket.

iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411612767.415428.jpg

iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411612784.450429.jpg
    09-24-2014 10:39 PM
    Why did my phone bend in my pocket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411612767.415428.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	66106

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411612784.450429.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	66107
    That top one is a scary picture.
    zerog46, nr2d and Ariyala like this.
    09-24-2014 10:42 PM
    How many actual cases of an iP 6 Plus Bending from normal usage can you name? Not those set up videos.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Yeah there was a lot of force in that one video. His hands started shaking from the effort.

Doesn't stop the people at other sites like Crackberry latching onto it and squawking BACAW BENT IPHONE BACAW like it's the answer to everything. I swear it's been brought up in every thread over there today. You'd think they'd be more interested in the new BB that launched today, but nope. They talk iPhone more than iMore and 'bend gate' is their new catchphrase.
    09-24-2014 10:43 PM
    I got it we can do like the women do.

iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411613096.067096.jpg
    09-24-2014 10:44 PM
    this guy is:
    iPhone 6 And 6 plus warping the while in pocket-gumby.jpg
    09-25-2014 06:06 AM
    Personally, I think it's insane that people are putting their unprotected iPhones into front or back pockets (especially with how big the new ones are) and then complaining about slight bends. While some consumers may *only* pay $200/300 for the cheapest device, it's a $800+ electronic device and you're just SITTING ON IT? I wouldn't throw my laptop into a suitcase without it being in a well-padded case, why would you take less care of your phone?
    Les74, Apple_Fangirl06 and nr2d like this.
    09-25-2014 08:12 AM
169 1234 ...